BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

E60 winter wheels on F10?

915 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  spazzz 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello,

As mentioned in a previous thread I recently got into a 2014 528i x-drive after my 2008 528xi was totaled.

I have a set of BMW style 138 17" wheels with winter tires mounted (225/50/R-17) from the '08 car. ('08 had 18" wheels but bought smaller wheel / higher section tire for winter use). Tires are almost brand new.

As far I can tell online it looks like same bolt pattern and axle diameter as the '08 wheels but the rims have 13mm more offset than the wheels on the car now.

Anyone have any info they can share? Recommendations? Would it be safe to chuck them on the car and test them out? :dunno:

TIA

#3 ·
The smaller wheel diameter is offset by higher section tires, the diameter at the road is the same with both 17" and 18" wheels.

But yes, the offset is the one thing that is different: -13mm with the E60 Type 138 wheels compared to the wheels currently on the car.

Thanks it sounds like it's at least OK to try them out,

#8 ·
E60 wheels have 20mm offset.
Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong! :tsk: Don't make blanket statements like that! Some may, yes, but AWD cars have larger offsets and ETs for OEM wheels for E60s range all over the map.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.