Trifecta Faults (BRAKE + ABS + DSC LIGHTS) PLEASE HELP!!! CODES INCLUDED!! - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M5 & M6 > E63 / E64 M6 (2006 - 2010)

E63 / E64 M6 (2006 - 2010)

Old 12-09-2017, 11:36 AM

Mein Auto: e63 m6
Trifecta Faults (BRAKE + ABS + DSC LIGHTS) PLEASE HELP!!! CODES INCLUDED!!

Hello all,

This is my first time posting on this website, although have done plenty of reading and reading and more reading on different threads. Maybe I shouldn't have read soo much since after I started learning about the "common" issues these cars have, the 3 dreadful lights came on (ALL YELLOW BRAKE, ABS, TRIANGLE W/ EXCLAMATION MARK (DSC?))... I took the car to shop closest to my house that has a good rating on yelp 4.5 stars + , and read plenty of reviews and they seemed legit.. They gave me a free scan w/ their computer and I have attached the paper with all faults below.. If I could get some good input on the faults it would be much appreciated. To inform everyone before they look at the codes, I have an aftermarket KW suspension with an EDC delete, so my assumption is the shops scanner found the faults due to the aftermarket suspension.. ALSO, I got a new battery recently (couple months ago) and for some reason I feel like they didn't do a proper job and maybe due to low voltage these faults and 3 lights on dash could come on. The mechanic at the shop told me that there would be a separate code that would come up for weak voltage or weak battery if that were the case..

Some more background info as I feel my case is pretty special..
Its a 2007 m6 coupe hardtop
26k miles
Eisenmann exhaust + KW suspension

The car didn't get driven for i'd say a good year maybe year and a half.

The screen inside the car indicates I need a service done and i'm past due (brake fluid, cabin air filter, emissions test (car still has cats so not really too sure what this means), oil change etc..
The shop quoted me almost 600-700 for that service..

He also mentioned I can bring the car back for an actual diagnosis of the ABS module and pump for $120 and basically he claims that with the diagnosis, he will know more info as to if the lights and codes are coming on due to an electrical issue with the wires, or with the actual module or pump being bad...

With my extensive research, I'm praying to everyone I know and can think of that it is not the module and pump otherwise Im looking at a minimum of 3k+ in parts without labor..

On the report the mechanic gave me that I have attached below, he told me the sections with an "X" there are the codes he deleted and then scanned again and the ones that have an X near them arent actually "there"

Now that fact alone kind of sketched me out because I'd figure if he were to delete the codes then run the scan again, he might as well just print out a new sheet without those codes??

PLEASE CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG OR MISGUIDED

Basically I just want to know what you guys think specifically in this case, as of now, I'm freaking out thinking I'm going to have to spend 3-4k for this part and labor... I also heard u can get it rebuilt for cheaper (~500) but I also heard if I cheap out on repair/maintenance, then it will catch back up..

It blows my mind that an ABS system on a 120k msrp car can go out after 24k miles.. Literally unreal.

BMW dealer tells me all my warranties have expired, although shop mechanic told me that I may have some sort of warranty due to my mileage being soo low.

My dad always used to tell me that mechanics and doctors are always the ones that will do whatever they can and they WILL do whatever they can to make the most money off you even if you don't need any work done.

NOW...

The car drives fine, brakes work fine etc. A buddy of mine told me to go to an empty parking lot and slam on the brakes at about 30mph to see if I can feel the brake pedal kind of wiggling. If I can, then he said that the ABS is working and it should be an electrical issue.

Im extremely lost as far as this whole case goes, theres soo much info and so many little things these lights could revolve around so the insight of you guys would be great.

When I first saw the codes, I instantly regretted buying the car.. Insane that 24k miles already puts me back 5k in one repair alone..

I got none of the service or anything done yet, just the computer scan (which they did for free which was nice I guess...) Didnt do oil or brake (will need to re-flush brakes i assume if they pull abs)

Let me know what you guys think..

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fault codes m6.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	728865  

Last edited by aryansalam13; 12-09-2017 at 11:43 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2018, 08:33 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 330E46 , 06 R6 Raven,
Damn man that suck this maybe a long shot but i had similar problems with my 335 and it turned out to be a clock spring? not saying that will help you at all but maybe? good luck
Old 09-19-2018, 07:36 PM
Robbie

Mein Auto: 325i
Had a 2002 3 series with 250K on it when this happened it was a bad wheel speed sensor....

See More Related BMW Stories

Tags
abs, brake, codes, dsc, faults, m6, traction, trifecta

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M5 & M6 > E63 / E64 M6 (2006 - 2010)
Today's Posts Search