BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Problem with Android 10.25" and CCC flip screen

10K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Gal-Kris 
#1 ·
Hello,

I have a 2006 E87 118i with CCC and the flip screen. I just upgraded to a 10.25" android screen (android 9.0 / 8-core Qualcomm) which is an awesome upgrade except for one little thing.

The iDrive knob doesn't work if I switch to the original CCC interface. It works fine with the android menus and I can switch between android and ccc by holding down the menu button. Everything else works fine (audio/GPS/apple carplay/etc)

My questions are now:
1. Has anybody been able to get the new Android 9.0/8-core screens to work with an older flip-style CCC display + iDrive?

2. does anybody have a recommendation on how this can be fixed?

Grateful for any support you can give me.

BR,
Jan from Sweden

#3 ·
Figured it out.

The CCC will assume that the screen is active all the time (and listen to the info from the iDrive on the can-bus) if you set FLAP to "Not active". I'm now able to both use the CCC and the android screen with carplay. Awesome.

The Android screen will continue to work without the CCC but you won't be able to access the radio/CCC-car-settings etc.

#6 ·
Figured it out.

The CCC will assume that the screen is active all the time (and listen to the info from the iDrive on the can-bus) if you set FLAP to "Not active". I'm now able to both use the CCC and the android screen with carplay. Awesome.

The Android screen will continue to work without the CCC but you won't be able to access the radio/CCC-car-settings etc.
Hi,

i have the same problem. Can you tell me where you disabled FLAP?

thanks

#5 ·
I think (guessing) that the iDrive is directly connected to the can-bus so the Android screen can be controlled by the iDrive even though the CCC is broken.

BUT the Android screen is just that - a screen. Think of it as an Android tablet mounted in the car with the audio out connected to line in on the car. You will not be able to control car functions like TPS-systems etc like you can do with the CCC.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.