WTB: X5 hood, ANY CONDITION - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Classifieds > Exterior

Exterior
Bumpers, body panels, mirrors, moldings, trim, etc...

Old 12-26-2004, 09:10 PM

Mein Auto: Nuth'n
WTB: X5 hood, ANY CONDITION

I need an X5 hood. I will be cutting it down and using it on a buggie, so it does not have to be in good condition. If you have a wrecked/damaged/dented one, I can probably use it. Please let me know what you have!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2004, 09:36 PM
Adolescent On-Call

Mein Auto: 330i
Sorry, no spare X5 hoods lying about my place. How about cupholders from an E46?
Old 12-27-2004, 09:39 AM

Well, I wasn't really planning on putting any cupholders in, but... Do they make five-point harnesses for your beverages?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2004, 12:31 AM

Maybe some more information will help. I'm building an offroad buggie for rockcrawling competitions. The buggie will be registered with the competition sanctioning body as a BMW X5 because it is different than what everyone else is doing (mostly Jeeps, Toyotas, etc...) and I have not found a cooler looking hood and grill to use. I've been looking at every hood and grill on every vehicle and I cannot find another one I want to use. My buggie is 46 inches wide at the widest point, and the hood will fit inside some tube at the front. That means the section of hood I need is no more than 43 inches wide at the back, and 24 inches wide at the grill. An X5 hood is 64 inches wide at the widest point, so I will be cutting a ton off both sides to make it fit. Cutting so much off, I can take a really trashed hood and make it work perfectly, so if anyone knows of any X5s that have been in an accident, I would really like to have any information as to the whereabouts of that hood. It may be unusable to you, but I can probably use it!
Old 01-01-2005, 12:42 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '11 X5 35d & '12 X5 3.5i
Quote:
Originally Posted by X5RockBuggie
Maybe some more information will help. I'm building an offroad buggie for rockcrawling competitions. The buggie will be registered with the competition sanctioning body as a BMW X5 because it is different than what everyone else is doing (mostly Jeeps, Toyotas, etc...) and I have not found a cooler looking hood and grill to use. I've been looking at every hood and grill on every vehicle and I cannot find another one I want to use. My buggie is 46 inches wide at the widest point, and the hood will fit inside some tube at the front. That means the section of hood I need is no more than 43 inches wide at the back, and 24 inches wide at the grill. An X5 hood is 64 inches wide at the widest point, so I will be cutting a ton off both sides to make it fit. Cutting so much off, I can take a really trashed hood and make it work perfectly, so if anyone knows of any X5s that have been in an accident, I would really like to have any information as to the whereabouts of that hood. It may be unusable to you, but I can probably use it!

It's all yours!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	smashed X5 three.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	42100  
Old 01-01-2005, 06:04 PM

In Western Quebec? D'oh! That's one's pretty beat up, but if you were closer (within a state or two of Utah) I'd come get it! Anyone else have something similar, or with damage to the sides?
Old 01-03-2005, 10:03 PM

BTT. Still need one. I'm in Utah, but I would drive a state or two away for a good deal on a beat up hood.
Old 01-10-2005, 10:05 PM

BTT, still looking. Could use fenders too.
Old 01-15-2005, 06:33 PM

Mein Auto: 72 2002tii, E36 ///LTW
I can't help you out with the hood, but did you happen to compete in Neuroc this year with the yellow buggy?
Jimmy
Old 01-20-2005, 05:19 AM
Member of the club

Mein Auto: BMW X5
Are you watching eBay? Here's one that just recently sold, and I seem to recall another that was on there with a bit more damage.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33646
Old 01-20-2005, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95///M3
I can't help you out with the hood, but did you happen to compete in Neuroc this year with the yellow buggy?
Jimmy
No. I saw that buggy at Supercrawl this year though. It kinda made me mad because I though mine would be the first to use an X5 hood. I competed in UROC all year (and for the last several years). I had a blue YJ front half with a tubed-out rear. The tube was silver. We were third for the season in the Extreme West series. The new buggy is lower, lighter, narrower, shorter.... Basically smaller in every way.
Old 01-20-2005, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCrewX5
Are you watching eBay? Here's one that just recently sold, and I seem to recall another that was on there with a bit more damage.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33646
Thanks. I have been watching ebay. In fact, I emailed the guy who sold that one. The problem is that he would not ship it, and it would cost more to drive from Utah to Ohio to pick it up, than a brand new one from the dealer would cost.
Old 01-23-2005, 07:29 PM

Okay, so I found a hood. It's in rough shape, but I'll be able to smooth it out and it'll be just fine for what I'm using it for. Now I need a pair of grill inserts, the vent inserts, and a BMW emblem. Anyone have anything? Here's a pic to kinda show you what I'm doing (sorry, it's a crappy camera-phone pic). The one grill insert in the pic is broken, so I need both. Thanks.

Old 01-23-2005, 07:43 PM
Member of the club

Mein Auto: BMW X5
Quote:
Okay, so I found a hood. It's in rough shape, but I'll be able to smooth it out and it'll be just fine for what I'm using it for. Now I need a pair of grill inserts, the vent inserts, and a BMW emblem. Anyone have anything? Here's a pic to kinda show you what I'm doing (sorry, it's a crappy camera-phone pic). The one grill insert in the pic is broken, so I need both. Thanks.
I have a set of grill inserts - perfect condition. Make me an offer.
Old 01-23-2005, 07:49 PM
Banned

Mein Auto:
Quote:

Thats one cool X5
Old 01-23-2005, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterlance
Thats one cool X5
Thanks, I'm glad you like it. I'm actually not really sure how something like this will go over on a BMW board. Not really the same cup of tea, y'know? Hopefully a lot of the racers and modifiers will be able to appreciate it. That thing will probably spend a great deal of time on it's lid, so a new/good hood would be a waste.

Last edited by X5RockBuggie; 01-23-2005 at 08:09 PM.
Old 02-17-2005, 07:43 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to niL
Mein Auto: 2001 330i
thats hot! everytime i watch trucks on spike tv i always wondered what a BMW X5 based rock crawler would look like, all the best with your project! please post updates or a link to where you would be posting updates on your project
Old 03-11-2005, 02:13 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 330i ZHP
thats sweet!

Dare to be different...What engine are you running? I doubt its a BMW engine?

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Classifieds > Exterior
Today's Posts Search