BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

F31 Headlights upgrade

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Michael Schott 
#1 ·
Hi all, I didn't have the money for LED headlights and am sadly disappointed with the standard halogens, I have adjusted them to actually light up the road but not shine in car windows (something bmw refused to do) can anyone tell me the best lamps to install without paying silly money. The BMW "sport lightbulbs" are £50 a pair which is ok but are they better than internet ones for £20? Or should I go down the HID road?

#2 ·
Please....for the sake of every other driver on the road, do NOT install HIDs in a standard halogen light assembly.

I see STIs with them and I just want to give them all the bird

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
There are many many prior threads on alternatives to the halogen bulbs. Please use search and read through those.

There are several halogen bulbs that provide a brighter whiter light but at the cost of high operating temperature and short life. In my experience they do not light up more roadway and they run hot enough to melt insulation. Sylvania Silverstar is an example.

What do you want the headlights to do that they are not now doing.

#6 · (Edited)
I am 61 and quite happy with the size of my dick, so I am not interested in what they look like, or any other posing / go faster related aspects, and do not feel the need to try and impress you with how many other go faster cars I have owned. I do a lot of night driving in the winter and am interested in improving the romantic glow that currently falls out of the front of the car to form a pool of light 25meters ahead leaving the road in total darkness. My dealer says they are set to max legal elevation (which I simply dont believe) so I have, as I said in my op adjusted them to shine further without dazzling other road users but would be hapier fitting brighter lights (easy to be wise after the event). I know that brighter lights burn hotter and have a shorter life, which is no good to me, that is why I ask if the BMW ones are better as they are so expensive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.