MY2021 2-Series Production and Allocations - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > Ask-A-BMW-Dealer

Ask-A-BMW-Dealer
Talk to our team of BMW Client Advisors from supporting BMW dealerships. Get all of your BMW pricing, ordering, buying, financing, and leasing questions answered here!

Old 01-17-2020, 05:42 AM
[classified]

Mein Auto: Fiesta ST, Jag XF-S
MY2021 2-Series Production and Allocations

From my readings, I understand that the current MY2020 F22/23 hits End of Production in 06/2020, so I assume that the final 2-er models start MY2021 production in July? Then the F22 Coupe hits its final EOP in 06/2021, while the F23 Convert soldiers on to final EOP in 10/2021. Anyone have any updates on the Leipzig production schedule?

With all that, I have a question on how the allocation process works. Do the dealers get all their allocations for a particular model at the start of a production cycle, or do the allocations trickle in month by month? I am very interested in getting a build slot for 09/2021 for one of the Last of the Old School Mohicans F23, so I hope to understand how to accomplish that.

I am very appreciative of the dealers who support this forum!
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2020, 09:50 AM
Bimmerfest Founder

Mein Auto: E92 M3 Cp + E30 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMikeRedux View Post
From my readings, I understand that the current MY2020 F22/23 hits End of Production in 06/2020, so I assume that the final 2-er models start MY2021 production in July? Then the F22 Coupe hits its final EOP in 06/2021, while the F23 Convert soldiers on to final EOP in 10/2021. Anyone have any updates on the Leipzig production schedule?

With all that, I have a question on how the allocation process works. Do the dealers get all their allocations for a particular model at the start of a production cycle, or do the allocations trickle in month by month? I am very interested in getting a build slot for 09/2021 for one of the Last of the Old School Mohicans F23, so I hope to understand how to accomplish that.

I am very appreciative of the dealers who support this forum!

Regular allocations occur monthly, that is, after the initial launch has unfolded. For launch we receive pre-specified dealer demos ("HEA" cars) that we are supposed to keep around for test-drives and to take orders from, but often they get sold.

Sounds like you've got a firm grasp on things really!

If you are targeting 9/21 build then you need to have your order in by 7/21.

Piece of cake!

No-Haggle/Internet Special Pricing • NEW BMW SALES • email me for a quote: [email protected]
Old 01-17-2020, 09:54 AM
Bimmerfest Founder

I will post Model Year 2021 Production Schedule once I obtain it.

Meanwhile, here is MY 2020 (see attached .pdf fle).

Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2020MY_Production_Info.pdf (105.7 KB, 37 views)

No-Haggle/Internet Special Pricing • NEW BMW SALES • email me for a quote: [email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2020, 11:38 AM
[classified]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Shafer View Post
Regular allocations occur monthly, that is, after the initial launch has unfolded. For launch we receive pre-specified dealer demos ("HEA" cars) that we are supposed to keep around for test-drives and to take orders from, but often they get sold.

Sounds like you've got a firm grasp on things really!

If you are targeting 9/21 build then you need to have your order in by 7/21.

Piece of cake!

Jon,
Thanks for your (as usual!) very helpful reply. I read all your posts, even on topics I am disinterested in (like financing, since I am a cash-only guy). Since I am only a couple of hours from the SC factory, I usually do a PCD (which means I can order from any dealer), plus I don’t push for absurd discounts - wink, wink; nudge, nudge.
Old 01-17-2020, 12:40 PM
Bimmerfest Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMikeRedux View Post
Jon,
Thanks for your (as usual!) very helpful reply. I read all your posts, even on topics I am disinterested in (like financing, since I am a cash-only guy). Since I am only a couple of hours from the SC factory, I usually do a PCD (which means I can order from any dealer), plus I don't push for absurd discounts - wink, wink; nudge, nudge.
I am always open to assisting Bimmerfest members on the East Coast if it makes sense for all parties..

Cash deals definitely make it easy for me to help...

Old 01-18-2020, 05:45 AM
[classified]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Shafer View Post
Regular allocations occur monthly, that is, after the initial launch has unfolded.
Sorry for obsessing on this, but this is my first time to be interested in getting an allocation for a particular month, rather than just any allocation. With the regular monthly allocations, are those for just that month, for the next couple of months, for ........ ?
Thanks!
Old 01-18-2020, 04:55 PM

Mein Auto: Audi A3
I'm interested in getting an F22 around June and have a few questions.

When would be the last day to get in an order for a 2020 F22?

When would the system start accepting orders for 2021 models and when would the ordering guides be available for the 2021 F22 models.

Thank you

Last edited by bottlecap; 01-18-2020 at 04:58 PM.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > Ask-A-BMW-Dealer
Today's Posts Search