2020 Countryman Navigation/iPhone - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > The MINI Board

The MINI Board
The Mini Cooper Forum

Old 05-10-2020, 06:19 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto:
2020 Countryman Navigation/iPhone

My wife has a new 2020 Countryman and when she uses the navigation system built into the car and gets close to her destination she gets a message on her iPhone saying that she's "----" miles from her destination.

My question is WHY are messages of any kind appearing on her iPhone from the Nav system? Her iPhone is NOT being used, no car play or Google maps are being accessed, ONLY the car's navigation is being used. Is there a setting on the phone that needs to be changed? Is she doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for the help.

(btw does Mini have a phone number for a Mini "Genius" help service like BMW does?)

Thanks

Last edited by Rob175; 05-10-2020 at 06:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2020, 05:33 AM
'Fest Sponsor

Mein Auto: 2017 M3
BMW/MINI Navigation is linked to the BMW/MINI Connected app on the iPhone.

In the BMW, you can set a destination in the app and sent it to the Nav in the car. In your particular situation, it appears that setting a destination in the Nav sends it to the app as well -thus the app saying "----" miles to destination. This does not happen in the BMW.

Check the app settings for anything enabled to allow this. If there is no MINI Connected app on your iPhone then check if Google or Apple Maps are activated when your OEM Nav is set -it should not be but perhaps this is an iPhone glitch via Bluetooth. There are online features in the BMW Nav not activated for the USA that could randomly activate in the background without notice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob175 View Post
My wife has a new 2020 Countryman and when she uses the navigation system built into the car and gets close to her destination she gets a message on her iPhone saying that she's "----" miles from her destination.

My question is WHY are messages of any kind appearing on her iPhone from the Nav system? Her iPhone is NOT being used, no car play or Google maps are being accessed, ONLY the car's navigation is being used. Is there a setting on the phone that needs to be changed? Is she doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for the help.

(btw does Mini have a phone number for a Mini "Genius" help service like BMW does?)

Thanks
Old 05-17-2020, 08:50 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto:
Thanks for the reply and suggestions. We just removed the maps program as you suggested (not the Google Maps apps, just the maps app that came with the iPhone) and that seems to have solved the issue.

There still are a couple of other issues she's having but they might have to wait until the dealership hires back their "mini genius".....lol. Like turning the cars electronics off when the driver shuts the car off, opens the drivers door BUT.. a passenger remains in the car without opening their door....... everything stays on (radio, maps etc). In my BMW X3 I can press the volume button and shut everything off.... but not so in the Mini.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2020, 09:23 AM
'Fest Sponsor

Mein Auto: 2017 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob175 View Post
Thanks for the reply and suggestions. We just removed the maps program as you suggested (not the Google Maps apps, just the maps app that came with the iPhone) and that seems to have solved the issue.

There still are a couple of other issues she's having but they might have to wait until the dealership hires back their "mini genius".....lol. Like turning the cars electronics off when the driver shuts the car off, opens the drivers door BUT.. a passenger remains in the car without opening their door....... everything stays on (radio, maps etc). In my BMW X3 I can press the volume button and shut everything off.... but not so in the Mini.
The idea of having the radio on until door is opened after shutting engine off is to keep any phone call or radio audio active until driver decides to exit car.

Either press and hold, or double press Start/Stop button will shut everything off at once.
Old 06-11-2020, 07:11 PM

Mein Auto: BMW Mini
It should be that your mobile phone and car are logged into the map application, but it should not be saved before binding.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > The MINI Board
Today's Posts Search