BMW X7 Lease vs Buy - Help - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X7 (2019 - Current)

X7 (2019 - Current)
The BMW X7 is a sport utility vehicle manufactured by BMW. It is BMW's flagship Sports Activity Vehicle (SAV)

Old 02-03-2020, 08:22 PM

Mein Auto:
BMW X7 Lease vs Buy - Help

Hi

My heart is set on a X7 and I currently own a X5 35d which I absolutely still love.

I was reaching out to seek help on buy vs lease decision. I feel this is a bad time to buy an expensive car like an x7.

While I understand the benefits of buy (I have never ever leased a car), one of the big cons as I see on buying is that I will be stuck with the car for atleast 5+ years. The car technology is changing so quickly that in 2-3 years BMW will have an answer to electric and autopilot + more innovation.

I feel if I lease, I will be in a much better position to upgrade in 3 years to something more advanced and innovative vs try to sell the X7 at a pretty bad price - considering there will be much advanced options available and the car would have devalued significantly owing to that.

Appreciate any guidance - am I thinking this right.

Also on my most recent X7 3yr/36k lease I am getting a MF of .0177 and a residual of 54%.

The MF seems high. Any idea what's the prevailing MF on 2020 X7 leases.

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2020, 08:57 AM

Mein Auto: 2015 X4 M-Sport i35
I agree that the tech landscape is shifting seismically right now, so I think a lease is a decent idea - especially with a mega-vehicle like the X7 which may depreciate like a rock if oil ever spikes again.

Advice: unless you are a good negotiator and savvy about lease structures, I'd use a car concierge like "BostonCarConcierge" (no relation) over at LeaseHackr. He gets deals that are better than I've been able to, and I actually know a decent amount about leasing.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X7 (2019 - Current)
Today's Posts Search