Android & BMW - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation BMW 3 Series Sedan F30/F31/F34 and the first first generation 4 Series Coupe F32/F33/F36. Get the latest 3 and 4 series pricing from our ordering and pricing guide sticky thread.

Old 12-17-2019, 06:25 PM

Mein Auto:
Android & BMW

Hello Bimmers. Is there anyway to connect the android smartphone to the idrive and having the benefits that the iphone has. I mean showing the album arts and playing videos on screen... Etc
I have Samsung Note 9 tried with usb type C and no response
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2019, 07:31 AM
Spelling Impaired

Mein Auto: '16 435i
I have used a Pixel and Pixel 4 in my car and neither work, but I do have a three-year old version of iDrive. I don't believe BMW offers any Android support either by USB or via the BMW Connect App. It doesn't really bother me based on my usage, but it's still disappointing.
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt

Drop by and see what is new at my blog: The Car Geek
Old 12-18-2019, 08:11 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 328xi GT
You could always just pick up an older iPhone without service if you were looking to use it for just music.
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2019, 08:41 AM
Casual Fanatic

Mein Auto: 2007 530xi 6 speed manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOoDZz View Post
Hello Bimmers. Is there anyway to connect the android smartphone to the idrive and having the benefits that the iphone has. I mean showing the album arts and playing videos on screen... Etc
I have Samsung Note 9 tried with usb type C and no response
Nope. To get those features, you'd need to get an Android screen. There are threads on the forum describing that process.
Old 12-18-2019, 02:02 PM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Our BMW View Post
You could always just pick up an older iPhone without service if you were looking to use it for just music.
thanks for the good idea : )
Old 12-18-2019, 02:03 PM

Mein Auto:
Thanks all for your feedback!

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search