New Membet - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions
Welcome to Bimmerfest! Whether you are a current BMW owner, shopping for a new or used BMW or just interested in cars, we hope you enjoy your visit. Take a moment to introduce yourself and post a picture of your BMW for the rest of the Bimmerfest BMW community to see.

Old 06-24-2019, 08:40 PM

Mein Auto:
New Membet

Hello. I recently purchased a used e84. It is my first BMW. I'll admit, I wasn't quite prepared for how much the vehicle would cost to get set up to use. The salesperson failed to mention that there is only one key until after I asked while walking out the door to drive it home for the first time. He also failed to mention getting a spare key would cost over $300. The manual was also missing but I found one for $75. A dealer suggested I need a new battery >$400 and will require programming at an hourly rate of >$160. A replacement cargo cover is also over 400. Since the vehicle originally has run flats but they'd been changed out I need to do something about a potential flat. Does this get less expensive?

I do enjoy driving it but I'm a bit overwhelmed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2019, 09:24 AM
D'oh, You Kids!

Mein Auto: E24x2,E36x2,E30x1, F150
Welcome to Bimmerfest!

It looks like you went into that purchase without investigating everything, like the extra keys being missing. Yup, they're real pricy, but the seller SHOULD do the programming for free. It's a few minutes job, not hours. That is unless you bought it somewhere beside a BMW dealership.
buying a ratty example (of a BMW) is a parasitic relationship.(and you ain't the mosquito) 7pilot
Ken Kanne, Silverhill, AL, Bimmerfest Site Moderator
BMW-CCA #441426

1993 325is M3 clone"Ashlyn"; 1993 325is "Elvira"; 1985 635CSi "Katja"; 1984 633CSi "Sylvia"; 1987 325is "Odette";1995 318is"Bebe"

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > New Member Introductions
Today's Posts Search