2006 650 i bmw - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > E63 / E64 6 Series (2004 - 2010)

E63 / E64 6 Series (2004 - 2010)
The E63/E64 BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 07-12-2019, 01:17 PM

Mein Auto:
2006 650 i bmw

Hi . i bought a 2006 650 i bmw from a friend real cheap and it had a problem in back passenger side with the wheel .it needed a strut , assembly hub and bearings . so mechanic put theses parts on car . so when i get in car to test drive what he fixed , the wouldnt start and i got elv blocked message on it . we tried reseting messages and such .but its not solving the problem . i had a locksmith come and check to see if he could clear it and reset everything .he did and the steering wheel problem is still there . he told me that i need a new. Steering wheel coloum modular . at the same not in the trunk fuse panel ... I had someone test the fuses and there is no power going to 4 fuses i think to be 85-89 .i tried to download something on the wiring and explanation chart of what fuses do what ...but have had no luck .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2019, 06:30 PM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: 05 645Ci, 14 750 M-Sport
You will need someone with ISTA D to connect with the car, & clear all of the codes. The theft system sounds like it has been activated, & will not allow the car to crank. You will need to find a local BMW shop that has the needed software, or take the car to the dealer to fix your problem.
Old 07-12-2019, 06:45 PM
Super Moderator

It sounds like you purchased a car that hit something very hard on that side. There is also a fuse-able link on the negative battery cable to kill power to the fuel pump on a hard impact.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2019, 06:51 PM
Super Moderator

61 12 ...Information on intelligent battery sensor (IBS)

Notice! Do not connect the charger to the 12 V charging socket

The 12 V charging socket is supplied with voltage by the rear power distribution box via relay. This relay drops out after terminal 15 OFF. This means that a trickle charger connected at the 12 V charging socket will be disconnected from the battery. Only charge the battery via the jump start terminal point. Only then can the voltage supply be registered by the vehicle.

Warning! Danger of destruction in event of mechanical strain

- Do not introduce any additional connections at the battery negative terminal.

- Do not modify the grounding cable. The ground cable also serves heat dissipation.

- Do not establish any connection between the IBS and the sensor screw.

- Do not use force when disconnecting the pole shoe from the battery terminal:

Do not pull on the ground cable.

Do not place any tools under the IBS to lever off the pole shoe.

- Do not use IBS connections as levers.

- Use a torque wrench and set tightening torque in accordance with repair instructions.

- Do not release or tighten down sensor screw (Torx screw).

- Avoid contact between IBS and ground.

Warning! Danger of destruction to IBS and wiring upon battery replacement

- The IBS and wiring can be destroyed by mechanical strain upon battery replacement. Therefore avoid mechanical strain.

- The size (capacity) of the battery required for the car is coded in the Car Access System (CAS).

- Use the battery size (capacity) installed as standard upon battery replacement.

- Recode the Car Access System (CAS) when installing a battery with a different capacity.

- Register battery replacement via Service functions in diagnosis system.

- Delete fault code entries in the Digital Engine Electronics (DME) associated with battery replacement.

- Always proceed in accordance with the repair instructions.

Note: Battery draining possible in spite of the intelligent battery sensor IBS being fault-free.

- A battery can be drained (e.g. with lights or radio switched on) even when the IBS functions perfectly in conjunction with power management.

- For this reason, only exchange the IBS when there is a corresponding fault code entry!
Old 07-12-2019, 07:05 PM
Super Moderator

Try the link below for the online service manual, sounds like you might need it.

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > E63 / E64 6 Series (2004 - 2010)
Today's Posts Search