BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Beginning the shopping process - when do we expect F36 LCI?

815 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Ossian512 
#1 ·
Hi folks,

New member here. The lease on my 2014 F30 is up in early July, so I'm starting to shop around. I had almost settled on a Merc C43 sedan, but then I drove the F36. While I love the Merc interior (especially the availability of ventilated seats -- a huge plus in Texas) I was way more impressed with the F36 than I expected to be, and it is now my front-runner (Tesla Model S 60 still has an outside shot). Volkswagen Golf R might jump onto the list if I'm suddenly overcome by a wave of financial good sense :)

I'm assuming that the F36 is due for an LCI refresh sometime in 2017? I've seen some speculation out there, but when do we expect the official reveal and, more importantly, cars available for order?

I'm trying to decide whether or not I should wait for the refresh, or assume that I might get an even better deal by buying an older model right before the new ones start shipping. I'm checking just about every option package on the list, so this car will need to be ordered anyway. Here's the build I'm considering:

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Content/BYO/SharedBuild.aspx?CMId=d8syqd5d

So what do you guys think, wait for LCI or don't worry about it?_a__a2_

See less See more
#5 ·
If you want to be snarky ask them what they're expecting BMW to produce between March and October for 4 Series. Or do they expect that BMW will start the 2018 4 Series as a non-LCI and then facelift it in randomly mid-model year September? What they're saying doesn't match up with the production schedule.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.