Heater blowing hot air through vents but cold air on floor vents - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 01-21-2020, 06:15 PM

Mein Auto: X5 4.8i
Heater blowing hot air through vents but cold air on floor vents

What is causing my heating system to be so wacko? I have tried every setting and nothing works. I can get hot air through the vents only. I get ice cold air blowing through the floor vents. Any ideas what's going on? I welcome any help, It is cold!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2020, 02:22 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X5 e70 4.8
The infamous thing that get overlooked is the stratified air setting; a hot/cold adjustment in iDrive.

If thatís not it, some flaps may be stuck. Bmw software can test those, but you can also listen carefully; ignition on but engine off, fan on lowest but not off, and go through all the manual settings, left right up middle down hot/cold stratification etc. You should softly hear flaps moving in the dash. Anomalies will stand out.

Also possible is that part of the heater core is blocked. But i donít know if your symptom really matches such a problem.

Do you get hot air in the back? Iirc that air also comes from the lower section of the whole heater/ac unit.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Old 01-22-2020, 10:04 AM

Mein Auto: X5 4.8i
I'm pretty sure there is heat in the back but I will double check that. First I will try the idrive setting. I may have them screwed up because I have messed with it so much. Thank you for your help!

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search