Semi-OT: Tools.... - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation BMW 3 Series Sedan F30/F31/F34 and the first first generation 4 Series Coupe F32/F33/F36. Get the latest 3 and 4 series pricing from our ordering and pricing guide sticky thread.

Old 07-11-2019, 03:26 PM

Mein Auto: 2001 330i
Semi-OT: Tools....

Hi all -

This is kind of off topic, other than I'm needing to do my 60k miles maintenance and I'm moving and I'm refreshing all my tools. I've given my old ****ty tools to my son. Much of my old stuff has been lost over a few recent cross state moves. What I do/did have weren't that great in the first place.

I'm looking for some recommendations on a good brand of tools. Hand tools for mechanic stuff. I'm wanting made in the USA, lifetime warrantee. Not Craftsman since it's now made in China. Something mid-tier that will last me the rest of my life, but won't break the bank.

Any suggestions?

-tom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2019, 06:46 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 535i + 2018 X3 30i
Estate sales sometime have a load of Made In U.S.A. Craftsman tools. The Craftsman brand has recently been bought by Stanley Tool Works, and they're bringing a lot of the tool production back to the U.S.
Old 07-11-2019, 07:46 PM

Mein Auto: Diesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlester View Post
Hi all -

This is kind of off topic, other than I'm needing to do my 60k miles maintenance and I'm moving and I'm refreshing all my tools. I've given my old ****ty tools to my son. Much of my old stuff has been lost over a few recent cross state moves. What I do/did have weren't that great in the first place.

I'm looking for some recommendations on a good brand of tools. Hand tools for mechanic stuff. I'm wanting made in the USA, lifetime warrantee. Not Craftsman since it's now made in China. Something mid-tier that will last me the rest of my life, but won't break the bank.

Any suggestions?

-tom
Buy a metric starter kit off someone that is changing careers or didn't finish school. Mac matco snapon cornwell etc. Craigslist or other classifieds probably best bet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2019, 06:10 AM

Mein Auto: 2001 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoputzer View Post
Estate sales sometime have a load of Made In U.S.A. Craftsman tools. The Craftsman brand has recently been bought by Stanley Tool Works, and they're bringing a lot of the tool production back to the U.S.
Good to know they are bringing Craftsman back. That used to be my go to.
Old 07-12-2019, 07:32 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 535i + 2018 X3 30i
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlester View Post
Good to know they are bringing Craftsman back. That used to be my go to.
They're building a new factory in Texas.

I was in Lowe's a few weeks ago, and they were selling Craftsman tool chests made in the U.S., but with imported components.

See More Related BMW Stories

Tags
tools

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search