BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

How long does BMW Financial take to deliver the title after payoff?

24K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  rounderman 
#1 ·
Hey all,

I tried searching the forums for a similar situation with no results; I suppose Ask-A-Dealer would be the most correct forum to ask this.

Through a private party sale, I managed to sell my 09 BMW 328i and the buyer is patiently waiting for me to get the title so we can sign it over to him. (He left a $1k non-refundable cash deposit with me to lock this in).

Yesterday, May 2nd, I made out a cashier's check to FSRI and over-nighted it to their address in Westerville, OH. Through a USPS notification, they had received it earlier today May 3rd, at noon.

How long does it normally take (from anyone's personal experiences or from a dealer's experience) to get the title from them (FSRI, Inc.) in the mail? I did choose the $15 option to have the title over-nighted to me.

Any shared time frame, thoughts, or ETA date is appreciated! I hope to get this title in by next week.

#2 ·
15 days

#4 ·
I guess I didn't read all the details. The timing depends on how you pay. Regular check is 15 days but I would assume within a week with certified funds and the overnight fee.

#6 ·
Hey all,

I tried searching the forums for a similar situation with no results; I suppose Ask-A-Dealer would be the most correct forum to ask this.

Through a private party sale, I managed to sell my 09 BMW 328i and the buyer is patiently waiting for me to get the title so we can sign it over to him. (He left a $1k non-refundable cash deposit with me to lock this in).

Yesterday, May 2nd, I made out a cashier's check to FSRI and over-nighted it to their address in Westerville, OH. Through a USPS notification, they had received it earlier today May 3rd, at noon.

How long does it normally take (from anyone's personal experiences or from a dealer's experience) to get the title from them (FSRI, Inc.) in the mail? I did choose the $15 option to have the title over-nighted to me.

Any shared time frame, thoughts, or ETA date is appreciated! I hope to get this title in by next week.
Next time... use FedEx and send it to the Hilliard address.. (trust me, it's faster)

#7 ·
Where would you find the information for that specific address?

On the payoff documents, it only gave that Westerville address for overnights and Columbus for standard mail.

I have a business account with FedEx and checked their First Overnight and it guarantees delivery two hours earlier than USPS Express for $50 more.

#11 ·
Good deal!

#12 ·
In the past with dealing with BMW Financial for a payoff, my checks (my certified check + my lender bank check) arrived on Thursday from fedex overnight. They did not confirm until mid may monday that the car was paid off. Then they held it for 15 days because they didn't feel that my lender's check (Bank of America) was certified funds. They mailed the title overnight after day 15, and I received it the following day.

#17 ·
I got mine within a couple of weeks, opted for Fed Ex return. No issue on them cashing the check or any aspect of the process. I would suggest a phone call. BTW I used a certified check, if you just sent a regular check it adds to the process I would suspect 10 business days at least. The instructions are pretty clear on the extra time. i also sent the check by Fed Ex. This was too big a purchase to not have excellent records of the process

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.