All BMWs IHKA 801222 - missing DDE/DME release - potential solution - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old 10-11-2019, 01:12 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F10
IHKA 801222 - missing DDE/DME release - potential solution

I'm posting this to save other folks from wasting time. For couple of years now my car has been constantly logging this error in the IHKA ECU:

801222 - Air conditioning compressor: switch off due to missing DDE/DME release

No other symptoms, and that's not even a fault - it's an info event. But I'm anal about these things, so it was quite annoying.

Normally, this fault indicates that DDE/DME did not allow the AC compressor to run because of engine load - temperature conditions, etc. In my case, I was getting this error even with a cold engine start, so the description didn't make any sense. I did a lot of googling but no solution - many people say it's normal, many cars have it, etc.

I think I fixed it, at least in my case ;-) I was having nothing better to do, so I was browsing through TIS and noticed that after IHKA programming/encoding the Steering Wheel Normalization ABL has to be executed. What does IHKA have to do with the steering wheel you may ask? No idea. Did I program/encode IHKA via e-Sys, thus not running the post operations ISTA would? Yes I did. So, i ran the service function and no error for more than a week now! Thus, I am 99% sure it's fixed, as I was getting the fault instantly before.

Of course, in other cases it may be an actual AC problem, just sharing my experience.

Hope that's useful to someone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2020, 07:30 AM

Mein Auto: BMW F10
What did you service exactly? I Could not find it in ISTA. Did normalize the (Electric) steering Wheel position but that did not solve my error ***x1f609;
Old 01-24-2020, 07:37 AM
Nuclear engineer

Mein Auto: CPO2012 X5 35d M57(E70)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breach View Post
801222 - Air conditioning compressor: switch off due to missing DDE/DME release

Normally, this fault indicates that DDE/DME did not allow the AC compressor to run because of engine load - temperature conditions, etc.
A/C Compressor Control

The IHKA is the master for controlling the A/C compressor. Pressing the AC button on
the air conditioning system operating unit switches the air conditioning system to the
ready state.The IHKA transmits a speed increase request to the DME (ECM).

Depending on the temperature and the nominal-value setting, the IHKA sends a cooling
power request to the DME (ECM) If the DME (ECM) is ready and in a position to provide
a torque of > 20 Nm, the DME (ECM) issues a release for a load connection of up to 30
Nm. This release is also monitored by the junction box. The IHKA issues a command to
the junction box to couple the connection. ...
Scepticism is the chastity of the intellect, and it is shameful to surrender it too soon or to the first comer: there is nobility in preserving it coolly and proudly through long youth, until at last, in the ripeness of instinct and discretion, it can be safely exchanged for fidelity and happiness.
(The Works of George Santayana p. 65)

Eschew eristical argumentation. I am responsible for what I write, not for your understanding of it.

See More Related BMW Stories

Tags
801222, ihka

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming
Today's Posts Search