BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
37K views 91 replies 42 participants last post by  screenshot 
#1 · (Edited)
2014 BMW 4 Series Coupe Exposed

It's been a while since we last spied the 2014 4 Series (F32) Coupe, but here it is, in production form and nearly fully uncovered! What we see is a sleek sports coupe version of the F30 sedan which resembles a smaller 6 Series. This particular 4 Series coupe was captured in Munich/Germany while being loaded to be transported to an internal presentation.

Compared to the current E92 3 Series coupe, the F32 features a sleeker roofline with a more fastback shaped tail end (though not nearly as dramatic as something like the Audi A7). The rear quarter windows have been elongated and end beautifully a more angular and sleeker Hofmeister knik.

The most prominent styling embellishment visible so far is the front quarter panel vent, which not only adds a sporty visual flair, but also appears to be an actual functional vent. The F32 shares the same side mirrors as the F30.

BMW F32 4 series coupe front quarter panel vent

This is a 435i (or 440i), as given away by the exhaust system, Sport Line model and the visible parts of the front bumper show differences from the F30 Sport Line front bumper. There is a more prominent center U shaped trim piece which dips down from the inside of the air vents and forms a prominent lip below the license plate area. It also looks to be either black or carbon fiber.

As for the kidney grilles, we have already seen what shape the F32's kidney grilles will take on previous spy photos. They will be wider and sleeker shaped compared to the F30 sedan. The headlights are expected to be a sleeker version of the F30 headlights, and also connecting with the grilles, as on the F30.

This car wears 19" M Sport Wheels and runs 225 tires up front with 255 rear tires. The F32 435i/440i's brakes match that of the F30 335i - fixed M Sport calipers in front (4 piston) and floating rear calipers (1 piston).

The 428i Coupe and Convertible will be powered by the same 2.0L twin turbo inline 4 as the F30, but the 435i (or 440i) may very well usher in the successor to the current N55 twin turbo inline 6 engine. Both engines will be available with either a manual transmission or 8-speed automatic, and both should also be available with xDrive.

The F32 4 Series Coupe will begin production in spring 2013 and the F33 Convertible's production will follow later in 2013. A concept 4 Series is reportedly headed for the 2013 Detroit Auto Show in January.

Do you like it better then the E92 3 Series Coupe? Vote in our poll

E92 3 series coupe styling verses F32 4 series coupe styling

2013 F32 4 Series Coupe Picture Gallery
2014 4 series

2014 4 series

2014 4 series

2014 4 series

2014 4 series

2014 4 series

2014 4 series

2014 4 series

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.