BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

My BMW won't start, lots of codes CPS

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  JelenaA21 
#1 · (Edited)
2010 BMW 128i 3.0

Hey everyone, two days ago we had very cold weather -20C I went out to start my car that morning and it wouldn't start, it would try to turn over but wouldn't, been trying to get it started everyday since and still nothing, tries to turn over but stops. The battery is good cause the radio and all lights work even tried jump starting it and nothing. I noticed my engine light was on, I had the codes scanned and I'm showing codes:
P13B0, P13B2, P0340, P0365, P16C1. Now I know these all relate to the CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSORS but both going bad at the same time has me skeptical that the sensors are the root cause and would that cause my car not to start. Anyone with information please I would appreciate it so much, thank you.

#2 ·
All the cam gear is run off the same fuse and relay. I would start with checking those.
P16C1 is likely an effect of the other codes. The DME monitors a calculated torque output of the motor which is used for various functions (such as idle control). This code just means torque output ain’t what it should be which makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.