BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

The Official F3x OT Thread!

176K views 301 replies 50 participants last post by  Andy01 
#1 ·
The official F3x off-topic thread.

All standard forum behavior rules apply (no personal attacks or NSFW content).

BOOM

#161 ·
What class of rapids in NY?
The Galaxy s4 is water proof? That's awesome. No I am not trying out that feature unless someone wants to send me $700 as insurance :)

#162 ·
Sirius is buying roadside assistance program
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013...5?feedType=RSS&feedName=innovationNews&rpc=43

One of the groups in this Bayerische Motoren Werke AG (BMWG.DE)
Guess Sirius is gonna be doing our BMW roadside.
Accident: "Hi, I'd like to report an emergency. My wife and I..."
Operator "Sir, would you like to try our advanced satellite radio package..."
Owner: "I'm bleeding out"
Operator "For a limited time we can offer you the medical channel that can inform you of life saving techniques"
Owner: ".........."

No really, this is great news. Should hopefully make better pricing via combo services

#165 ·
Google recently bought the Israeli app called "Waze". This is a crowd-sourcing app where users input where there is traffic jams. This shares the info and helps people avoid traffic. Well, starting today, Google maps users will benefit from this information as it is sent to their google maps app.

BMW really needs to switch to google maps.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/20/tech/mobile/google-waze-mobile-maps/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

#166 ·
^^ I've been using Waze over the last few weeks. It's traffic information is more accurate than Google Maps used to show. Hopefully this will improve the Google Maps traffic info as, overall, I like its functionality more than Waze.

#167 ·
Waze get's about as real-time as you can get (from the people driving the road). The disadvantage is if you are in an area where not many people use it. Google gets its traffic from services (government websites, privates companies, etc) so it may have delay. It will definitely improve (came out on 8/20). Also, Google is improving Waze (since they own it). Nice synergy

#168 ·
JD Power Survey

Filled out the JD Power Survey for my BMW I purchased.

Adrian of BMW of South Atlanta -> Will love the ratings he got

Otto's BMW, BMW of Morristown NJ, and BMW of West German will not like their ratings

Cadillac, Audi, and Lexus will also not like their ratings.

Attached are two screenshots
1) Answer to one of my questions
2) I got $1 for doing this survey. Really they don't know their audience. I know it's intended to buy "coffee", but where can you buy coffee for $1 anymore?

Attachments

#169 ·
The car has been washed. Waiting for my Zaino products to arrive so I can polish that bad boy

#170 ·
Don't know if you've ever used Zaino before, if not you'll love it. Easy to use and great results if you take your time. Just be careful to get all of the bug streaks off of the front of the car and the hood. Somehow between two washes and claying before I applied the Z5 and Z2, I sealed in about a two inch bug streak that won't come out now. Oh well, it will give me a chance to try out Z-PC to see how that works. Oh yah, don't forget the wheels! After I used Z5 on them they looked really good and were easier to clean after that!

#172 ·
That is a wicked cool camera accessory. It has like spy cam functionality, lol :)

#173 ·
Hey All,
Some of you know this, but others may not. This Saturday your local Furball will be getting married. :) The soon-to-be Mrs. Furball has made the C2C events and we plan to make more.

#178 ·
#179 · (Edited)
As of yesterday I got The Roommate 2.0TM * to assist with washing/cleaning the car. Previously The Roommate 2.0TM thought this was an easy task, while she would labor at doing laundry. The Roommate 2.0TM has a new-found respect for cleaning the car, and vows to assist with it in the future (though only twice a month, not weekly).

*The Roommate 2.0TM is the same as the RoommateTM but has the additional Wife Package. The Wife Package cancels out the previous Bachelor Package, Girlfriend (s) Package, and Whoring Package. The Girlfriend Package is automatically upgraded to the Mistress package, and the Whoring Package is upgraded to the Adultery package. The Mistress package is known to cause issues with the Wife Package, which results in potential breakdown of the system voiding the warranty and incurring large out of pocket expenses. Activation of the Mistress Package, while may cause short-term pleasure, is not recommended due to long-term negative effects (Please see SIB Attorney Fees, and Legal Fees)

#180 ·
I feel a Climb to the Clouds event thread coming up soon. Keep your calenders free for end of June, 2014. C2C6!!!!!

#181 ·
And, my wedding gift (from Mrs/Dr. Furball)

Raymond Weil Freelancer

#183 ·
There was only ONE rule for the bachelor party. No pictures. Everything else was game.

And yes, at some point, police were involved.

#184 ·
I had a dream

I was going to a sporting event, in a red Lamborghini. Parked the car right next to the venue, and on a corner spot - as close to the wall as possible (so far from the SUV parked next to it).

Came out of the venue, and the back of the Lambo, which looked like a mini-van, had on the upper right quarter panel a bunch of dents in it (like someone hit golfing balls at it).

The dents spelled out "While you rich people spend your money the rest of us are poor" (roughly).

I think the dream came about from 1) Justin Bieber and his lambo fiasco, and 2) all of the hate against the rich for being rich.

We can ignore the first part, and discuss the second part. Most of us here have at least some extra cash (cause well, we buy cars that are overpriced). I doubt many of us fall into the rich category (let's say $500,000/year income or more). Do you revile the rich for being rich?

For me, even those idiots who inherited their fortunes (e.g., Paris Hilton) - I don't revile them. Heck, if they want to spend their millions/billions on $10,000 shoes, million dollar cars, ridiculous trips, etc - then great. I'd rather they spend money (fuels the economy) then horde it under the bed. If they want to make idiots of themselves, on TV, then that is their bed to make (I don't care about that).

As for the hate against the mega-rich who "Screw" the population. I know small-time business owners who screwed their employees. I once worked for a person, whose company (small company) was making great profits. Each month a newsletter was sent how the company is doing awesome. On one month (august) we didn't do as well as the previous month (still turned profits). It's august, people are out on vacation, business slows down. The owner pulls a bunch of us into his office and lets us know he will be letting go some of the developers because the month is slow. When we ask why, since it will pick up next month (we know this for 100%), his response is he does not want to pay them while work is slow and will just rehire them (or someone new) the following month....well, talk about the small business owner screwing his people over. What I'm getting at - rich or poor people will screw each other over.

So, do you hate the rich for being rich?

#187 ·
I was going to a sporting event, in a red Lamborghini. Parked the car right next to the venue, and on a corner spot - as close to the wall as possible (so far from the SUV parked next to it).

Came out of the venue, and the back of the Lambo, which looked like a mini-van, had on the upper right quarter panel a bunch of dents in it (like someone hit golfing balls at it).

The dents spelled out "While you rich people spend your money the rest of us are poor" (roughly).

I think the dream came about from 1) Justin Bieber and his lambo fiasco, and 2) all of the hate against the rich for being rich.

We can ignore the first part, and discuss the second part. Most of us here have at least some extra cash (cause well, we buy cars that are overpriced). I doubt many of us fall into the rich category (let's say $500,000/year income or more). Do you revile the rich for being rich?

For me, even those idiots who inherited their fortunes (e.g., Paris Hilton) - I don't revile them. Heck, if they want to spend their millions/billions on $10,000 shoes, million dollar cars, ridiculous trips, etc - then great. I'd rather they spend money (fuels the economy) then horde it under the bed. If they want to make idiots of themselves, on TV, then that is their bed to make (I don't care about that).

As for the hate against the mega-rich who "Screw" the population. I know small-time business owners who screwed their employees. I once worked for a person, whose company (small company) was making great profits. Each month a newsletter was sent how the company is doing awesome. On one month (august) we didn't do as well as the previous month (still turned profits). It's august, people are out on vacation, business slows down. The owner pulls a bunch of us into his office and lets us know he will be letting go some of the developers because the month is slow. When we ask why, since it will pick up next month (we know this for 100%), his response is he does not want to pay them while work is slow and will just rehire them (or someone new) the following month....well, talk about the small business owner screwing his people over. What I'm getting at - rich or poor people will screw each other over.

So, do you hate the rich for being rich?
I hate stupid people for being stupid.

If a stupid person happens to be rich then.............if the shoe fits.

#195 ·
Married life is great. We are taking our time for baby time!

Is BMWconfig.com down? I go there, and go to configurator, but can't type in car

#200 ·
Oh yes, ladies and gentleman. This is the reason why we park our cars at the far end of the parking lot.

Or maybe she was really making sure nobody would door ding her!

She was still in the car when I walked by

Attachments

#201 ·
Introducing the latest member of the Furball family

Baby Sloane.

First picture is 8 weeks
Second picture is 9 weeks

We have protective seat cover (hammock) and door covers.

Luckily, as a female, she will never pee on the car wheel...unlike my cousins dog (Buddy) who visited today and the first thing he did when he went outside, was to pee on the driver side rear wheel

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.