BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Rear window shade

12K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  wjhughes420384 
#1 ·
I have a 2011 750I the passenger rear window shade is stuck a.d isn't working a.y suggestions

#5 ·
I had the same problem on my right rear passenger side window. It was under warranty so I brought it to the dealer. They had to take the door apart and they screwed it up the first time and had to order the window shade a second time. The part number for my car (2011 740Li) is 51-35-9-168-846. Maybe RealOEM can help. They had to remove my door panel to fix it. The part is over $700, so it's not cheap.

#8 ·
Hello I have a 750li 2007 and both of my passenger sun shades don't come up. I push the button for them to go up and it only rises a little and then immediately goes back down. I removed the door panel and couldn't see anything wrong. Any suggestions on fixing passenger shades to consistently go all the way up and down. Thanks

#12 · (Edited)
I had a 2006 750 and I know this is going to sound extra simple, but please make sure the windows in the rear are ALL the way up. I left a little (miniscule) crack in mine and the same thing happened...and don't forget you have to hold the button for a second or so. If it is not that, then I would look at something in common as previously mentioned. good luck.

#9 ·
Sorry I can't help with the repair but did they both stop working at the same time? If they're both only coming up partially and then going back down, then I would look for something in common like a switch or controller or something. It would seem there would need to be separate motors for each shade and I doubt they would both fail at the same time. Have you tried operating each of them individually from the rear door switches? If they work from the rear doors but not the drivers switch then it would have to be something in between.

#11 ·
Honda Shin Etsu grease works incredibly well for that.

#15 ·
Cool. What did you do to fix it...someone else may benefit. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.