SMG trans normal around town driving? - Page 2 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M5 & M6 > E60 M5 (2006 - 2010)

E60 M5 (2006 - 2010)

Old 05-06-2017, 07:23 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 X5 50i, 2010 M6
I am late to this post, however, I agree with many points made her over the years. I just purchased a 2010 M6 Convertible with 38k on it. The shifting was a initially hard to get used to and I found myself seeking insight from bimmerfest (which is why I'm on this thread). I stay in D3 and P400 most of the time and kick it to P500 when I'm ready to let her rip. I agree that letting my foot ease up a hair over 3000 rpm, induces a shift. It is subtle, but makes the drive enjoyable when going on short day trips or daily drive use. I've quickly grown to love this beast!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2017, 11:35 PM

Mein Auto: Car X
After using my 2010 E60 M5 as a daily driver for several years, I'll update my post from back in this thread.

If you really want an "auto"mode, follow my prior advice - it's still spot on.

For myself, I've come to realize that the SMG is truly a Manual transmission - and simply shift it myself. All the time.

Now the car truly shines - it does what I tell it, when I want it, not what the computer wants.

It takes a few days to get the habit going, then you stop thinking about it, it becomes second nature, and your love of your M5 will increase dramatically.

Shift it yourself, love the ride!

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M5 & M6 > E60 M5 (2006 - 2010)
Today's Posts Search