ZF6 probs - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series & 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion of BMW's 4th generation E65/E66 7 Series flagship. The E65 generated much controversy, due to its radical styling and iDrive user difficulties. Nonetheless, the E65 broke records to become the best-selling 7-series iteration ever, especially after its 2005 facelift.

Old 07-19-2019, 06:12 AM

Mein Auto: 02 325xi
ZF6 probs

Ok lemme start from the beginning, I got this car with unknown history non running.... put a fresh batt in, registered batt, cleared all codes, take it for a ride and its got a 3-4 flare ... it was giving an E clutch ratio code, flushed tranny, changed bridge seal, still doing the same thing.....so I then ordered a reman valvebody, based on what i read here and what tranny shop told me that it was DEFF the issue causing the 3-4 flare...... put the new VB in and filled it with fluid as per the zf procedure......for the first few min while filling it would not go into gear keeps going back into neutral then started shifting as it should on the lift......take the car for a ride 1-2 ok 2-3 ok 3-4 flare then failsafe again ......restart car start driving again , few blocks down the road it threw a 507C code for 507C Parking lock Put In, Defective
While car was still slowly rolling as i was about to stop i heard the park pin chattering and after stopped car would not come out of park...... towed back to the shop... now what??? I dropped the VB again I am sending it back for a replacement .... should I try it again or is there probs deeper in this unit with the E clutch pack?? I duno if I should try the new VB or just drop it all while waiting on the replacement and rebuilt the whole unit in the mean time.... full rebuild kits arent that expensive... car has 109k on it but i dont know how long previous owner drove it with the bad VB and how they drove it..right now I am currently using a snap on modis but I know that dont get as deep as I need to I will be setting up a PC with INPA very soon hopefully before VB comes back

current trans codes now after last episode are
51B0
507C

I can see most of the clutch packs in there which all look fine...... are any hidden I cant see ??

Any help and insight is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Last edited by mike11; 07-19-2019 at 06:18 AM.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series & 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Today's Posts Search