F31 2012 heated memory seats retrofit - seat heating acting up - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation BMW 3 Series Sedan F30/F31/F34 and the first first generation 4 Series Coupe F32/F33/F36. Get the latest 3 and 4 series pricing from our ordering and pricing guide sticky thread.

Old 01-10-2019, 11:59 AM

Mein Auto: E91 330d
F31 2012 heated memory seats retrofit - seat heating acting up

Hi

Just did a retrofit with 06/2014 heated memory seats in my F31. Had regular mechanical heated seats before.

Did the power, connected the driver's seat to CAN2 (passenger seat is without memory so heating is LINbus in that), added 459 to VO, coded HU_NBT and FEM_BODY. Memory works just fine, I have the "last position" option in the NBT which works fine, seat controls works perfectly, width and lumbar adjustments as well.

Seat heating works, when I activate it the three LED's lights up, but turns off after a few seconds. Heat is still on though. If I press the button again, two lights illuminates, and turns off after a few seconds - but the heat is turned down a bit. So - heating works just fine (all three steps), it's just the LEDs that turns off after a few seconds.

I did CAFD injection with the newest available CAFD, 2014. My car is updated to 11/2017 though (except the SM, which obviously wasn't as it was just retrofitted).

Tried setting SITZHEIZUNG_LOW_Front to "Nicht aktiv", which didn't change anything. FEM throws an error regarding missing LIN Slave, which makes no sense as it shouldn't expect LIN anymore due to 459 coding. Passenger heat works as usual, and the LED stays on.

I'm ready to accept the LED acting up as the heating works just fine, but it'd just be nice to have it working again.

Anyone got any experience with the above?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2019, 08:21 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 Glacier Silver 328i
Try asking on the Coding and Programming forum.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search