2012 328 black modern, take over my remaining 19 month lease for only $275 a month - Page 3 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums



Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation BMW 3 Series Sedan F30/F31/F34 and the first first generation 4 Series Coupe F32/F33/F36. Get the latest 3 and 4 series pricing from our ordering and pricing guide sticky thread.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 05-03-2013, 04:11 PM
PK2348 PK2348 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Brooklyn NY
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,098
Mein Auto: 2018 340 xdrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper7821 View Post
I think because everyone think I have a screw loose because to save a few grand I'll lower my standards to drive a non luxury FORD instead of a luxury BMW.
Makes total sense but I just want something different and I'm all over the electric car idea right now.
Who knows, if my car sells and I get the Focus maybe 6 months down the road I'll kick myself in the butt for making that decision but isn't that what life is all about.
can you rent one for a week, to drive everyday to work and back, just to make sure
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #52  
Old 05-03-2013, 04:11 PM
jasper7821 jasper7821 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Arizona
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 110
Mein Auto: Z4
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK2348 View Post
Have you tried trading in bmw directly to ford dealer, since you have equity in the lease, maybe you can get that 6K you looking for as a credit towards ford lease? Unless depreciation already ate all of it.
Yup, depreciation ate it all. I'd only get close to $4k trading it in.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 05-03-2013, 04:13 PM
Pappy Pipes's Avatar
Pappy Pipes Pappy Pipes is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: So Cal
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,043
Mein Auto: 540i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper7821 View Post
in my opinion the modern is way harsher, looser, clunkier.
When I drove the sport it handled the ruts and potholes in the road really good and the suspension felt really firm and smooth at the same time.
I would have been a lot happier if I had gotten the Sport instead of the modern.
Wouldn't have bought F30 in any line but the M Sport. Supportive comfortable seats, M Sport steering wheel, sporty suspension, finer handling, aerodynamic facia, Estoril Blue color, and aesthetic interior details sold me on car. Test drove every line and M Sport was all that interested me.
__________________

2019 540i M Sport: Carbon Black Metallic/Napa Ivory MC - ZMP, ZP2, ZPK, ZPX, ZDB, 2NH, 456, 2VH, 4M5, 4U1, 688
2013 328i M Sport: Estoril Blue - Premium, Tech, Lighting, HK Audio, PDC/Backup Cam, HUD, M Sport Wheel, Heated Leather Sport Seats, Unbadged
BMWCCA: 545538 (Cars aren't assets, they are consumables)
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 05-03-2013, 04:16 PM
PK2348 PK2348 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Brooklyn NY
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,098
Mein Auto: 2018 340 xdrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper7821 View Post
I think my numbers are now concrete and pretty accurate so over the 19 months I'll be saving almost $5k so I'm hoping that it now is making more sense to people that I sat down and did the math and listed it so you can see the actual savings.
as i said, bulk of savings state fees 1k
gas vs electricity 3k.

seems like for you it makes sense since you have free electric
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 05-03-2013, 04:18 PM
jasper7821 jasper7821 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Arizona
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 110
Mein Auto: Z4
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK2348 View Post
can you rent one for a week, to drive everyday to work and back, just to make sure
Unfortunately not. BUT the rated miles are 75 and on the focus forums people are getting better then that. And the climate I'm in I should be able to get at least the rated amount.
So if needed I think I could make it round trip. Bur why not charge at work since it's free.
Although I'd be using 110 but still, charging for 9hrs will get me back to full charge since I'd only use less then half to get to work.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 05-03-2013, 04:20 PM
jasper7821 jasper7821 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Arizona
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 110
Mein Auto: Z4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Pipes View Post
Wouldn't have bought F30 in any line but the M Sport. Supportive comfortable seats, M Sport steering wheel, sporty suspension, finer handling, aerodynamic facia, Estoril Blue color, and aesthetic interior details sold me on car. Test drove every line and M Sport was all that interested me.
I agree 100%, my old 530 was an M Sport and I loved the electric seat bolsters and the fat steering wheel. Oh Well, live and learn.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 05-03-2013, 04:21 PM
jasper7821 jasper7821 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Arizona
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 110
Mein Auto: Z4
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK2348 View Post
as i said, bulk of savings state fees 1k
gas vs electricity 3k.

seems like for you it makes sense since you have free electric
THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH, that's all I needed
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 05-03-2013, 05:04 PM
IAS IAS is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: MI
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 417
Mein Auto: 2018 430Xi
The facts will not change his mind, if that what he wants than that how it will be, every one try to rationalize their decision, it might look odd to all of us but it will not make any difference to him, in all the numbers and fact presented in this thread one important thing is the desire factor, for op desire is more for EV than bmw, he has rationalized every negative of doing this deal to his desire (that is absolutely ok). In the end if he is happy that what counts. He has investigated about all the negatives of EV and is ok with it, it is well informed decision.
__________________
2018 430 XDrive GC Premium and Executive Package
2017 GTI SE with Lighting package
2015 CC Sport
F30 GT 2014
F30 2014
X3 2013
E90 2011
E90 2007
E46 2005

Last edited by IAS; 05-03-2013 at 05:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 05-03-2013, 06:30 PM
rajgupta rajgupta is offline
Registered User
Location: Los Angles
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1
Mein Auto: 328i Convertible SULEV
Never Never Never Buy BMW

I just returned my 2010 BMW 328i Convertible. There is not a single scratch on the Car. I drove just 7000 Miles, and most of the time its been sitting in the Garage. They send me bill of $1253. Stating Interior Damages, and Exterior Damages and Mechanical Problem.

This is the second BMW i bought, and asked my GF to buy too, I was gonna buy it again. but now i promise i will never buy BMW again, nor i will let anyone buy, where i can influence.
If there would be any issue on the car, i understand i should pay, but without a reason. its a full fraud.

Company is going down, they can't provide service. I think anything is better than BMW. I used to promote them, but now will de-promote them.

They are full of cheat, and i don't think, its fair to consumers. I spoke to some people, they stated, BMW is trying to meet their target revenue, thats why they are doing it.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 05-03-2013, 06:41 PM
PK2348 PK2348 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Brooklyn NY
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,098
Mein Auto: 2018 340 xdrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajgupta View Post
I just returned my 2010 BMW 328i Convertible. There is not a single scratch on the Car. I drove just 7000 Miles, and most of the time its been sitting in the Garage. They send me bill of $1253. Stating Interior Damages, and Exterior Damages and Mechanical Problem.

This is the second BMW i bought, and asked my GF to buy too, I was gonna buy it again. but now i promise i will never buy BMW again, nor i will let anyone buy, where i can influence.
If there would be any issue on the car, i understand i should pay, but without a reason. its a full fraud.

Company is going down, they can't provide service. I think anything is better than BMW. I used to promote them, but now will de-promote them.

They are full of cheat, and i don't think, its fair to consumers. I spoke to some people, they stated, BMW is trying to meet their target revenue, thats why they are doing it.
seriously, that is right on topic
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 05-03-2013, 07:45 PM
jasper7821 jasper7821 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Arizona
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 110
Mein Auto: Z4
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAS View Post
The facts will not change his mind, if that what he wants than that how it will be, every one try to rationalize their decision, it might look odd to all of us but it will not make any difference to him, in all the numbers and fact presented in this thread one important thing is the desire factor, for op desire is more for EV than bmw, he has rationalized every negative of doing this deal to his desire (that is absolutely ok). In the end if he is happy that what counts. He has investigated about all the negatives of EV and is ok with it, it is well informed decision.
Well said. Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 05-03-2013, 10:34 PM
ZoomVT ZoomVT is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Rye, NY
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 984
Mein Auto: 16' F10 | 535i xDrive
Re: 2012 328 black modern, take over my remaining 19 month lease for only $342 a mont

You should either move or repost this in the classifieds section of the forum. If you are a cca member you can post it online and in roundel.

Personally I don't think its that great of a deal. Buying the extra miles puts this at about 420 a month. No you can't get that right now but you can get close and you get to order your own car with what you want and drive it from 0 miles. However it could be good for a short commitment lease.

I also don't get the op choices but not my business. If I was going to go ev, its Tesla right now and that's not in the right price range yet.

Good luck moving this car.

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Bimmer
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 05-04-2013, 06:08 AM
IAS IAS is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: MI
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 417
Mein Auto: 2018 430Xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajgupta View Post
I just returned my 2010 BMW 328i Convertible. There is not a single scratch on the Car. I drove just 7000 Miles, and most of the time its been sitting in the Garage. They send me bill of $1253. Stating Interior Damages, and Exterior Damages and Mechanical Problem.

This is the second BMW i bought, and asked my GF to buy too, I was gonna buy it again. but now i promise i will never buy BMW again, nor i will let anyone buy, where i can influence.
If there would be any issue on the car, i understand i should pay, but without a reason. its a full fraud.

Company is going down, they can't provide service. I think anything is better than BMW. I used to promote them, but now will de-promote them.

They are full of cheat, and i don't think, its fair to consumers. I spoke to some people, they stated, BMW is trying to meet their target revenue, thats why they are doing it.
I am surprised you know after returning the vehicle, the pre return inspection will exactly tell you the cost of damages, if you are buying another one then they waive it if it is not too much of expense, this process is very transparent , obviously it is open to inspector how he want to interprets it, some companies send an inspector or you could go to dealer. My experience was that one dealer asked me around $200 for scratches and ding outside but when I went to other dealer he did not charged me anything because he want to sell his car. People will always be pissed off for these charges because you are returning vehicle. Trust me no manufacturer wants to make money like you suggested BMW is doing to make profit, one of my buddy is pissed of with Chevy because they charged him $1200 for seat damage ( food spill) they said they have to replace whole seat. He is not buying Chevy again but really it was his fault.
Bmw dealers are no different if you buy or lease at return some of damage charges will go away, otherwise you have to pay, when I was returning my car I had made up mind to pay for dings and scratches.
__________________
2018 430 XDrive GC Premium and Executive Package
2017 GTI SE with Lighting package
2015 CC Sport
F30 GT 2014
F30 2014
X3 2013
E90 2011
E90 2007
E46 2005
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 05-04-2013, 06:25 AM
dtc100 dtc100 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Norcal
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,694
Mein Auto: 2011 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper7821 View Post
I think my numbers are now concrete and pretty accurate so over the 19 months I'll be saving almost $5k so I'm hoping that it now is making more sense to people that I sat down and did the math and listed it so you can see the actual savings.
I thought earlier you said saving of only $700, what changed the saving?

Of course you are driven by impulse, numbers should not matter that much.

Last edited by dtc100; 05-04-2013 at 06:30 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 05-04-2013, 06:58 AM
krash's Avatar
krash krash is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: PA
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,073
Mein Auto: 2016 ///M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper7821 View Post
Actually, the ride is smoother in the Focus. The roads here are terrible and to me the Focus feels a lot smoother. That's comparing it to my car which is the Modern trim. I drove the Sport version and that is far better smooth riding over the modern.
Sport smoother than Modern? I think you need to compare them again. It's the exact opposite.
__________________

2016 ///M3: YMB, Executive, Adaptive, DCT
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 05-04-2013, 06:17 PM
cblandin cblandin is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Dallas
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 138
Mein Auto: Traded M5 for Volt!?!?
I'm right there with you Jasper...sold my E39 M5 with 69k miles on it last Summer to buy a Chevy Volt - no regrets. i just eclipsed 10k miles and have used 40 gallons of gas...about 250mpg. The electric driving experience is COMPELLING! In all honesty, I would pick the Volt over the FFE. It is electric all the time, but once the charge runs out it uses the gas engine as a generator (unlike the Energi twins or other plug-in hybrids). It was not about "saving gas" for me, but that has undoubtedly been crazy nice. it all started with a test drive... http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread....&highlight=bmw
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 05-04-2013, 06:53 PM
jasper7821 jasper7821 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Arizona
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 110
Mein Auto: Z4
Ya, I looked at the Volt and also get GMS employee pricing BUT it still came out to $500 a month with zero down. Far more than the $300 out the door with zero down on the electric Focus.
I test drove the car to work and back today with the cruise control at 75 and A/C on and it was just over 100 degrees outside today.
The Focus made it there and back with enough miles left to spare that I had no range anxiety at all.

I lowered the price to $275 a month which is $5,225 and I have a few buyers already. I know I need my head examined because I'm getting rid of a $47k car to someone for only $275 a month but whatever. I want what I want and i want an electric car.
With all the savings I listed before if someone bought my car for $6,500 will still work out better for me even at the $5,225 price.

Last edited by jasper7821; 05-04-2013 at 09:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 05-04-2013, 06:58 PM
jasper7821 jasper7821 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Arizona
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 110
Mein Auto: Z4
I also got the Focus down to $273 out the door a month with zero down instead of $300 so that $972 makes up some from lowering my sale price on the BMW to $275 a month from $342.
I'm happy, and in the end that's all that matters.

Last edited by jasper7821; 05-04-2013 at 06:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 05-04-2013, 09:34 PM
hollandog hollandog is offline
Registered User
Location: nyc
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 93
Mein Auto: F30
good luck to you.

i would take it if im in the market for another car and live closer.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 05-04-2013, 09:54 PM
jasper7821 jasper7821 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Arizona
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 110
Mein Auto: Z4
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollandog View Post
good luck to you.

i would take it if im in the market for another car and live closer.
Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 05-05-2013, 05:59 AM
cblandin cblandin is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Dallas
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 138
Mein Auto: Traded M5 for Volt!?!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper7821 View Post
Ya, I looked at the Volt and also get GMS employee pricing BUT it still came out to $500 a month with zero down. Far more than the $300 out the door with zero down on the electric Focus.
I test drove the car to work and back today with the cruise control at 75 and A/C on and it was just over 100 degrees outside today.
The Focus made it there and back with enough miles left to spare that I had no range anxiety at all.

I lowered the price to $275 a month which is $5,225 and I have a few buyers already. I know I need my head examined because I'm getting rid of a $47k car to someone for only $275 a month but whatever. I want what I want and i want an electric car.
With all the savings I listed before if someone bought my car for $6,500 will still work out better for me even at the $5,225 price.
GM offered awesome lease deals on Volts last Summer (when I leased mine), and I have a feeling they will be doing so again soon. Now that Nissan has dropped the price of the (hideous) Leaf, Volt sales are suffering in comparison and inventory is suddenly bulging. Several guys on the Volt forum have a Leaf and a Volt. One guy routinely points out how unexpected events can suddenly present as range anxiety. Heck, my commute is 38 miles which I can do entirely on battery. However, recently we had some changes and for a couple of months both my wife and I were driving 80+ miles a day...a pure electric gets very dicey suddenly. The Volt is still the best of both worlds. The leases last year were sub $300 at one point.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 05-05-2013, 08:39 AM
jasper7821 jasper7821 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Arizona
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 110
Mein Auto: Z4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cblandin View Post
GM offered awesome lease deals on Volts last Summer (when I leased mine), and I have a feeling they will be doing so again soon. Now that Nissan has dropped the price of the (hideous) Leaf, Volt sales are suffering in comparison and inventory is suddenly bulging. Several guys on the Volt forum have a Leaf and a Volt. One guy routinely points out how unexpected events can suddenly present as range anxiety. Heck, my commute is 38 miles which I can do entirely on battery. However, recently we had some changes and for a couple of months both my wife and I were driving 80+ miles a day...a pure electric gets very dicey suddenly. The Volt is still the best of both worlds. The leases last year were sub $300 at one point.
Cool, thanks.
What was your deal? Monthly, down, miles, residual?
I couldn't believe that even having GMS employee discount it was still $500 a month.
I guess with the Ford having $11,750 rebate on a lease is why $300 monthly and zero down out the door is so good.
Also, a nice thing about the Focus is the license and registration is only $28 a year as for the Volt doesn't qualify as a alternative fuel vehicle and the tags every year on a 3yr lease average about $500a year.

Last edited by jasper7821; 05-05-2013 at 08:56 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 05-05-2013, 07:23 PM
cblandin cblandin is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Dallas
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 138
Mein Auto: Traded M5 for Volt!?!?
My 3 year lease is about $420/mo - $0 down, 12K miles/yr. Sticker on the Volt was $45 I think, Got a few grand off of that price. Texas (where I am ) leasing has one big drawback - you have to pay ALL of the sales tax (based on full "purchase" price)! Many other states only require you pay the tax on what you pay over the life of the lease.

I think they just announced $269/mo with $2399 down:

http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread....rs!-Ally-Bank!

Honestly, I would not be surprised to see it go even lower.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 05-05-2013, 07:56 PM
tturedraider's Avatar
tturedraider tturedraider is offline
Freedom isn't free!!
Location: Chicago, Edgewater (via Tennessee & Texas)
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 19,741
Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cblandin View Post
My 3 year lease is about $420/mo - $0 down, 12K miles/yr. Sticker on the Volt was $45 I think, Got a few grand off of that price. Texas (where I am ) leasing has one big drawback - you have to pay ALL of the sales tax (based on full "purchase" price)! Many other states only require you pay the tax on what you pay over the life of the lease.

I think they just announced $269/mo with $2399 down:

http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread....rs!-Ally-Bank!

Honestly, I would not be surprised to see it go even lower.
That's really impressive. I drove a Volt several years ago at a GM driving event. It was pretty fun to drive and drove quite well.
__________________

Present - '06 E90 330i sport; Past - '04 E46 ZHP, '00 E46 328i
www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 05-05-2013, 09:55 PM
jasper7821 jasper7821 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Arizona
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 110
Mein Auto: Z4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cblandin View Post
My 3 year lease is about $420/mo - $0 down, 12K miles/yr. Sticker on the Volt was $45 I think, Got a few grand off of that price. Texas (where I am ) leasing has one big drawback - you have to pay ALL of the sales tax (based on full "purchase" price)! Many other states only require you pay the tax on what you pay over the life of the lease.

I think they just announced $269/mo with $2399 down:

http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread....rs!-Ally-Bank!

Honestly, I would not be surprised to see it go even lower.
Thanks for the info. I got the Focus quoted at $273.61 for 36 months and zero down so I think that's a pretty good deal
Reply With Quote
Reply

See More Related BMW Stories

Tags
328, black, bmw, cheap, f30, lease, nav, sale, sapphire


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
© 2001- VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.