BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

First time BMW owner!

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  dooferorg 
#1 ·
Super pumped to enter the world of the Ultimate Driving Experience. Family man with wife and 2 daughters. Just traded my 2001 Civic for a White 2013 X1 SDrive 28i, and love it. Did I have to make a few concessions to get in the game? Yes. I've bought in at 78,000 mi, out of warranty land and into a car's middle age, but I got it for under $13,000 base price and soo don't care. Started a savings account already for repairs when needed, and have a short commute to work in KC.

Car was a fleet vehicle and then 1 owner, clean carfax and appears to be very well cared for. I instantly fell in love with the drive train -- it is truly apparent that BMW designs the motor and drivetrain first.

BMW Professional Sound System.. check. From what I've read there are 8" subs under the front seats, and it sounds like it.

So far only one issue, the seatbelt lite occassionally triggers.

More soon!

Nick in KC. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bmw Bmw x1

Sent from my Pixel XL using Bimmerfest mobile app

See less See more
#5 ·
Welcome to the club! My X1 is my third BMW and I've really enjoyed it. I'm a big guy, so there's not a lot of room in the back seat behind me. So I think of my X1 as a coupe / hatchback with enough ground clearance to get me to the trailheads. In other words, this vehicle is perfect for me!

-James
Seattle, WA

2014 BMW X1 xDrive35i, SportLine, Loaded:

#8 ·
Super pumped to enter the world of the Ultimate Driving Experience. Family man with wife and 2 daughters. Just traded my 2001 Civic for a White 2013 X1 SDrive 28i, and love it. Did I have to make a few concessions to get in the game? Yes. I've bought in at 78,000 mi, out of warranty land and into a car's middle age, but I got it for under $13,000 base price and soo don't care. Started a savings account already for repairs when needed, and have a short commute to work in KC.

Car was a fleet vehicle and then 1 owner, clean carfax and appears to be very well cared for. I instantly fell in love with the drive train -- it is truly apparent that BMW designs the motor and drivetrain first.

BMW Professional Sound System.. check. From what I've read there are 8" subs under the front seats, and it sounds like it.

So far only one issue, the seatbelt lite occassionally triggers.

More soon!

Nick in KC. View attachment 842569

Sent from my Pixel XL using Bimmerfest mobile app
Nice, man :) .. Just got a 2013 X1 xDrive 28i myself within this last week. First time BMW owner as well. I'm finding it pretty nice with the rain sensing wipers that's on this one.

+1 for savings account and none of that 'extended warranty' stuff they try and pull when you buy a car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.