Yellow Triangle W/exclamation Goes on Periodically - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1 Series & 2 Series > E82 / E87 / E88 / F20 1 Series (2008 - 2014)

E82 / E87 / E88 / F20 1 Series (2008 - 2014)
BMWs throw back to the iconic 2002, with a renewed form and function. The smallest car in BMW's line up but still packs a punch. Available in coupe or convertible, powered by a naturaly aspirated inline 6 in the 128 or the turbo twin power inline 6 rocket sled 135.

Old 10-14-2019, 03:10 PM

Mein Auto: I 135 Convertible
Yellow Triangle W/exclamation Goes on Periodically

My yellow triangle goes on periodically, when I check nothing shows as problem. My mechanic, a highly respected BMW shop has checked at least 10 times, and even reloaded the software and nothing shows as a problem.

Had the car into the BMW dealership for the recent recall and they checked, as the light was on, and they found nothing. I am getting ready to sell the car and I know this will stick out like a sore thumb to potential buyers.

This is a 2010 135i and the problem light only comes on occasionally. Sometimes it comes on and goes out in 10-15 minutes, other times it will stay on for a few days. Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2019, 06:11 AM

Mein Auto: Audi b8.5 s4
Yellow Triangle W/exclamation Goes on Periodically

Quote:
Originally Posted by NucGal View Post
My yellow triangle goes on periodically, when I check nothing shows as problem. My mechanic, a highly respected BMW shop has checked at least 10 times, and even reloaded the software and nothing shows as a problem.

Had the car into the BMW dealership for the recent recall and they checked, as the light was on, and they found nothing. I am getting ready to sell the car and I know this will stick out like a sore thumb to potential buyers.

This is a 2010 135i and the problem light only comes on occasionally. Sometimes it comes on and goes out in 10-15 minutes, other times it will stay on for a few days. Thoughts?

When my oil level was a little low it would do that. No problems since 1/2 qt of oil and 1000 miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-03-2020, 12:26 AM

Mein Auto:
Quote:

Just got a not to bad offer on a lease for a new loaded 2019 m240i conv.

Sure autoputzer will disagree but leaning that way as opposed to buying my 235 or an m4. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2020, 05:36 AM
where da clutch at ?

Mein Auto: BMW 128i Msport
did he pull codes ? even an expired code will still stay on the system, find it hard to believe there are "NO" intermittant codes found by anyone

Quote:

Old 02-09-2020, 10:10 AM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by iosman123 View Post
Just got a not to bad offer on a lease for a new loaded 2019 m240i conv. .

Sure autoputzer will disagree but leaning that way as opposed to buying my 235 or an m4. Thanks

Thanks my issue has been fixed.
Old 02-21-2020, 04:14 AM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by iosman123 View Post
Just got a not to bad offer on a lease for a new loaded 2019 m240i conv here.

Thanks for the information. I guessed it correctly that codes will expire with in a time frame.
Old 02-21-2020, 04:23 AM
where da clutch at ?

Mein Auto: BMW 128i Msport
unless the codes are physically cleared using INPA etc, they won't just expire/disappear, they may not show on an OBDii tester or on the idrive or the dash display,
but it will always show up in the system, I check my car regularly on INPA, it will show codes (that I have not cleared) as expired or non effecting, but still there.
This is important for diagnosing intermittent faults.

I had a code for a blown bulb, which I fixed, didn't bother clearing the codes, it stuck in the system for ages (as clear with the millage) till I cleared it

Anyway your issue is fixed which is good.

Last edited by jaye944; 02-21-2020 at 04:24 AM.

See More Related BMW Stories

Tags
2010 135i, yellow triangle warning

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1 Series & 2 Series > E82 / E87 / E88 / F20 1 Series (2008 - 2014)
Today's Posts Search