X5 E70 CCC upgrade to 10.25" Android - Page 6 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 08-18-2017, 02:46 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E65 750i Sport,C5 z51 e46
very cool.
e46 328i 18" 335spt whls(sold)
c5vette 6sp,z51,2"drp,19"ccw'sshrt shft,corsa exh,dd nav(sold)
e53 X5 3.0, pna rf,,20"4.6rims.(sold)
e65 750I aw, sprt. 21's,acs pdls,acs rfsplr,mtecs,8k hid(sold)
Srt10 VIPER, 19-20" forged,tune,corsa ex,intake.
w221 S550 amg,dia white,20"s63rims
e70 3.5 aw.mtec,20" 214 whls.
e46 M3vert,6spd,19"HRE,bbk,ext,intke
w222 S550 amg, dia white
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2017, 03:54 PM

Mein Auto: E70
Quote:
Originally Posted by noelskii View Post
Another. Just looks stock AF. Love it.

Lioks swesome. Wats the boot time?

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app
Old 08-18-2017, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalit.sis View Post
Lioks swesome. Wats the boot time?

The radio plays ASAP. The android prob takes 6-7sec to fully load?

Advertisement

Old 08-20-2017, 08:31 AM

Mein Auto: X5D
Quote:
The radio plays ASAP. The android prob takes 6-7sec to fully load?

thanks for the video.

it does start asap!
Old 08-20-2017, 08:46 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 X5
How is the glare on the screen...especially when using GPS? Is it tolerable because its the screen is not hidden like the OEM.
Old 08-21-2017, 12:35 AM

Mein Auto: E70 X5 4.8i
Quote:
Originally Posted by samgreenwood View Post
Just ordered one with CarPlay and Camera for the E70 (which has a dead reverse camera and dead bluetooth) and another with CarPlay and camera for the E90, hopefully receive next week, then a busy weekend ahead! Will report back in with some photos once it's done.
Ordered the same but had an email a few days ago saying there was issues with the CarPlay adapters so they have to wait for some new ones to arrive before they send out the order...
Old 08-21-2017, 09:52 AM

Hey Guys installed my yokotron, took me 3 hrs also being a first timer. However it showing no signal! Any ideas please? Also I couldn't find place to put one cable from the original unit with locking hatch and 8 pins female to new unit? Pretty Poor instructions for installation....
Old 08-24-2017, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Hey Guys installed my yokotron, took me 3 hrs also being a first timer. However it showing no signal! Any ideas please? Also I couldn't find place to put one cable from the original unit with locking hatch and 8 pins female to new unit? Pretty Poor instructions for installation....
The plug from the original monitor just hangs- doesn't get plugged anywhere.

As for the no signal, check all the other cables to make sure they are all plugged in. Or try turning off the car, wait a minute and start back up again...
Old 08-24-2017, 07:05 PM

Quote:
The plug from the original monitor just hangs- doesn't get plugged anywhere.

As for the no signal, check all the other cables to make sure they are all plugged in. Or try turning off the car, wait a minute and start back up again...

Thanks Noelsii.... will be a late Friday night for me.

Old 08-25-2017, 07:16 AM

Mein Auto: BMW X5 E70
What are the wires "Middle Speaker In", "Middle Speaker Out", "Camera DET"? Where to connect them to? I guess the "Camera DET" and "Camera +12V provide power for rear camera. However under the name "Camera DET" there are Chinese words start with 360 so I guess they may have something to do with 360 degree camera.

Sorry I tried to post the picture from my google photos but it did not show up. But those who has the unit should know those wires.

Last edited by pplayer; 08-25-2017 at 07:39 AM.
Old 08-25-2017, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pplayer View Post
What are the wires "Middle Speaker In", "Middle Speaker Out", "Camera DET"? Where to connect them to? I guess the "Camera DET" and "Camera +12V provide power for rear camera. However under the name "Camera DET" there are Chinese words start with 360 so I guess they may have something to do with 360 degree camera.

I don't recall if I did plug any of those in except for the camera +12v. The camera detection is probably a remote wire if your camera needs a remote signal to turn on. I didn't use the remote since I have my reverse camera hooked up to my reverse lamp.
Old 08-25-2017, 09:52 AM

Quote:

Sorry I tried to post the picture from my google photos but it did not show up. But those who has the unit should know those wires.

I am looking for Answers for similar Qs!! Where does camera 12v plugs in? I have factory fitted camera, can't find where to plug the yellow cable and 12v? Middles speakers in/out? Also my unit is working in Android mode but goes to no signal once i switch to original car or reverse. Any help please?

Old 08-25-2017, 11:57 PM

Mein Auto: 2000 323i e46
Quote:
To the OP. I got my iDrive knob to work with the android screen. You gotta go to the factory settings and pick which one works with your car. I chose iDrive B and the knob works now.
Hi there, can you explain step by step how to go to factory settings? Also do you have the stock knob or did you upgrade to ccc knob?
Old 08-26-2017, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacuna View Post
Hi there, can you explain step by step how to go to factory settings? Also do you have the stock knob or did you upgrade to ccc knob?
Go to Settings -> System Info -> Factory -> Enter 1314 OK -> CCC IDrive Type = iDrive B
Old 08-26-2017, 09:17 PM

Few sharings after installing avinusa unit:
- Bluetooth volume is very low. Need to turn car volume to max to hear. Sound quality is very poor with noise as of max volume.
- AUX sound quality is a bit better than bluetooth but still too far from car original radio and AUX.
- Android boot time is about 10-12 sec. Should leave at the Original car screen before turn off, so it can boot up to original car screen immediately while waiting for Android to boot.
- The Dashboard does not show door open and there's no needles to show speed. Dashboard looks boring. Anyhow to change to another dashboard?
- Still not find an easy place for GPS antenna. I don't want it to be visible so I was going to hide it in the roof. However as car navigation does not work in VN anyway so I bought an GPS antenna extension cable to extend from the original GPS antenna.
- The demo video playback doesn't show video out of the box, only audio. I saw it running normal on some clips. Is there any setting for this?
Old 08-27-2017, 05:18 AM

Mein Auto: E70 X5 4.8i
Nobody else has reported any sound issues thus far...?? Not that I've seen anyways...
I'm waiting for mine to arrive but I'll be pretty pi**sed off if the sound quality isn't at least the same as Tune2Air...!!
Old 08-27-2017, 03:07 PM

Mein Auto: X5 E70 3.0sd
Quote:
- Still not find an easy place for GPS antenna. I don't want it to be visible so I was going to hide it in the roof. However as car navigation does not work in VN anyway so I bought an GPS antenna extension cable to extend from the original GPS antenna.

Hi (First post, long time lurker!),
I am having a similar issue. I think the Comfort Glass I have on mine is making the GPS reception even worse! I was hoping I could use the built-in GPS antenna
Can you tell me what type of connectors are needed?

Thanks
Old 08-27-2017, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaselchops View Post
Hi (First post, long time lurker!),
I am having a similar issue. I think the Comfort Glass I have on mine is making the GPS reception even worse! I was hoping I could use the built-in GPS antenna
Can you tell me what type of connectors are needed?

Thanks
I get this one. It should work with the built-in GPS antenna. Same connector type C (blue). The built-in GPS antenna has the booster so it should be better. The problem with the built-in GPS antenna jack is that its angle is fixed so I use this cable to extend.

BTW do you have problem with sound?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fakra-C-Male...72.m2749.l2649
Old 08-28-2017, 03:15 AM

Quote:

I get this one. It should work with the built-in GPS antenna. Same connector type C (blue). The built-in GPS antenna has the booster so it should be better. The problem with the built-in GPS antenna jack is that its angle is fixed so I use this cable to extend.

BTW do you have problem with sound?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fakra-C-Male...72.m2749.l2649
Thank you for that.
The Bluetooth sound is very quiet and a bit muffled.
But mp3 or Spotify are fine.
Old 08-28-2017, 07:43 AM

Quote:
- Bluetooth volume is very low. Need to turn car volume to max to hear. Sound quality is very poor with noise as of max volume.
- AUX sound quality is a bit better than bluetooth but still too far from car original radio and AUX.
- Android boot time is about 10-12 sec. Should leave at the Original car screen before turn off, so it can boot up to original car screen immediately while waiting for Android to boot.
- The Dashboard does not show door open and there's no needles to show speed. Dashboard looks boring. Anyhow to change to another dashboard?
- The demo video playback doesn't show video out of the box, only audio. I saw it running normal on some clips. Is there any setting for this?
BTA- Have you gone to sound settings and raising the media volume? Mine has no issues after raising this volume setting.

GPS Antenna- I just placed mine inside the dash directly behind the unit. No problems so far.

Video- mine works just fine. Who did you order your unit from? Maybe you need a software update...
Old 08-29-2017, 08:51 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 X5 35i / 2011 E90 M3
Placed my order with AVIN. Got CIC with Carplay. Will post some pics of my install when I get it!
Old 08-30-2017, 10:52 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 BMW X5
Yokotron Delivered Today!

Hopefully i'll get to install it this weekend. Then i'll be removing my Bimmer-tech VIVID SCREEN with Apple TV That I modified to fit my X5...worked perfectly, but I just couldn't resist that 10.25" touchscreen......
Old 09-01-2017, 08:06 AM

Hi all,

Some observations after a few days ok using it:
  • The sound output is nowhere near as good as the builtin car auto (aux in/cd)!
  • I wish I could customise the main menu to add Spotify, rather that having to trawl through the APPS Menu!
  • Steering wheel controls are unable to control Spotify. Had this working on my last E46 android headunit, so it is do-able
  • The built-in audio player is basic as basic can be!

On the whole I like it, does need a bit more polish though.
Old 09-05-2017, 02:59 AM

Mein Auto: BMW X5 E70LCI MY2011
Quote:
I am looking for Answers for similar Qs!! Where does camera 12v plugs in? I have factory fitted camera, can't find where to plug the yellow cable and 12v? Middles speakers in/out? Also my unit is working in Android mode but goes to no signal once i switch to original car or reverse. Any help please?

Hello!
I did the installation several days ago.
As for connections I can tell you:
1. Camera 12v connector is for aftermarket camera. If you got installed OEM (BMW) camera no need to connect this wire.
2. Middle speaker in/out is made for passing through the sound from Android to OEM middle speaker if you have this one. I've got HiFi pro system with the Center speaker in the centre of the dash. So you should connect the OUT to the speaker and IN to the OEM CENTRAL speaker connector. If you don't have such speaker the easist way just not to connect this. Or you can run the wires to the LEFT or RIGHT speaker of the car, which won't be easy.
3. If you get No signal just check the wirings for the first step. The second step (or if you sure all the connections are good this will be first) just try to change the factory settings for the CAN type. Try #5 or #6 in the list.
Old 09-05-2017, 04:42 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 BMW X5 3.0si
So if you have factory cameras does the unit automatically switch from Android to the car screen when, for example, putting the car in reverse? Or do you have to switch it yourself every time?

See More Related BMW Stories

Tags
10.25" ccc e70 android radio

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search