Fxx-/Ixx-/Gxx-series help please with INPA - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old 12-07-2019, 08:46 AM
Car Nut

Mein Auto: 750LI & Opel Astra Turbo
help please with INPA

hi

I just ordered an ethernet cable and software from bcables.com, its arrived but without the software. (for my F02 2014)

Since im having problems with the car, can anyone point me to where i can download the software? I have downloaded v5 but it wont let me access the airbag module (plus others), plus its all in German

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2019, 08:52 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW
Download rheingold (ista-d)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-07-2019, 10:06 AM
Car Nut

thanks, I think technology is getting the better of me, I had it downloaded, but the instructions to install it dont correspond to the software, so I found it elsewhere, and at 13gig it says it needs 500gig of disc space, which I dont have.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2019, 12:30 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW
500 gigs is with istap, no need it. Download just istad, itís arround 100gb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-08-2019, 02:14 AM
Car Nut

I did wonder because the download is only about 13 gig. Gonna try it later on. Bought a new ssd, been low on space for a long time tbh. Thanks for your help
Old 12-08-2019, 11:14 AM
Car Nut

I have got the files, followed the instructions, but when i run istagui as administrator, nothing happens, but it creates a log file like this

2019-12-08 18:11:51 INFO [T] ISTA: [1] ConfigSettings.ConfigSettings() - called
2019-12-08 18:11:51 INFO [T] ISTA: [1] ConfigSettings.StoreAndLogChangedValue() - Change configuration "BMW.Rheingold.OperationalMode" from "" to "ISTA_PLUS" (read from "Configuration file").
2019-12-08 18:11:51 INFO [T] ISTA: [1] ConfigSettings.ConfigSettings() - OperationalMode is ISTA_PLUS
2019-12-08 18:11:51 INFO [T] ISTA: [1] ConfigSettings.StoreAndLogChangedValue() - Change configuration "BMW.Rheingold.Logging.RotatingTextWriterTraceListe ner.FileName" from "" to "" (read from "").
2019-12-08 18:11:51 INFO [T] ISTA: [1] ConfigSettings.StoreAndLogChangedValue() - Change configuration "BMW.Rheingold.Logging.Directory" from "" to "..\..\..\Logs" (read from "Configuration file").
2019-12-08 18:11:51 INFO [T] ISTA: [1] ConfigSettings.StoreAndLogChangedValue() - Change configuration "BMW.Rheingold.Logging.Directory" from "..\..\..\logs" to "..\..\..\Logs" (read from "Configuration file").
2019-12-08 18:11:51 INFO [T] ISTA: [1] App.StartIstaServices() - Try to start ISTA Services host ...
2019-12-08 18:11:51 INFO [T] ISTA: [1] IstaProcessStarter.Start() - called.
2019-12-08 18:11:51 ERROR [T] ISTA: [1] IstaProcessStarter.Start() - Failed to start ISTA operation. Reason: "System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'BMW.Rheingold.CoreFramework.CoreFramework' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'RheingoldCoreBootstrap.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.
at BMW.Rheingold.CoreFramework.CoreFramework..cctor()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at BMW.Rheingold.CoreFramework.CoreFramework.get_Debu gLevel()
at BMW.Rheingold.CoreFramework.Log.Debug(String method, String msg, Object[] args)
at BMW.Rheingold.CoreFramework.WcfCommon.IstaProcessB ase`1.Initialize(String[] args)
at BMW.ISPI.IstaServices.Host.IstaServicesProcess.Ini tialize(String[] args)
at BMW.Rheingold.CoreFramework.WcfCommon.IstaProcessB ase`1.Perform(String[] args)".
2019-12-08 18:11:51 ERROR [T] ISTA: [1] App.Init() - Failed to start ISTA: BMW.Rheingold.CoreFramework.WcfCommon.IstaProcessS tartException: Failed to start ISTA operation. Reason: "System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'BMW.Rheingold.CoreFramework.CoreFramework' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'RheingoldCoreBootstrap.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.
at BMW.Rheingold.CoreFramework.CoreFramework..cctor()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at BMW.Rheingold.CoreFramework.CoreFramework.get_Debu gLevel()
at BMW.Rheingold.CoreFramework.Log.Debug(String method, String msg, Object[] args)
at BMW.Rheingold.CoreFramework.WcfCommon.IstaProcessB ase`1.Initialize(String[] args)
at BMW.ISPI.IstaServices.Host.IstaServicesProcess.Ini tialize(String[] args)
at BMW.Rheingold.CoreFramework.WcfCommon.IstaProcessB ase`1.Perform(String[] args)".
at BMW.Rheingold.CoreFramework.WcfCommon.IstaProcessS tarter.Start[TArgs](String pathToIstaProcessFile, TArgs istaProcessArgs)
at BMW.ISPI.IstaServices.Controller.IstaServicesContr oller.StartHost(IDictionary`2 configuration)
at BMW.Rheingold.ISTAGUI.App.StartIstaServices(LogCle aner logCleaner)
at BMW.Rheingold.ISTAGUI.App.Init()
at BMW.Rheingold.ISTAGUI.App..ctor()
Old 12-08-2019, 03:14 PM
Car Nut

sorted it now, in case anyone else comes up against this, it turned out that Mcafee was quarantining the file without telling me

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming
Today's Posts Search