Considering F25 w/ N55 - Page 2 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - 2017)

X3 F25 (2011 - 2017)
The second generation X3 added style and new features to the BMW's mid-sized SUV. Talk about the BMW F25 X3 with other X3 owners now!

Old 12-28-2019, 05:06 PM

Mein Auto: X3
The issue that got me was Turbo charge pipe bursting. These are rubber and get brittle and fail with age. My car came with a 3 month warranty which covered the replacement with and aluminum one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2020, 07:53 AM

Mein Auto:
Nice.

For mine I blacked out all trim and changed the Grills. I am in the Chicagoland area if you have any questions feel free to PM me.
Old 01-02-2020, 07:53 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 x3 M-sport 3.5i
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighDeaf View Post
Attachment 876019

just purchased weeks ago. 2012 m sport, n55. Still exploring features and abilities. Loving it so far! No kick to open hatch unfortunately
I have a '13 m-sport 3.5i in the same color and love it. It's a wonderful, fast, comfortable car. Great highway SUV. My wife's 340i has kick to open hatch - good feature except it flies open when you wash the underside of the rear bumper, which is a PIA. Enjoy your X3 and congratulations.

Phil G.

2016 BMW 340i M-Sport xDrive Mineral Grey/Oyster
2016 Porsche Boxster S (6MT) GT Silver/Black (SOLD 8/25/18)
2013 BMW x3 M-sport 3.5i x-drive Space Grey/Black
2009 BMW 328i xDrive Space Grey/Oyster (TRADED)

Last edited by pgold1230; 01-02-2020 at 07:55 AM.
Old 01-02-2020, 09:37 AM
From Chevelle to Novell

Mein Auto: x3/x5
Looks good. The sport seats are nice. Only issue I have is being over 6ft my pants leg gets caught on the rail when getting out and the seat is all the way back. I am in IL and local to you. Feel free to ask any questions if you have any.
Old 01-04-2020, 09:43 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 X3 X35i
I hope you got your self a warranty. These "modern" BMW can cost a lot to repair and it's not if, it's when. I was able to buy one through ALLY for about $3200. It saved my arse when I went in to get a oil filter gasket replaced. 12k later I got all my oil leaks fixed. Take away 4k for a new transfer case. To replace the head gasket the engine had to be dropped. That being said so did most of the front suspension. They replaced the oil pan gasket, head gasket, valve cover gasket and every other gasket needed to put the engine back together plus the lower control arm bushings. I have a two page list of the parts purchased. It is extensive. While in for that I paid for a tranny service, $800. Just the Tranny pan/filter was $380 retail. The transfer case was also spewing oil so it was replaced under warranty as well. This all took place at about 81k miles. Luckily I had a warranty with a $200 deductible.
Old 01-04-2020, 01:09 PM

Mein Auto: Lincoln MKX
Quote:
Originally Posted by rirrgang View Post
I hope you got your self a warranty. These "modern" BMW can cost a lot to repair and it's not if, it's when. I was able to buy one through ALLY for about $3200. It saved my arse when I went in to get a oil filter gasket replaced. 12k later I got all my oil leaks fixed. Take away 4k for a new transfer case. To replace the head gasket the engine had to be dropped. That being said so did most of the front suspension. They replaced the oil pan gasket, head gasket, valve cover gasket and every other gasket needed to put the engine back together plus the lower control arm bushings. I have a two page list of the parts purchased. It is extensive. While in for that I paid for a tranny service, $800. Just the Tranny pan/filter was $380 retail. The transfer case was also spewing oil so it was replaced under warranty as well. This all took place at about 81k miles. Luckily I had a warranty with a $200 deductible.

Didnít get much of a warranty, just 1 month/1k miles from the dealership. However, Iím handy so not much will concern me in terms of maintenance. Iíve already discovered the OFHG is leaking, as well as the coolant expansion tank. We are working out a way to take care of that under warranty now. I plan to do transmission service and differential fluids shortly, as well as replace the air and cabin air filters. Outside of that, I donít see anything I should be concerned about yet. I could be convinced that one of the front wheel bearings is going bad, but these tires are so stiff I can tell if itís just the tire making the noise or the bearing. Time will tell on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-04-2020, 02:09 PM

Mein Auto: 335i
These n55ís are amazing and frustrating at the same time. I had seal/leak issues. The warranty picked up the first. The shop picked up the second after a year when the same issue occurred. I limped it to an AD for the second one.

Old 01-05-2020, 05:34 AM

Mein Auto: X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoathere View Post
Didn't get much of a warranty, just 1 month/1k miles from the dealership. However, I'm handy so not much will concern me in terms of maintenance. I've already discovered the OFHG is leaking, as well as the coolant expansion tank. We are working out a way to take care of that under warranty now. I plan to do transmission service and differential fluids shortly, as well as replace the air and cabin air filters. Outside of that, I don't see anything I should be concerned about yet. I could be convinced that one of the front wheel bearings is going bad, but these tires are so stiff I can tell if it's just the tire making the noise or the bearing. Time will tell on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogwldfltr View Post
The issue that got me was Turbo charge pipe bursting. These are rubber and get brittle and fail with age. My car came with a 3 month warranty which covered the replacement with and aluminum one.
Back on the long-term reliability issues list; the other thing worth considering is getting the water pump and thermostat replaced proactively in order to avoid significant damage to the engine when they fail.

Last edited by hogwldfltr; 01-05-2020 at 05:36 AM.
Old 01-05-2020, 08:45 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2015 X3 xDrive28d
On my 2015 I'm still ahead of the game WRT a warranty. My $2000 on an instrument cluster would have been covered on any decent warranty. The BMW Warranty quote I had was for $5900, so I decided to gamble.

19,000 miles remaining under what a warranty would have covered.

Maybe I should have considered an aftermarket warranty, but it seems I saw a lot of complaints.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - 2017)
Today's Posts Search