NBTEvo iSTEP Upgrade Sources? - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > G30 (2017 - Current)

G30 (2017 - Current)
The next generation 5 Series, chassis code G30, arrives at dealers in February 2017. Looking like a scaled down 7 Series and riding on the CLAR platform, the new 5 Series will have a focus on lightweight and sporty performance. Engines options will come from BMW's new B family for the 530 and 540 and a turbocharged V8 for the M550i. Read more about the 2017 5 Series

Old 12-04-2019, 09:32 AM
Happy Driver

Mein Auto: 2017 540xi, M-Sport
NBTEvo iSTEP Upgrade Sources?

I've been trying track down several sources / discussions / 'solutions' / and stories across multiple forums to try to find the best DIY options for upgrading my ID6 NBTEvo to the latest firmware. I'm currently on NBTevo_K17033J (North Amer 2017-1). This quest started with the need to get full-screen CarPlay coded, but now I just want to make sure I'm running latest / greatest software stack as I take my 2017 off lease. (Yes, I understand that latest will require E-SYS for full-screen code).

With that said, is there a one-stop source or for a DIY upgrade that would otherwise cost $399 at my dealership?

I started here: https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=983244, but even that points to several 3rd party dependancies and PMs to get all the bits together and figure out which files are needed, etc. The web then leads to the iSTEP process which quickly turns to and a number of references that may or may not be up to date.

ANYWAY -- who's done it? what has worked? what sources did you use?

Thanks!

-----

Previous: 2011 535xi | Dark Saphire Metallic, Black/Anthracite | M-Sport
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2019, 09:48 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 530e
Quote:
Originally Posted by jelzein View Post
I've been trying track down several sources / discussions / 'solutions' / and stories across multiple forums to try to find the best DIY options for upgrading my ID6 NBTEvo to the latest firmware. I'm currently on NBTevo_K17033J (North Amer 2017-1). This quest started with the need to get full-screen CarPlay coded, but now I just want to make sure I'm running latest / greatest software stack as I take my 2017 off lease. (Yes, I understand that latest will require E-SYS for full-screen code).

With that said, is there a one-stop source or for a DIY upgrade that would otherwise cost $399 at my dealership?

I started here: https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=983244, but even that points to several 3rd party dependancies and PMs to get all the bits together and figure out which files are needed, etc. The web then leads to the iSTEP process which quickly turns to and a number of references that may or may not be up to date.

ANYWAY -- who's done it? what has worked? what sources did you use?

Thanks!
There is a service bulletin/recall that requires software updates. Call your dealership and ask if your car needs the recall (don't mention wanting a software update). Likely they will tell you it needs to be brought in and the software updated.
Old 12-06-2019, 09:37 PM
Happy Driver

Mein Auto: 2017 540xi, M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
There is a service bulletin/recall that requires software updates. Call your dealership and ask if your car needs the recall (don't mention wanting a software update). Likely they will tell you it needs to be brought in and the software updated.
Tried that, but nothing outstanding on my 2017 that would require a full update. The service itself costs $395 and one of the service reps said it wasn't worth it (though he wasn't aware of my long-term intentions).

-----

Previous: 2011 535xi | Dark Saphire Metallic, Black/Anthracite | M-Sport
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2019, 07:13 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 530e
Quote:
Originally Posted by jelzein View Post
Tried that, but nothing outstanding on my 2017 that would require a full update. The service itself costs $395 and one of the service reps said it wasn't worth it (though he wasn't aware of my long-term intentions).
My 530e was built in November of 2017. I got the voluntary emissions recall campaign notice number 19E-A02. They updated my software. Did you get the notice?
Old 12-07-2019, 10:45 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Flash it with E-Sys 3.30.0 or highe and latest 4.21.12 PSdZData Full:

E-Sys - Flashing ECU Guide v.1.0.1.pdf:
https://mega.nz/#!p9JQhAwZ!JJ9ptw8Ti...JcnSUvG81nYMsw

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > G30 (2017 - Current)
Today's Posts Search