CarPlay Suggestions - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 F15 (2014 - 2017)

X5 F15 (2014 - 2017)
The all new F15 BMW X5 started production August 2013 as a 2014 model year. The new X5 arrives in sDrive35i (RWD), xDrive35i, xDrive50i and a diesel xDrive 35d.

Old 01-04-2018, 06:14 PM

Mein Auto: Ford
CarPlay Suggestions

Hi:

We and the dealer could never get a good connection with Apple's CarPlay on my iPhone 6. The dealer gave up and said it was a problem with the iPhone 6. Since then I've upgraded to an iPhone X and have the same issue: CarPlay works great for a few hours and then disconnects. One then has has to delete the old CarPlay in "Communications" in the X5 and pair again. After a few hours CarPlay disconnects yet again. Repeat ad nauseam

I don't think it is the Apple hardware (per the dealer) since the exact same thing happens on two different phones, one of which is the latest and greatest hardware from Apple.

Does anyone have any suggestions to get a robust and durable connection with CarPlay?

It's not the end of the world since if we can't get it working we go back to circa 2000 technology which we all survived with. However, given the premium we all pay for BMW engineering it would be kind of nice to get this working reliably.

Thank you very much for any ideas or suggestions you might have!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2018, 06:58 PM

Mein Auto: Pilot
I had the happen a few times in the first week owning my new x5 with an iPhone 8 plus. Had to delete the bluetooth connection on the iPhone, delete the phone from iDrive or wherever it is, and start completely from scratch. The third time to do this was the charm and it's been fine ever since. It sounds above like you're not disconnecting both the phone AND the BMW connection. I really do like carplay a lot, but I wish there were a way that it would default to the BMW map rather than the iPhone map. That iPhone map is pretty lame.
Old 01-04-2018, 07:02 PM

Mein Auto: Ford
Dual Delete

Good point. Will try it. At this point we're desperate, so anything that might work is most welcome. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2018, 07:16 PM

Mein Auto: Pilot
Good luck!
Old 01-04-2018, 08:01 PM

Mein Auto: BMW X5 40e 2017
I bought car without Apple car play and then bought it .Bmw and IPhone connection becomes not stable.
I uninstalled it .After that connection with IPhone is stable .
My suggestion buy yourself iPad mini and nice mount .You will be able to do much more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-05-2018, 07:33 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F02, F15 & E64
Do you have iPad mini in your X5? Let's see the pictures as to how ugly it looks.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 F15 (2014 - 2017)
Today's Posts Search