Fuel door issue on 330e - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation BMW 3 Series Sedan F30/F31/F34 and the first first generation 4 Series Coupe F32/F33/F36. Get the latest 3 and 4 series pricing from our ordering and pricing guide sticky thread.

Old 07-02-2019, 03:53 AM

Mein Auto:
Fuel door issue on 330e

Hi
I have a problem with the fuel door/latch on my 330e, mainly when its very low on fuel.
Its pressurized so i have to open with a botton but I get an error message when its very low and cant open the latch. I have to pull the wire from inside the trunk.

It always works with quarter full tank.

Anyone else have this issue?
Or a fix.

Bmw said its not uncommon and basickly advised me to live with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2019, 11:31 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 Glacier Silver 328i
Keep the tank filled 1/4 or more.
Old 07-02-2019, 01:08 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 530e
I never had that problem on my former 330e nor on my current 530e. However, I try not to let it get below 1/4 tank because I don't want to be drawing up only old gasoline. It does sound like BS as one would think that this would be in the manual if all the phevs needed to be at least 1/4 full.

I sense here a template for BMW service techs...if they can't identify and fix the problem, then just say they all do it and its normal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2019, 12:01 AM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
I never had that problem on my former 330e nor on my current 530e. However, I try not to let it get below 1/4 tank because I don't want to be drawing up only old gasoline. It does sound like BS as one would think that this would be in the manual if all the phevs needed to be at least 1/4 full.

I sense here a template for BMW service techs...if they can't identify and fix the problem, then just say they all do it and its normal.
Yeah, that makes sense.
It wasnt that bmw didnt want to fix the fault, they just said it was not worth the cost... So, i guess i will get used to not running it below 1/4.
Old 07-03-2019, 07:45 AM

Mein Auto: 2018 340 xdrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristianl View Post
Yeah, that makes sense.
It wasnt that bmw didnt want to fix the fault, they just said it was not worth the cost... So, i guess i will get used to not running it below 1/4.
i would be bringing this car in for service everytime this happens and requesting a loaner.
Did they really say that? Not worth the cost to whom? Them or you?
Old 07-03-2019, 08:21 AM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK2348 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristianl View Post
Yeah, that makes sense.
i would be bringing this car in for service everytime this happens and requesting a loaner.
Did they really say that? Not worth the cost to whom? Them or you?
Me. I only have a standard service agreement and its out of warranty.
Old 07-06-2019, 08:06 PM
Dave

Mein Auto: '18 330e
I usually run mine down until the needle is at "0", and I get sick of hearing the 10 or 15 mile range remaining warnings. At that point, I'm only running in Max eDrive until I get to the gas station.

On a hot day, the tank might not be "ready for refueling" on the first button press, and that might take more than 1 minute. On the second button press it opens right up.

Have you tried waiting the time to press the button twice after the error message before pulling the emergency cable? On a hot day, with a low tank, it might take a few minutes.

Dave
BMW CCA #67486
Old 07-08-2019, 03:31 AM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAirman View Post
I usually run mine down until the needle is at "0", and I get sick of hearing the 10 or 15 mile range remaining warnings. At that point, I'm only running in Max eDrive until I get to the gas station.

On a hot day, the tank might not be "ready for refueling" on the first button press, and that might take more than 1 minute. On the second button press it opens right up.

Have you tried waiting the time to press the button twice after the error message before pulling the emergency cable? On a hot day, with a low tank, it might take a few minutes.
Yes, i have. Sometimes it opens, sometimes not. I think its the pressure system thats failing because when it worked i could hear the sound of air when i open it but not anymore.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search