Pure Performance Tire -vs- All Seasons Performance tire - your experience? - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > General BMW Questions

General BMW Questions
Use this forum to ask general question about the BMW ownership and keep up on the latest BMW news. Direct all model specific questions to model specific forums below.

Old 03-29-2020, 05:21 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto:
Pure Performance Tire -vs- All Seasons Performance tire - your experience?

Any of you guys ever switch between the 2 tire types? I'm interested in dry weather handling differences. Is there a huge difference?

I'm running Michelin Pilot Sport summer tires on my 2004 E60 with handling package and Good Year Eagle F1 asymmetric all season on a 2009 M6 (came with the car).

The M6 is new to me, (low miles, suspension in great shape) have not drove it that much, but I feel like when driving 80mph and make a sudden lane change that the E60 has more control than the M6. Trying to determine if this is due to the all seasons on it, or if I'm just not used to driving it yet. The feeling in the M6 is that I over steered to make the lane change and I have to correct for it, or I will hit the wall. The E60 sharply brings me to the lane with confidence, no correction in steering required.

I realize these are 2 different cars, and it may just be the difference between them, but wondering how much of this could also be related to the tires.

Any of you guys ever switch between the 2 tire types with the seasons and notice a big difference in your handling?
1990 Pontiac Firebird Formula, T-Tops, 305 TPI, Maui Blue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2020, 01:38 PM
ZHPper

Mein Auto: 330ciZHP Mini Clubman VUE
I have a 2004 ZHP and have tried both. Currently Michelin PS AS and really can't tell much difference. And I've been on track with both types.
Old 03-31-2020, 09:16 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody underwood View Post
I have a 2004 ZHP and have tried both. Currently Michelin PS AS and really can't tell much difference. And I've been on track with both types.
Thanks for your reply. Maybe I just dont know how to drive the car yet.......
1990 Pontiac Firebird Formula, T-Tops, 305 TPI, Maui Blue

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > General BMW Questions
Today's Posts Search