Fuel door issue on 330e - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums



Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation BMW 3 Series Sedan F30/F31/F34 and the first first generation 4 Series Coupe F32/F33/F36. Get the latest 3 and 4 series pricing from our ordering and pricing guide sticky thread.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-02-2019, 03:53 AM
Kristianl Kristianl is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 12
Mein Auto:
Fuel door issue on 330e

Hi
I have a problem with the fuel door/latch on my 330e, mainly when its very low on fuel.
Its pressurized so i have to open with a botton but I get an error message when its very low and cant open the latch. I have to pull the wire from inside the trunk.

It always works with quarter full tank.

Anyone else have this issue?
Or a fix.

Bmw said its not uncommon and basickly advised me to live with it.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 07-02-2019, 11:31 AM
John MS John MS is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Virginia, USA
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,604
Mein Auto: 2014 Glacier Silver 328i
Keep the tank filled 1/4 or more.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-02-2019, 01:08 PM
SteveinArizona SteveinArizona is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Greater Phoenix
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 1,229
Mein Auto: BMW 530e
I never had that problem on my former 330e nor on my current 530e. However, I try not to let it get below 1/4 tank because I don't want to be drawing up only old gasoline. It does sound like BS as one would think that this would be in the manual if all the phevs needed to be at least 1/4 full.

I sense here a template for BMW service techs...if they can't identify and fix the problem, then just say they all do it and its normal.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old 07-03-2019, 12:01 AM
Kristianl Kristianl is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 12
Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
I never had that problem on my former 330e nor on my current 530e. However, I try not to let it get below 1/4 tank because I don't want to be drawing up only old gasoline. It does sound like BS as one would think that this would be in the manual if all the phevs needed to be at least 1/4 full.


I sense here a template for BMW service techs...if they can't identify and fix the problem, then just say they all do it and its normal.
Yeah, that makes sense.
It wasnt that bmw didnt want to fix the fault, they just said it was not worth the cost... So, i guess i will get used to not running it below 1/4.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-03-2019, 07:45 AM
PK2348 PK2348 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Brooklyn NY
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,043
Mein Auto: 2018 340 xdrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristianl View Post
Yeah, that makes sense.
It wasnt that bmw didnt want to fix the fault, they just said it was not worth the cost... So, i guess i will get used to not running it below 1/4.
i would be bringing this car in for service everytime this happens and requesting a loaner.
Did they really say that? Not worth the cost to whom? Them or you?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-03-2019, 08:21 AM
Kristianl Kristianl is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 12
Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK2348 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristianl View Post
Yeah, that makes sense.
It wasnt that bmw didnt want to fix the fault, they just said it was not worth the cost... So, i guess i will get used to not running it below 1/4.
i would be bringing this car in for service everytime this happens and requesting a loaner.
Did they really say that? Not worth the cost to whom? Them or you?
Me. I only have a standard service agreement and its out of warranty.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-06-2019, 08:06 PM
TheAirman TheAirman is offline
Dave
Location: Pittsburgh
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 126
Mein Auto: '18 330e
I usually run mine down until the needle is at "0", and I get sick of hearing the 10 or 15 mile range remaining warnings. At that point, I'm only running in Max eDrive until I get to the gas station.

On a hot day, the tank might not be "ready for refueling" on the first button press, and that might take more than 1 minute. On the second button press it opens right up.

Have you tried waiting the time to press the button twice after the error message before pulling the emergency cable? On a hot day, with a low tank, it might take a few minutes.
__________________

Dave
BMW CCA #67486
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-08-2019, 03:31 AM
Kristianl Kristianl is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 12
Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAirman View Post
I usually run mine down until the needle is at "0", and I get sick of hearing the 10 or 15 mile range remaining warnings. At that point, I'm only running in Max eDrive until I get to the gas station.

On a hot day, the tank might not be "ready for refueling" on the first button press, and that might take more than 1 minute. On the second button press it opens right up.

Have you tried waiting the time to press the button twice after the error message before pulling the emergency cable? On a hot day, with a low tank, it might take a few minutes.
Yes, i have. Sometimes it opens, sometimes not. I think its the pressure system thats failing because when it worked i could hear the sound of air when i open it but not anymore.
Reply With Quote
Reply

See More Related BMW Stories


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
© 2001- VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.