Recoding/re-programming CCC unit - Page 3 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > E63 / E64 6 Series (2004 - 2010)

E63 / E64 6 Series (2004 - 2010)
The E63/E64 BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 10-05-2018, 09:59 PM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: E63 645ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseng View Post
Neil,
I think I'm missing something here...Sorry but I'm lost.

Anyway, thanks for the compliment but I'm good with electrical stuff but can't hold a candle to some of the gear and oil guys like Herb!
Our friend 36EWMB misunderstood your post where you misunderstood a previous posters post leading to a misunderstanding of said posts .

Posts 8 to 11, 36EWMB's oringinal post is in my previous post quote above, it's just crossed wires is all ...................... or is it .

Neal.

Last edited by Hsurf; 10-05-2018 at 10:00 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2019, 12:14 AM

Mein Auto:
Sorry to hijack.

My issue is only logo when CCC started, it happens after faulty CCC update, seems it was replaced and some parts have part numbers as 0000000

CCC-A keep rejecting programming since "part number" is 0000000.
Thinking to find most close part number to my unit, change in list to 0000000, and hope it will update with next update.

Here is info from my CCC Unit:
6583 9117560-02
108788 10
GERMANY
07-06. HW 9.8
CCC E60 Modul 1 CD
BA203061056007

If someone have similar unit, please share your "part number" for CCC-A

Thank you
Old 08-26-2019, 12:54 PM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustkill View Post
Sorry to hijack.

My issue is only logo when CCC started, it happens after faulty CCC update, seems it was replaced and some parts have part numbers as 0000000

CCC-A keep rejecting programming since "part number" is 0000000.
Thinking to find most close part number to my unit, change in list to 0000000, and hope it will update with next update.

Here is info from my CCC Unit:
6583 9117560-02
108788 10
GERMANY
07-06. HW 9.8
CCC E60 Modul 1 CD
BA203061056007

If someone have similar unit, please share your "part number" for CCC-A

Thank you
Update:
Running NSX Expert, refresh all CCC modules to manufacturer state, except CTUNE, which fails.
It was failing on both read and write, after using option to reset, it begin reads, but keep failing to coding. Please see attached pic.
Looking online show that sometimes newer DATEN files resolve this issue, since I used latest available v66, I attempt to use older v65, with same result.

Not sure, but seems it is comes from missing "part number"

Any idea to try /check would be really appreciated.

Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	error.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	212.6 KB
ID:	862379  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2019, 03:42 AM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: E63 645ci
If the Ctune has failed completely you shouldn't be able to tune into any radio stations, can you do this?
You may need to send it away for repair since if it can't be revived it will involve de-soldering in order to replace it.
You won't be without a car while the CCC is sent away as it can be driven without the CCC, you'll just loose a few functions but basic running and driving will work fine if this is the route you have to take.
Have you tried allowing the car to go to sleep first before trying again as well as disconnecting the battery overnight and trying again just to be sure?

Neal.

Last edited by Hsurf; 08-27-2019 at 03:44 AM.
Old 08-27-2019, 08:02 AM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hsurf View Post
If the Ctune has failed completely you shouldn't be able to tune into any radio stations, can you do this?
You may need to send it away for repair since if it can't be revived it will involve de-soldering in order to replace it.
You won't be without a car while the CCC is sent away as it can be driven without the CCC, you'll just loose a few functions but basic running and driving will work fine if this is the route you have to take.
Have you tried allowing the car to go to sleep first before trying again as well as disconnecting the battery overnight and trying again just to be sure?
Thank you for your response.
The unit stuck on BMW logo.
I did not try allow to go sleep or do power cycle.
I'm not sure how to allow to go sleep, keep key on and not touch anything?
What about to disconnect unit instead of battery?
I can take chip out myself, problem is damp to find.
I did not take it appart, is there only one chip, or separate chip for each module?

Thank you very much again for your help.
Old 08-27-2019, 09:47 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2016 528i + 2007 650 Vert
Quote:
Thank you for your response.
The unit stuck on BMW logo.
I did not try allow to go sleep or do power cycle.
I'm not sure how to allow to go sleep, keep key on and not touch anything?
What about to disconnect unit instead of battery?
I can take chip out myself, problem is damp to find.
I did not take it appart, is there only one chip, or separate chip for each module?
Thank you very much again for your help.
If the unit is bad it will be almost impossible for you to fix it yourself. Where are you located?
There is a company in Texas that does excellent repairs and list on eBay, also in Germany.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-E60-E90...gAAOSw44BYfZKB

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-E60-E61...AAAOSwqYZbFHo9

I Love LA. It lets me ride in the winter with the top down.
07' E64/Black....14' F10/M-Sport White
Old 08-27-2019, 09:59 AM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
If the unit is bad it will be almost impossible for you to fix it yourself. Where are you located?
There is a company in Texas that does excellent repairs and list on eBay, also in Germany.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-E60-E90...gAAOSw44BYfZKB

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-E60-E61...AAAOSwqYZbFHo9
In US.
I've seen those listings, when looking if it would be more easy just replace unit.
IMHO, it is overpriced, there is possible to find also on eBay working units $100(cosmetics) - $350, and re-code. Also, there is many Android based solutions for similar price with nice interface.
I want to try fix it, at least for experience, if it is possible at all.
I found couple places where dumps available, but have to register on forum, and they not accept new registration anymore.
Anyway, thank you very much for your expertise and help
Old 08-27-2019, 03:40 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2016 528i + 2007 650 Vert
Quote:
In US.
I've seen those listings, when looking if it would be more easy just replace unit.
IMHO, it is overpriced, there is possible to find also on eBay working units $100(cosmetics) - $350, and re-code. Also, there is many Android based solutions for similar price with nice interface.
I want to try fix it, at least for experience, if it is possible at all.
I found couple places where dumps available, but have to register on forum, and they not accept new registration anymore.
Anyway, thank you very much for your expertise and help
If you can find one cheap used and working, than go for it. I upgraded to CIC a long time ago. You might consider that option. It takes some work but it's worth it.

FYI, I tried the Android head units (Avin version) worst piece of garbage I ever bought. Same thing is available from several Chinese vendors. More crashes than a NASCAR race and zero support. Don't wast your $$$

I Love LA. It lets me ride in the winter with the top down.
07' E64/Black....14' F10/M-Sport White
Old 08-27-2019, 05:05 PM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Quote:
In US.
IMHO, it is overpriced, there is possible to find also on eBay working units $100(cosmetics) - $350, and re-code. Also, there is many Android base class="inlineimg" />
If you can find one cheap used and working, than go for it. I upgraded to CIC a long time ago. You might consider that option. It takes some work but it's worth it.

FYI, I tried the Android head units (Avin version worst piece of garbage I ever bought. Same thing is available from several Chinese vendors. More crashes than a NASCAR race and zero support. Don't wast your $$$
Good to know, I thought about Android. Thank you for advice....
Since it is not urgent, we planning to pull engine out for winter and replace all gaskets, I will try to play with it, and wait for good price.
Old 09-13-2019, 06:33 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 330i
Thanks for all the info. My CCC went bad, I replaced with a used EBAY CCC. Most everything works. I can't reset tire and OIL and brakes. I think the new CCC has a different TPM than my older 2006 version. What Cable do I need? I have an older OBD2 setup.
Old 09-13-2019, 06:48 PM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarray View Post
Thanks for all the info. My CCC went bad, I replaced with a used EBAY CCC. Most everything works. I can't reset tire and OIL and brakes. I think the new CCC has a different TPM than my older 2006 version. What Cable do I need? I have an older OBD2 setup.
My research show:
1. Make sure you have PSU 13.6v 50Amp min. Better 70+Amps attached. Standard cherger will not work.
2. If possible use iCom A+B (to be able use MOST technology), if not, DO NOT USE dk-cable obd2 with switch) cable with ISTA-P.
3. Get ready with dk-cable cable for loooooooooong time to get it ready for your vehicle. About 8+ hours.
4. Input your VIN on VO "items" of your vehicle.
Once done, everything should work.

If I'm not right, please correct me.
Old 09-14-2019, 09:54 AM

Psu ?

1. Are you saying to connect a battery charger to the car?
2. I know where VIN is on windshield. what is VO?
Old 09-14-2019, 11:22 AM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarray View Post
1. Are you saying to connect a battery charger to the car?
2. I know where VIN is on windshield. what is VO?
Power supply.

Charger may not work with CCC.
VO- work order - features of your vehicle.

If you dont know how, better dont touch.
2 options now: study how, or pay someone who know. Orherwise you may kill your replaced unit. You should clearly understand what you doing
Old 09-14-2019, 03:22 PM

The instructions posted by ress are very detailed. I think what you mustkill are saying is "make sure your car battery doesn't die during the process"

See More Related BMW Stories

Tags
cic, e64, idrive, navigation, retrofit

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > E63 / E64 6 Series (2004 - 2010)
Today's Posts Search