Quoted over MSRP - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M5 & M6 > F90 M5 (2018 - current)

F90 M5 (2018 - current)
The 6th generation F90 M5 based on the G30 5 Series platform is coming soon!

Old 03-15-2018, 09:53 AM

Mein Auto: BMW
Quoted over MSRP

Emailed my dealer yesterday and was quoted 5k over MSRP. Told him thank you, Iíll pass and will gladly wait for MSRP or a discount with loyalty credits etc. Itís not as if itís a limited production F12TDF worth paying over for when it doubles in value instantly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2018, 11:31 AM

Mein Auto: M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heynowbababooey View Post
Emailed my dealer yesterday and was quoted 5k over MSRP. Told him thank you, Iíll pass and will gladly wait for MSRP or a discount with loyalty credits etc. Itís not as if itís a limited production F12TDF worth paying over for when it doubles in value instantly.
Interesting approach. I talked to 5 dealers in a 20 mile radius and all were at MSRP with one at $1k less and one at $2k less (which I bought). None were daring enough to quote above MSRP, although one did indicate that they could, but were doing me a favor by not!!

Then, one did a strange thing. Wouldn't sell to me at all since I was too far away for what they'd consider a service radius. He was worried I'd buy the car and get is serviced closer to home and they couldn't count on that revenue. I appreciated their honestly as I guess a dealer has consider the whole forward cash streams when selling cars, but still it was weird to here that response.
2016 Yukon XL Denali
Old 03-15-2018, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger4366 View Post
Interesting approach. I talked to 5 dealers in a 20 mile radius and all were at MSRP with one at $1k less and one at $2k less (which I bought). None were daring enough to quote above MSRP, although one did indicate that they could, but were doing me a favor by not!!

Then, one did a strange thing. Wouldn't sell to me at all since I was too far away for what they'd consider a service radius. He was worried I'd buy the car and get is serviced closer to home and they couldn't count on that revenue. I appreciated their honestly as I guess a dealer has consider the whole forward cash streams when selling cars, but still it was weird to here that response.
Nice job at 2k under. Looks like Iíll start hunting for under MSRP now! Thanks for the response.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2018, 07:46 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2015 328 X-Drive
Quote:
Nice job at 2k under. Looks like Iíll start hunting for under MSRP now! Thanks for the response.
Thompson BMW has an M5 in stock that is not spoken for, at least not as of yesterday. It's selling at MSRP, but unfortunately no open slots for a new build. once the initial pre-orders are filled and dealers stock a few on their respective lots, will be interesting to see how eager they are to deal.

p.s. hhheyyooooo....ta ta toothey.....
2015 BMW 328 X-drive : Dinan Stage 1: Dinan Exhaust: Dinan Springs: Dinan Supplemental Ride: Dinan Intercooler: Dinan Pedals: BMW Performance Headlight Bulbs : Bimmertech Front/Rear Cameras: Bimmertech MirrorCast : BMWCCA Member #516886 (Feel free to use my BMWCCA # for a referral).
Old 03-17-2018, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew424 View Post
Thompson BMW has an M5 in stock that is not spoken for, at least not as of yesterday. It's selling at MSRP, but unfortunately no open slots for a new build. once the initial pre-orders are filled and dealers stock a few on their respective lots, will be interesting to see how eager they are to deal.

p.s. hhheyyooooo....ta ta toothey.....
Heeeeeyoooo thanks for your response.
Old 03-29-2018, 01:33 PM

Mein Auto: 2018 BMW M5
Hey bro, I have a White on black m5 that I just picked up from the dealer but I am now having second thoughts considering I have a new baby and can't really drive the car the way I would want to. It really sucks having all this power and not be able to utilize it. Would you be interested in taking over the car?

The MSRP was $115k with the addition of BMW m performance parts costing $9,000. So total price is a little over $124k.

This is a RARE build, white exterior, Aragon brown interior. M performance parts included are: rear diffuser, side skirts, black kidney grills, front splitter, and a spoiler. All parts are carbon fiber! Other features include apple car play, executive package, drivers assistance package, and 20 inch black and chrome wheels. This is truly a UNIQUE car and I am having second thoughts even listing it here, but I know it may be the best thing for my current situation. This combo will not be found at any dealer, I have the only one. If you don't believe me, go search yourself! If interested, let me know!
Old 03-30-2018, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdelmab View Post
Hey bro, I have a White on black m5 that I just picked up from the dealer but I am now having second thoughts considering I have a new baby and can't really drive the car the way I would want to. It really sucks having all this power and not be able to utilize it. Would you be interested in taking over the car?

The MSRP was $115k with the addition of BMW m performance parts costing $9,000. So total price is a little over $124k.

This is a RARE build, white exterior, Aragon brown interior. M performance parts included are: rear diffuser, side skirts, black kidney grills, front splitter, and a spoiler. All parts are carbon fiber! Other features include apple car play, executive package, drivers assistance package, and 20 inch black and chrome wheels. This is truly a UNIQUE car and I am having second thoughts even listing it here, but I know it may be the best thing for my current situation. This combo will not be found at any dealer, I have the only one. If you don't believe me, go search yourself! If interested, let me know!
It's a production BMW. What makes it rare and by rare I assume you mean more desirable than any other M5 that can be ordered by walking into a dealer?

Your second thought have nothing to do with how powerful the car is - it will serve as a daily drive no differently than the 540. You should ask your dealer how much over msrp they'll pay you for your rare car.

Last edited by BobRae; 03-30-2018 at 02:14 PM.
Old 03-31-2018, 03:37 PM

Rare is a F12TDF. Anyone can walk into their local BMW dealership and spec your exact car today. Back to the real thread.
Old 04-27-2018, 04:15 PM

Mein Auto: 2018 X3 M40i
Quote:
Also got $2k under MSRP on a showroom floor model.

It's all about how motivated the dealer is to sell. Give it time. They'll come down.
2016 Porsche Macan Turbo
2018 BMW X3 M40i
2018 BMW M5
2020 BMW M340i
Old 04-28-2018, 05:03 AM

Mein Auto: RS6
I was working on a deal by email with a dealer. I live too GD far from any dealers who have any real stock. Our local BMW dealer gets one M5 car allocation every century. Anyway, the car I was looking at was in NJ and they were selling at MSRP. No BS, but some else grabbed it.

There are many listed on Autotrader and most appear to be at MSRP. And the lease numbers are great!

I was offered the option to order one from them!?!? I found that odd, figuring that their order allocations would be all sold out for a year.....what am I missing.

If I get one it will be off the lot. I am not going to do the order thing.....That can be financially dangerous, "well since I am ordering it and can customize it, why not add the extra 200 hp and the gold paint...."

Mike

2018 M5 Black Sapphire Metallic
traded - 2016 M2 Alpine White, 7 speed DCT
2015 Q7 s-line Daytona Grey
Sold - 2003 RS6 Daytona Grey
Prior: 2013 A8L, 2008 A4 Cab, 2000 A6 4.2 sport, 1997 M3 luxury, 1994 325 is with M-tech suspension
Old 04-29-2018, 06:19 PM

Mein Auto: X5
Times have changed. Economy isnít as robust as it once was when the concept of premium over msrp first emerged
BMW has some stiff competition in Audi Mb and even jaguar. Hard allocations are an overall inventory planning for any dealership. However if a customer has an interest in a car not currently allocated, i find it hard to believe a dealer principal canít put in a call to BMW to get an immediate allocation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-04-2018, 11:48 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 650 Coupe, 2015 M4
Only car I would consider paying msrp is a 911 TTS ,other than that I will walk away.

2015, M4 Coupe, Alpine White, Black Nappa leather,
BMWCCA Member since 07/2008
Old 06-26-2018, 05:28 PM

Mein Auto: 2018 M5
I think it definitely depends on location. I contacted a few dealerships within about 50-80 mile radius by email based on 2018 M5s they had on their Lot. Crevier in OC quoted me $5k over MSRP. I asked if they would consider MSRP and they simply said no (not very warm or customer friendly for sure).

I ended up picking up a loaded 2018 Azurite Black the next day (Happy Father's day to me!) from BMW of Murrietta for around $2-3k under (and some additional reduction on add on costs). In fact, they emailed me in response to my initial inquiry and quoted me $1k less than what it was advertised for on their own site right out of the gate.

They also offered to reduce the amount based on financing with no prepayment penalty after 90 days. I declined but it was another option for reduction.
Old 06-27-2018, 05:58 AM
BMW 7 Series Obsessed

Mein Auto: 2016 M4 Champagne Quartz
Being quoted over MSRP seems to be a west coast phenomenon, but then again, what doesn't cost more living on the left coast? In middle America and the south, right now 2-4K under MSRP seems to be the norm if you hunt and push for it. The OP was from April- check Car Gurus & Autotrader. There are a lot of M5s that have now been sitting on dealer lots for several weeks making MSRP as an asking price seem quite unrealistic.
Old 06-27-2018, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peench View Post
I think it definitely depends on location. I contacted a few dealerships within about 50-80 mile radius by email based on 2018 M5s they had on their Lot. Crevier in OC quoted me $5k over MSRP. I asked if they would consider MSRP and they simply said no (not very warm or customer friendly for sure).

I ended up picking up a loaded 2018 Azurite Black the next day (Happy Father's day to me!) from BMW of Murrietta for around $2-3k under (and some additional reduction on add on costs). In fact, they emailed me in response to my initial inquiry and quoted me $1k less than what it was advertised for on their own site right out of the gate.

They also offered to reduce the amount based on financing with no prepayment penalty after 90 days. I declined but it was another option for reduction.
That whole penalty for early repayment is a false statement the dealers are making. I was offered an additional 2K off MSRP to take their high APR 4.99 over 3.29 from my bank. I was told same thing about having to have it for three months. It's not true, there's nothing in the loan contract that states you have to wait for 90 days before paying it off. It's just that the dealer is getting a BMW Financial incentive to hold the loan open that long. You can pay it off at will. You might piss off your dealer though - so weigh that accordingly if you plan on having service and on ongoing relationship with them. I still make out better even for the 3 months as my bank has guaranteed to refinance it at any point.
2016 Yukon XL Denali

Last edited by tiger4366; 06-27-2018 at 08:55 AM.
Old 06-27-2018, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gassy View Post
Being quoted over MSRP seems to be a west coast phenomenon, but then again, what doesn't cost more living on the left coast? In middle America and the south, right now 2-4K under MSRP seems to be the norm if you hunt and push for it. The OP was from April- check Car Gurus & Autotrader. There are a lot of M5s that have now been sitting on dealer lots for several weeks making MSRP as an asking price seem quite unrealistic.
great color - my M5 is Champagne Quartz too - on any given day it's a different color. Is it Gray?; is it bronze?; is it a mixture of the two? Best color on the palette - IMHO
2016 Yukon XL Denali
Old 06-27-2018, 09:56 PM

Mein Auto: 2018 M5
Quote:
That whole penalty for early repayment is a false statement the dealers are making. I was offered an additional 2K off MSRP to take their high APR 4.99 over 3.29 from my bank. I was told same thing about having to have it for three months. It's not true, there's nothing in the loan contract that states you have to wait for 90 days before paying it off. It's just that the dealer is getting a BMW Financial incentive to hold the loan open that long. You can pay it off at will. You might piss off your dealer though - so weigh that accordingly if you plan on having service and on ongoing relationship with them. I still make out better even for the 3 months as my bank has guaranteed to refinance it at any point.
Great info! I didn't end up financing so never saw the contract. I did think it was a little strange that the contract would have a 90 day hold period as I've not seen that before, but didn't consider it any further as I wasn't taking that offer.
Old 08-12-2018, 10:36 AM

Mein Auto: 2016 550i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by abdelmab View Post
I'll take off $11k if anyone is interested in my M5. Only 800 miles on the car. If you're looking for a steal, this is it!
That sounds like a pretty nice price for someone. I am considering the competition model but regardless, while I do love white, it would either have to be white or black nero interior. Good luck getting out from under it....and sorry about your predicament...I mean congrats on the kid, but too bad about taking delivery of the M5 before you changed your mind.

Personally as a guy with two boys in college I'd advise you just relax and take a deep breath. Having a kid changes your life forever but as you get your legs under you you'll realize you are still you, just you with more responsibilities...so my bottom line for you young man is, keep the M5.

Last edited by usrodeo4; 08-12-2018 at 10:38 AM.
Old 08-12-2018, 02:23 PM

Mein Auto: 2018 X3 M40i
Quote:
Originally Posted by usrodeo4 View Post
Personally as a guy with two boys in college I'd advise you just relax and take a deep breath. Having a kid changes your life forever but as you get your legs under you you'll realize you are still you, just you with more responsibilities...so my bottom line for you young man is, keep the M5.

I just hope the guy learns from this.

I feel like he could have pulled the plug on this sale a lot earlier. Perhaps lost a deposit, but not what he's about to lose in wanting to get rid of the vehicle.
2016 Porsche Macan Turbo
2018 BMW X3 M40i
2018 BMW M5
2020 BMW M340i
Old 10-15-2019, 04:22 PM

Mein Auto: 08 X54.8 04X54.4 00E46CiC
If you have a picture of your M5, I'd like to see it. Very interesting.

Quote:
great color - my M5 is Champagne Quartz too - on any given day it's a different color. Is it Gray?; is it bronze?; is it a mixture of the two? Best color on the palette - IMHO
2000 E46 Vert
2001 X5 4.4, Ret.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M5 & M6 > F90 M5 (2018 - current)
Today's Posts Search