BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

E90-2005 320i Pre-LCI w/o iDrive - Oil, Battery, Audio and Warning Lights

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  alirauf 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone

I bought an E90 almost a month back, got the full service done at 108,000 kms, had full service history. There are couple of things which are bothering me.

Issue # 1. The oil level sensor was faulty and has been replaced when I got the Oil changed at 108,000 kms. I got it changed at BEMW (British & European Motor Works). The person in-charge (Mark) explained me that due to age of the engine, the oil level will drop so keep an eye and top up the oil accordingly. Last time the oil added was 5W-30. I have driven almost 1000 kms and the ODO tells that from maximum, it has come down to minimum. The gaskit rocker seal is leaking as well.

Q # 1: Is it normal for this much oil to be consumed?
Q # 2: Shall I top up with 5W-30 or shall I use a thicker oil like 15W-40?

Issue # 2. The battery wiring has an extra connector which is not connected. I tried to find a place or a clip where it can be connected, but unable to find any, any idea? I have attached picture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1FH_Ol8jL8

Issue # 3. The BMW Professional Audio system is installed but on couple of occasions, when I left the car and locked it, the Audio system kept running and did not turn off on it's own (where as it used to turn off on all other occasions). I read online and came to know that it has something to do with MULF. It has the Telephone function but when checked in Menu, the Telephone stays " - - ". The only solution I found to turn off the unit was to disconnect negative terminal of the battery and connect it again for like keeping it disconnected for 10 sec.

Q #*3: Do I have to get a new MULF?
Q # 4: The disconnected terminal near the battery, could it be the reason the MULF is not working properly?

Issue # 4. It happened today that the Red Warning light with a Car on the Ramp/Lift came up. I checked YouTube and read forums on how to diagnose and reset, but all my values have been reset at the last service and I have driven only 1000 kms, so unable to find what to reset. I have made a video to show the issue. ABS logo comes up in Yellow colour. All lights are working, car drives normally, no starting issues and car starts on every time I turn it on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_wIH6qAlw0

Q # 5: What is the issue here?
Q # 6: Is it ABS sensor issue?

See less See more
#3 ·
Thank you for the update. I submitted a reply to your message almost 3 days ago and it said it has been sent for approval but so far it is not showing on the thread, I don't know what happened.

Just to update you (as no one else has replied to my post). I went to my mechanic again and it appears that it is the rear brake pad sensor which might be faulty, hence the CAR ON RAMP warning light. Will be getting them replaced in the morning, so let see.

In regards to the Oil, well he topped it up, let see how it goes, it could be that the oil was not topped up since a new sensor was installed, but this is all what I think, let see how it goes. Fingers crossed

Any advise about the MULF malfunction, I have read that they are prone to getting faulty off and on anyway and people has suggested, not to get them replaced. Did find a person who has fixed MULFs available but they charge A$400.00 for it (I don't think it is that compulsory for me to get it done at this price :D)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.