We finally know how much it will cost to get into a 2 Series Gran Coupe and it's just about right. Starting at $38,495, the little four-door is priced right along the competition.

For that, you get a 2.0-liter inline-four churning out 228 hp and 258 lb-ft of torque delivered to all four wheels.

For $46,495, meanwhile, you can get yourself into an M235i xDrive, which also sends its power to all four wheels, but has more to give. Again a 2.0-liter inline-four delivers the power, but this time it's a meatier 301 hp and 332 lb-ft of torque, and it's all being funnelled through a limited slip differential.

No matter what you pay, though, you get LED lights, power seats, an 8.8-inch infotainment screen, navigation, and one year of Apple CarPlay compatibility.

As mentioned above, the pricing fits right in with the competition. The AWD Mercedes CLA starts at $39,645 while the AWD Audi A3 starts at $37,495. Both can be had for less if you opt for FWD drive, though.

Both competition cars also offer a performance variant to compete with the M235i Gran Coupe. The AMG CLA 45 starts at a considerably higher $54,095, but it also makes 375 hp. A more closely matched AMG CLA 35 is on its way, but pricing hasn't been announced.

As with the base models, the Audi S3 can be had for a little less than the 2 Series-$43,995-but at 288 hp, the Audi faithful have to put up with less power, too.

Or you could do what we suggest and get yourself an M240i Coupe for $45,800.