2019 F90 Competition Package - Pick up - Exhaust Video - Pics and Quick Review! - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M5 & M6 > F90 M5 (2018 - current)

F90 M5 (2018 - current)
The 6th generation F90 M5 based on the G30 5 Series platform is coming soon!

Old 08-20-2018, 10:12 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2018 M550i xdrive
2019 F90 Competition Package - Pick up - Exhaust Video - Pics and Quick Review!

This was the pick up of my F90 M5 Competition from Maranello BMW - and they again did a fantastic job having literally everyone there to meet me at pick up. Jonathan Tam my Sales Exec and Newel Desouza - The Dealership Manager went above and beyond to put an incredible deal together for me. They helped me follow this build every step of the way. It was a truly amazing experience. Maranello delivered.

Here are some of the preliminary pictures...some video - an inside video of the exhaust sound and review of my first hours with the car.

The car was not washed as my Detailer wanted no swirls lol.

A preliminary review will be the next post.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Big Jon_BP.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	148.7 KB
ID:	814083   Click image for larger version

Name:	Front Inside Dealer_.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	158.1 KB
ID:	814085   Click image for larger version

Name:	Newel_BP.jpg
Views:	339
Size:	157.6 KB
ID:	814087   Click image for larger version

Name:	M5 CP 7.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	814089   Click image for larger version

Name:	M5 CP 5.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	814091  

Name:	Maranello 2_BP.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	177.6 KB
ID:	814093  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2018, 10:13 AM

The initial review of the car was easy to write...it's awesome!

I have been fortunate to drive the BMW M competitors and I can say that this car just...fits my personality compared to its competition. It is such a complete, all round car. Fun to drive and luxurious. Straight quick and such a solid chassis for road course.

The looks were fairly unassuming, but I was surprised how much the blacked out parts made a difference. I wasn't happy about the Pirelli's, but I guess it's an excuse to "replace" them shall we say...

Driving: the cars brakes are pretty impressive - and this is coming from a C7Z carbon ceramic brake owner. The car is firm, but still smooth and can even be soft when in comfort. Acceleration is impressive - even before "break in" and likely being on 91 octane from the Dealer. The chassis is TIGHT. In full on Sport plus mode - the car is immensely stable and capable. I have my two M buttons as polar opposites and I find that very useful for business driving and pleasure.
Exhaust is impressive - although still muted in the cabin. Outside - is a different story, as I scared more than a few people with it lol...

Electronic and fit and finish are top notch - and the SEATS...oh my goodness - they are GOOD! I have mine fit to my body using the bolster controls...

There will be many trips to the track for real testing - and a full professional review of this car in the coming weeks after break in is properly concluded.

Stay Tuned!

New Outside Exhaust Clip:

Old 08-20-2018, 10:13 AM

The initial review of the car was easy to write...it's awesome!

I have been fortunate to drive the BMW M competitors and I can say that this car just...fits my personality compared to its competition. It is such a complete, all round car. Fun to drive and luxurious. Straight quick and such a solid chassis for road course.

The looks were fairly unassuming, but I was surprised how much the blacked out parts made a difference. I wasn't happy about the Pirelli's, but I guess it's an excuse to "replace" them shall we say...

Driving: the cars brakes are pretty impressive - and this is coming from a C7Z carbon ceramic brake owner. The car is firm, but still smooth and can even be soft when in comfort. Acceleration is impressive - even before "break in" and likely being on 91 octane from the Dealer. The chassis is TIGHT. In full on Sport plus mode - the car is immensely stable and capable. I have my two M buttons as polar opposites and I find that very useful for business driving and pleasure.
Exhaust is impressive - although still muted in the cabin. Outside - is a different story, as I scared more than a few people with it lol...

Electronic and fit and finish are top notch - and the SEATS...oh my goodness - they are GOOD! I have mine fit to my body using the bolster controls...

There will be many trips to the track for real testing - and a full professional review of this car in the coming weeks after break in is properly concluded.

Stay Tuned!

New Outside Exhaust Clip:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2018, 10:14 AM

This will be the professional video that will showcase the F90 M5 CP...you can see the race with the M550ix at 22:23 - and it isn't pretty lol...

This time the BMW will be taking on something much more powerful...stay tuned!

Old 08-20-2018, 10:16 AM

Here are the Detailers pics - from Make it Shine Detailing - they did a great job!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	BMW CP 1.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	814095   Click image for larger version

Name:	BMW CP 2.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	814097   Click image for larger version

Name:	Detail Peak.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	814099   Click image for larger version

Name:	M5 CP Hood Correct.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	814101   Click image for larger version

Name:	BMW CP 5.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	814103  

Name:	BMW CP 7.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	814105  
Old 08-21-2018, 08:21 AM

Mein Auto: HP4
Amazing sound

Too bad you donít get enjoy it in the cabin and get fake sound through the speakers, what is BMW thinking
Old 03-14-2019, 04:33 PM

Mein Auto: 2019 750, 2016 X5
Awesome! Is this the dark or the lighter carbon trim? I guess this is the dark but can you confirm? Thanks!

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M5 & M6 > F90 M5 (2018 - current)
Today's Posts Search