E36 FS: 1997 328i/4/5 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Classifieds > Cars - Private Party

Cars - Private Party
Do you have a car for sale? Are you looking for a new BMW? Check here daily as well as searching on craigslist and eBay Motors

Old 02-20-2020, 08:28 AM

Mein Auto: '97 E36 / '12 Prius
FS: 1997 328i/4/5

Hello all,

Up for grabs is my beloved E36.

1997 328i
169,129 miles
Schwartz II over Sand Beige
5-speed Manual
Sport Package
VIN: WBACD3322VAV21283

Price: $3,750

This E36 was purchased new from a dealership in Oregon, after the original owner had it spec'd to his preferences and built in Germany - came through customs from a port in California in 1997. After 17 years in Oregon, the original owner moved to Asheville, NC in 2014, and I purchased and brought to Memphis in 2016. Since then, I've accumulated a bit over 10K miles over 4 years enjoying the car on weekends. As of posting, mileage is at 169,156. Located in Memphis, TN.

Mechanically
I have a ton of repairs and maintenance that I've listed in an excel spreadsheet that I can email anyone interested, because it is easier to keep track of - but for starters, pretty comprehensive cooling system over haul (Zionville Radiator, Stewart Water Pump, Silicon hoses, fan/clutch, aluminum tstat housing), rebuilt OBC screen (so no more dead pixels), typical E36 wiring harness issue in the trunk has been taken care of - list goes on.

I have sent the engine oil off to Blackstone Labs for analysis a couple times, and they point to a healthy engine.

Also have nearly 100 pages of receipts from the original owner showing repeated maintenance since the car was new.

Of the potential repairs it might need over the next few years; suspension refresh and oil filter housing gasket (not leaking, but some seepage)

Exterior
Paint is decent, and it does shine up nice, but it is a 10 footer. On closer inspection, you will notice rock chips on the front end from highway driving, and some random dings and scratches.

Slight oxidation (not bad) on the top of the rear bumper, the usual place.

All wheels in good shape, with a decent amount of tire tread left.

Interior
Inside is clean, but the driver's seat shows its wear. Not torn or ripped though. The center armrest should be replaced, as it looks faded and torn in two places. Still functional obviously.

Rear seat has a tear in the leather on the driver's side of the vehicle.

Headliner is in the beginning stages of sagging in the rear passenger corner and sunroof cover.

Carpet is clean, and I have Weathertech Floor mats in the front, rear, and trunk (have the OEM mats, too)

Sony head-unit installed works great, and is mic'd up for calls. Original head-unit included.

Shift knob is out of an E46 ZHP, but you can have the original, too, if you so choose.

Windows, sunroof, locks and heated seats all work fine.

Included Extras
Custom fit car cover
Original Window Sticker
Three original keys

Clean and clear title, in my name.

After working for a BMW dealership for the last couple of years, I have found that I prefer the style and space of the e34 and e39, and have decided to pursue one of those models. Hence, the reason for selling.

I have this posted on a few other sites as well.

PM me for more details, or any questions you may have.

Link to pics below, and can take any extra pictures or videos you may like.

https://imgur.com/a/NxiDWXu

Thanks for looking!_a_
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2020, 12:35 PM

Mein Auto: '97 E36 / '12 Prius
Sold!

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Classifieds > Cars - Private Party
Today's Posts Search