Are Lithium Batteries right for me? - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Site Sponsors & Bimmerfest Group Buys

Site Sponsors & Bimmerfest Group Buys
Looking to get some great BMW parts for your car? Get the latest info on sponsor group buys, new products or simply ask a site sponsor a question here!

Old 04-01-2020, 02:47 PM

Mein Auto:
Are Lithium Batteries right for me?

Hey All!

Akhand (Aku) w/Antigravity Batteries here.

So first and foremost as our new Re-Start Batteries have been a huge success, a big thank you to those of you who have been using them! We'd just like to keep an open line to those of you who may have been considering using a lithium battery and haven't yet or even those who may not have considered it but find yourself asking, Is a lithium battery right for me?

While the battery itself has been around forever and a day it can easily be overlooked as a component. We’ve been putting out our Lithium Batteries for roughly the last decade and we come across plenty of people who still don’t know too much about this as an option, are mis-informed, or that have a lot of questions regarding the application. We’d like to offer this topic/thread as a place for those with questions as well as to continue to educate and offer advice to help those that would like it. We’ll also follow up with posts focusing on specific topics such as charging, what role capacity plays, pros vs cons…etc. We hope you’ll find this helpful as well as a great resource to utilize.

One might ask, “Isn’t a battery just a battery regardless of the composition, isn’t it’s only function just to provide power?” While that’s only part of the truth, what we really want to get across is that Lithium batteries specifically have different characteristics when compared to lead/acid and cannot necessarily be treated as the same.

As with any decision making process, one of the best ways to start is to first ask yourself “What am I looking to accomplish?” Even with a battery you can have a multitude of different answers but once you’ve defined that (it may be a very simple answer as well) you can start asking your follow up questions. “What are my options to choose from and what features are available? What do I need for compatibility? Will I need any additional equipment? How much am I okay spending? Will this help me achieve the end result I’m looking for?” The list can easily go on but just be sure to ask and answer all the questions you need to.

We encourage you to reach out to us with those questions even if they fall outside the norm and go into other applications as we cover everything from racing, to street to off road and we've even expanded our Re-Start line into the Automotive segment with some brand new ground breaking options! We look forward to hearing from you and helping you get the results you’re looking for.

Learn more- https://antigravitybatteries.com/
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 2.46.30 PM.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	887245

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Site Sponsors & Bimmerfest Group Buys
Today's Posts Search