E70 Comfort Access :mad: - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 04-06-2020, 10:13 AM

Mein Auto:
E70 Comfort Access :mad:

Hi all,

I bought a 2012 E70 last month and so far, I am loving it! Few nags that the car came with that I thought i'd start looking into now that I seem to have loads of time at home!

The comfort access (CA) on the drivers side only, is not working.

I can use the CA on both passenger side doors and the boot, the car starts no problem with the CA (ie, the key is in my pocket) and the passenger side doors lock the car no bother.

If it was one of the doors, then I'd go for a new handle but since it's both of them I'm kind of weary to spend 100 on a handle if its potentially not at fault.

Anyone came across this issue and if so, how did you fix it?

Thanks in advance,
Cam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2020, 05:11 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d
The CA handles going bad seems to be one of those common things that go wrong. It also seems to be particularly the driver's door handle. I've had to replace mine, and it looks like it has gone out again. Only the driver's door handle is out on mine, all the others work fine.
formerly '69 BMW 2002 and '67 BMW 2000CS
Old 04-07-2020, 02:26 AM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael47 View Post
The CA handles going bad seems to be one of those common things that go wrong. It also seems to be particularly the driver's door handle. I've had to replace mine, and it looks like it has gone out again. Only the driver's door handle is out on mine, all the others work fine.
I'm struggling to find one in the right colour for my car, have you ever tried to take the insides from a working one and just change the coloured bit over?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2020, 08:19 AM
Resident Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d/E39M5/996TTX50
Don't know if you can swap from one side to the other... might let you get a definitive diagnosis.

Also, prior owners here have posted that they snipped wires in the door handle to 'fix' current draw issues...look for that when yo7 open it up.

OE is Original Equipment aka 'BMW Original Parts' aka 'What you buy at the BMW dealer with a BMW label'

OEM is Original Equipment Manufacturer... EITHER the company that made the OE part or.... A part this is identical to the OE part, but is sold by the OEM under their own label

OEM is not what BMW sells

http://www.bimmerzone.com/category/T...ricks_OEM.html

https://www.turnermotorsport.com/t-OEvsOEM
Old 04-09-2020, 02:09 PM

Mein Auto:
Managed to get the back door one off but no snipped wires and I couldn't get the front off, BMW quoted 230 for a new handle. Not sure I'm ready to spend that on a whim that that's the issue
Old 04-09-2020, 04:08 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d/E39M5/996TTX50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron_s92 View Post
Managed to get the back door one off but no snipped wires and I couldn't get the front off, BMW quoted 230 for a new handle. Not sure I'm ready to spend that on a whim that that's the issue
odd. stuck or cant figure it out?!

www.newtis.info

OE is Original Equipment aka 'BMW Original Parts' aka 'What you buy at the BMW dealer with a BMW label'

OEM is Original Equipment Manufacturer... EITHER the company that made the OE part or.... A part this is identical to the OE part, but is sold by the OEM under their own label

OEM is not what BMW sells

http://www.bimmerzone.com/category/T...ricks_OEM.html

https://www.turnermotorsport.com/t-OEvsOEM
Old 04-10-2020, 04:45 AM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ard View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron_s92 View Post
odd. stuck or cant figure it out?!

www.newtis.info

It feels stuck. I got the hex nut out but the part that has the key unit on it wouldn't budge, I tried prying it out but it's almost like there's a second bolt

See More Related BMW Stories

Tags
bmw, ca, comfort access, e70

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search