e64 650i Auto to Manual ?? - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > E63 / E64 6 Series (2004 - 2010)

E63 / E64 6 Series (2004 - 2010)
The E63/E64 BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 08-12-2019, 10:16 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 650ci
e64 650i Auto to Manual ??

Hi to all at Bimmerfest,

I am the lucky owner of a 2006 BMW E64 650i Convertible,I love this car but yearn for it to be a manual ......Unfortunately unlike our American cousins we here in the UK when shopping for a e64 650i will rarely find a "Stick shift" for sale

Is this a realistic project and if so what parts would I need ?

Does it involve "Coding" or changing Modules etc ?

Thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	VID_20190804_194913.3gp_snapshot_00.58_[2019.08.05_03.00.00].jpg
Views:	12
Size:	208.3 KB
ID:	861063  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2019, 11:13 PM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: E63 645ci
I've been considering this as well on and off but never got too serious about it, I'm sure there was someone here that did it but can't for the life of me think who, you'll probably have to do a search to find any threads on it.
You are right, over here they're like finding hens teeth, I managed to find only two when I was shopping around and they were both in a god awful condition though, would have spent the price of the car again just getting them back up to spec.
There will definitely be programming/coding involved for this job and I suspect the parts list will be considerable, in one of my searches I did come across this place, give them a call as I think they will either ship the parts to you or do the work for you, they've got places in both Dorset and Hampshire so the Hampshire one isn't a million miles from you, at the very least they should be able to provide you with some info as to what will be involved.

http://www.ca-int.co.uk/products-Y2F...wX2lkPTg=.html

Neal.
Old 08-13-2019, 10:42 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 650ci
Hi Neal,

Thanks for the quick reply and the great link u sent is bookmarked ..... I have a friend who has a unit opposite Brands Hatch who like myself was more into Motorcycle Custom Builds back in the 90's and we both have had bikes that featured in Motor Cycle mags back then,he then moved onto Hayabusa engined cars,and building Drift Cars,i mentioned the manual conversion and he told me he had done 2 at a cost of £2000 (same as your link)

I will try and get an exact list of whats needed as I will do the job myself when its to cold for having the roof down and the Navara Adventura is back from its summer break,

I am so in love with my "Battleship" a thirsty early 650i E64 even when the onboard mpg suggests an ave 11.9 mpg !!!

I once tried to see if I could with driving really gently achieve 20 mpg,got to 19.6 after a couple of weeks but soon slapped myself in the face and woke up ... Thats why we call it the "Sunday Car" cos its the only day I can afford to put Tesco's finest in it

Regards Sandro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2019, 11:03 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 4 BMWs, 1 Mini, 1 Vespa
The six speed manual is really really nice.
The conversion is a huge job that will involve coding but if you have time funds and will to do it itís a cool project.
Maybe find a complete donor drivetrain with all the modules so the car thinks itís the one with the manual? Not sure if that would work and which method is easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > E63 / E64 6 Series (2004 - 2010)
Today's Posts Search