Coding question for you coding experts - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 E84 (2011 - 2015)

X1 E84 (2011 - 2015)
First generation BMW X1 availbe as a X1 28i with either sDrive (RWD) or xDrive (AWD) or the US exclusive I6 N55 powered X1 35i xDrive.

Old 10-09-2014, 12:34 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 X1 2.8i X Drive
Coding question for you coding experts

So, all four of my previous BMWs had bluetooth. But I have never had NAV or Tech packages. And in each of those cars, I could hit the little "talk" button on the steering wheel and speak a number to be dialed or store a name and number to be dialed at a later date. On my newest BMW, a 2015 X1, that feature does not work. I finally got ahold of someone from the BMW Genius number and they told me that that feature was disabled after the 2013 model year unless you have the tech package. So...I guess the window sticker is not accurate when it lists "Hands Free bluetooth" as an option. It should now be called "Hands Full bluetooth" as I must now pull my phone out of my pocket and manually dial a number or fiddle with the car radio to dial a number.

So...my question to all you coding experts is this.......Has the actual hardware of the car changed from my 2013 to my 2015 X1 or has the feature simply been turned off. And, if so, could it be switched back on by a savy coding expert?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2014, 02:04 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW 528i X-Drive
Coding question for you coding experts

We have the tech package but hopefully you will be able to add this via coding..

I know that for cars without streaming Bluetooth, actual hardware needs to be modified if some plans to enable that function..

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Last edited by vbmx; 10-11-2014 at 06:55 PM.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 E84 (2011 - 2015)
Today's Posts Search