BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

HELP! Car won't start, noise from under car!

759 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Doug Huffman 
#1 ·
So i am having some troubles with my car. I'm not a car expert by any means so any help would be appreciated. I went to start my car the other day (2012 X1 28i) and when I pressed the push button start my foot slipped off the break. Car obviously wouldn't start so I took the key out and tried again. Now I cannot turn it on. The break is now very difficult to depress and the car is stuck in park. I am receiving multiple different error messages on my idrive system simultaneously.

Fuel pump error
Breaking/chassis stability error
Flat tire monitor error
Transmission malfunction error

Since they are all different, I am thinking something electrical has gone haywire. I cannot change the gear since the car wont turn on, but my shifter (automatic) symbols status illuminate green only intermittently. I tried again today and it's now makes a continuous humming noise from underneath the car, under the back right passenger door, infront of the wheel, about 1 foot in from the edge.

Does anyone know what this noise could be coming from this location? Or any other ideas I should try? I have already tried jumping the car and charging my battery, no luck. Except that the humming noise didn't present itself until today, which was the next day after jumping it (not sure of it's just a coincidence). Any help would be appreciated. Will definitely take it in to get looked at by a professional, I just want to get an idea of what could be going on and if there is anything I could do to get it started/in drive.

Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
Continued from your previous identical complaint.

100% is good indication.

Does your car have a central junction box controller?

X5's have a Footwell Module FRM and some other BMW's have IVM. These FRM particularly can be damaged by a jump. Again, the diverse unconnected problems is worrisome.
!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.