2018 G30 5 Series Sedan Pricing and Ordering Guides - Page 5 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > G30 (2017 - Current)

G30 (2017 - Current)
The next generation 5 Series, chassis code G30, arrives at dealers in February 2017. Looking like a scaled down 7 Series and riding on the CLAR platform, the new 5 Series will have a focus on lightweight and sporty performance. Engines options will come from BMW's new B family for the 530 and 540 and a turbocharged V8 for the M550i. Read more about the 2017 5 Series

Old 08-24-2017, 06:59 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2018 540i X Drive
Did you try the standard brakes on the 540? They're pretty impressive unless you really want the blue calipers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2017, 08:58 AM

Mein Auto: 2018 M550
Does anyone know if the 2018 M550 allocations will be hard to come by in the next few months? Just wondering if they will be similar to other 5 series builds or are like M cars.
Old 08-31-2017, 04:02 PM

Mein Auto: 2018 540i xdrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfsbranch View Post
Did you try the standard brakes on the 540? They're pretty impressive unless you really want the blue calipers
I drive around NYC, where everyone has their stupid faces buried in their phones. in the past people would just walk through red lights, now they don't even bother looking for cross walks. and if you do hit someone, even if it was just a light bump, as soon as they see a luxury car they're going to start faking injuries to try to get money out of you.

so any extra stopping power is welcomed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmoxi View Post
Does anyone know if the 2018 M550 allocations will be hard to come by in the next few months? Just wondering if they will be similar to other 5 series builds or are like M cars.
M550 use the same slots as regular 5er, at least according to the dealers i spoke to. large sedans are not selling well for any manufacturer, so there should be tons of slots. lots of dealerships in the northeast are offering 6%+ off MSRP just to fill their allocated slots.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2017, 04:05 PM

Oh. Might want to then also consider the pedestrian detection safety feature option for auto braking.
Old 08-31-2017, 06:50 PM

Mein Auto: 2018 530i
My friend ordered a M550 and the dealer had a slot for him right away. He got in June. He did have a rattle in the right seat when no one was in it, but they eventually put some felt tape between the seat and the seat back and it fixed it. They also fixed a rattle in the right door. The barking brake wasn't turning off a lot and the Apple CarPlay wasn't working all the time either. They both got software updates and all is fine. He said he'd marry it if he could and this is his 5th Beamer. (I have a 530 on the boat right now)
Old 09-05-2017, 03:51 PM

Mein Auto: 2019 X5 / 2018 540 xDrive
When do we expect that the BMW USA website will be updated for the 2018 packages?
Old 09-05-2017, 03:58 PM

Mein Auto: 2018 540i xdrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf View Post
When do we expect that the BMW USA website will be updated for the 2018 packages?
when the inevitable 2019 models with another price hike come along.
Old 09-05-2017, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf View Post
Excellent question, way long overdue by about 3 months.
Old 10-24-2017, 11:59 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 530e
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomonshv View Post
when the inevitable 2019 models with another price hike come along.
Its useless. Just use the ordering and pricing guides.
Old 10-25-2017, 06:02 PM

Mein Auto: Acura RL
Seems to have the 18 packages. Sport, Luxury and M, Executive etc. Been on the website for several weeks
Old 11-21-2017, 05:25 PM

Mein Auto: 2015 BMW 750Li
Excel Spreadsheet to Aid in Invoice Price Calculations

I don't know if this will help anyone else, but as I have been going through the process of sifting through many available G30s, I created a spreadsheet to help me have a visual comparison of the different cars that I'm reviewing. Right now, it is set up only for 540xi or M550xi trim levels, but it could easily be adapted for any others.

It doesn't have every available option, but it does have the most popular ones. If you come across another option and want to add a row, just insert the row, click "Make Check Marks", enter the cell range such as "A20:A21" to create new checkboxes for rows 21 and 22 for example. This uses standard Excel ranges. Then fill in the information about the option description and MSRP. Then, by checking or unchecking the boxes, you can quickly calculate the MSRP versus the Invoice +/- $10 using the formula posted here.

I can't upload it here, but it's available in my Dropbox at:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jq0i52bgo8...blic.xlsm?dl=0

No, this is not a scam. No, this is not anything malicious. This is something I created myself and hopefully can help others.

NOTE: This spreadsheet DOES use macros. I am good about anti-virus protection, but I make no warranties or guarantees.

Cheers!

Jonathan
Old 12-14-2017, 04:33 PM

Mein Auto: 2015 550i; 2015 X5 5.0
So I was at the LA Auto Show and they had a beautiful 2018 M550i with every single option available. But even with the upgraded leather package that this car had, the dash is not leather like the previous series.. it's some like of vinyl. This seems wrong. I hope BMW reconsiders this.
Old 01-04-2018, 01:21 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 328d Sportwagon
Any idea when the 2018 540d Pricing & Ordering Guides might be available??

Thanks, Len
Old 01-07-2018, 05:23 AM

Mein Auto: 2002
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cult...o-enthusiasts/
Old 01-19-2018, 01:11 PM
dce

Mein Auto: 540 dX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spied4US View Post

LOL - great article - thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app
Old 02-09-2018, 09:14 PM
dce

Mein Auto: 540 dX
Quote:
Originally Posted by skarden View Post
My friend ordered a M550 and the dealer had a slot for him right away. He got in June. He did have a rattle in the right seat when no one was in it, but they eventually put some felt tape between the seat and the seat back and it fixed it. They also fixed a rattle in the right door. The barking brake wasn't turning off a lot and the Apple CarPlay wasn't working all the time either. They both got software updates and all is fine. He said he'd marry it if he could and this is his 5th Beamer. (I have a 530 on the boat right now)

Is that barking brake available on the 540iX? Would be nice to have when some [email protected] A$$ cuts me off!

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app
Old 02-14-2018, 06:25 PM

Mein Auto: Alpina B6, m550
If anyone is looking for a good dealer in the southern California area, please message me. Just picked up a 2017 Alpina b6 and a 2018 m550i in January.

Shopped the m550 offer to multiple dealers...Irvine BMW, Crevier BMW, Shelly BMW...even Greg Poland at Pacific BMW. I was told that a 5% discount of MSRP was a gift. Ended up with a double digit discount off MSRP. I picked up an X5M from a different dealer in December, but I wish I would've waited b/c seriously...the deals are borderline ridiculous.

My dealer has asked me to keep their name out of public postings if possible, but I will be happy to make any introductions for those of you in the market. Please send me a message. FYI...I just renewed all my BMW leases for my family so I'm not getting any kickbacks, incentives, commissions etc. I'm just lucky to have found this dealership and got to know the manager really well, so just trying to pay it forward.

BTW....didn't have the patience to wait for a marked up m5 to come back down to reality pricing....the m550i is a beast in its own right.
Old 02-15-2018, 11:32 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by jprx View Post
If anyone is looking for a good dealer in the southern California area, please message me. Just picked up a 2017 Alpina b6 and a 2018 m550i in January.

Shopped the m550 offer to multiple dealers...Irvine BMW, Crevier BMW, Shelly BMW...even Greg Poland at Pacific BMW. I was told that a 5% discount of MSRP was a gift. Ended up with a double digit discount off MSRP. I picked up an X5M from a different dealer in December, but I wish I would've waited b/c seriously...the deals are borderline ridiculous.

My dealer has asked me to keep their name out of public postings if possible, but I will be happy to make any introductions for those of you in the market. Please send me a message. FYI...I just renewed all my BMW leases for my family so I'm not getting any kickbacks, incentives, commissions etc. I'm just lucky to have found this dealership and got to know the manager really well, so just trying to pay it forward.

BTW....didn't have the patience to wait for a marked up m5 to come back down to reality pricing....the m550i is a beast in its own right.

I would love to have the contact info! Do you know if they deal with out-of-state orders?
Old 02-22-2018, 01:10 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 2018 540i
Price increase

Already bought my 540i back in September (delivery November). I just visited the configurator to take a look around, and it looks like the 540i base went up $500. I assume this is probably across all G30 versions, did not check each one.

Current: 2018 540i MSport | Med Blue/Cognac| MSport Brakes | Multi-Contour | HK | ZLP
Prior: 2014 535i Individual | Azurite Black/Amaro Brown Merino | Premium | Cold | PDC | Rear Camera
Prior: 2011 535i AT | Black Sapphire/Cinnamon | Premium | Heated Sts | Nav | Sirius | Anthracite Hdr & Trim
Prior: 2008 335i 6MT Sedan | Black Sapphire/Terra Leather | Premium | Cold | CA
Prior: 2005 330i 6MT | Black Sapphire/Sand Leather
Old 02-24-2018, 11:06 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 540i
Quote:
Originally Posted by markl53 View Post
Already bought my 540i back in September (delivery November). I just visited the configurator to take a look around, and it looks like the 540i base went up $500. I assume this is probably across all G30 versions, did not check each one.
I can confirm the increase via my sticker. Was shocked to see that. Fortunately they honored December price and also got better February incentives.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Bimmerfest mobile app
Old 03-19-2018, 05:59 PM

Mein Auto: 2018 M550iX
Quote:

I'm interested, Message sent.

Ed
Old 04-26-2018, 08:28 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 530e
I have a friend wants to buy a 530e. What is current April dealer discount %? Also, what are the incentives he can apply for?
Old 05-05-2018, 07:40 PM

Mein Auto: x5 disel
Quote:

Could you PM me the contact info on the dealer ?
Old 05-23-2018, 10:59 AM

Mein Auto:
Quote:

Sent you a PM. I'm also very interested in this. I have shopped most of the dealers you listed and am very close to ordering an M550i. Would love to save another couple percent off MSRP.
Old 06-14-2018, 05:13 PM
Achtung! Hochspannung!

Mein Auto: 2018 i3, F10 535d
2019 Guides below!

See More Related BMW Stories

Tags
2018 5 series pricing, 2018 bmw pricing, 5 series pricing, bmw 5 series forum, bmw g30 forum, bmw invoice pricing, bmw news, bmw pricing, g30 5 series, g30 forum

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > G30 (2017 - Current)
Today's Posts Search