The ultimate check your BMW 3 Series F30 deal thread - Page 53 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation BMW 3 Series Sedan F30/F31/F34 and the first first generation 4 Series Coupe F32/F33/F36. Get the latest 3 and 4 series pricing from our ordering and pricing guide sticky thread.

Old 05-22-2017, 10:44 AM

Mein Auto: RRS
How much does your deal show for capital cost reduction?

When I asked for the numbers, cap cost was left out (red flag).

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2017, 11:00 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2017 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8tful View Post
The monthly numbers on the leasehackr calculator were close to dealer's offer if I plugged the $2500 into Post-Sale Rebate. If applied it as an Incentive, then the monthly payment comes down closer to the low $500s. Still lots to learn about the process and unfortunately personal matters just came up that's taking me out of the market for the time being. At least I've learned a lot for when the time comes to continue the search. I'm currently leasing a Range Rover HST and there was no wiggle room. I knew what I was getting into at the time because of the demand situation, but having SAs that are eager to work on a getting a good deal is what will bring me back to them in the future (hopefully sooner rather than later).
Thanks again to everyone that's provided such valuable information and look forward to reading new posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app
How does a "post-sale" rebate come into play? Do they hand you $2500 when you take delivery? Why can't the rebate be applied as a capital cost reduction? I had my $2000 incentive applied as a cap. cost reduction.
Old 05-22-2017, 05:58 PM

Mein Auto: Ml350
I am a Lease Broker. I just wanted to make sure I got a good deal for my client, I deal mainly with 330e leases in California, but this deal is in New York. Your thoughts would be great.

BMW 340i xDrive
36 months 12k miles
MSRP: 58,845 (manual trans, technology, cold weather, driver assistance, black kidney grills, and msport)
Sales Price: 51,050 (w/fleet)
MF: 0.0013
Down Payment: 0
Due at Signing: 2,100 (1st month, bank fee, DMV, and doc fee)
Payment incl tax: 579
Tax = 8.375%
Old 05-22-2017, 06:01 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeemerGuy View Post
On top of that, offers from BMW vary from region to region, and what time of the year it is, etc. So if you get 8% and you are striving for 18%, it ain't gonna happen, be happy.
I found there to be a significant difference based region. Locally the best offer I found was 3k off in the midwest but on either cost 6k off was the best deal I could find. This was a 2018 440 GC order. MSRP was 63k.
Old 05-23-2017, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyclife View Post
I am a Lease Broker. I just wanted to make sure I got a good deal for my client, I deal mainly with 330e leases in California, but this deal is in New York. Your thoughts would be great.

BMW 340i xDrive
36 months 12k miles
MSRP: 58,845 (manual trans, technology, cold weather, driver assistance, black kidney grills, and msport)
Tax = 8.375%
any thoughts would be appreciated
Old 05-23-2017, 07:00 AM

Mein Auto: 18' Tesla Model 3 Perf.
Quote:
any thoughts would be appreciated
You do this for a living (you mention you are a lease broker), right? I didnt see a need to comment on it because you know whether it is good or not. To me, this feels like an ad "I am a lease broker, look at the deal I got!".

If its not, there is no need to mention you are a broker, as its completely irrelevant to the nature of your deal.

If you dont know whether this is a good deal or not, I would say you are not a very good broker....

(you know its a good deal)

2019 X3 M40i Phytonic Blue |Blk Leather W/Blue Stiching | Alu. Rhombicle trim | Adaptive Suspension | Premium Pack | Drivers Assist | Drivers Assist + | Wireless Charging | 21" 718 Wheels| | Executive Pack | HK Stereo (hers)

18' Tesla Model 3 Performance

BMW CCA #477341
Old 05-23-2017, 07:26 AM

Quote:

BMW 340i xDrive
36 months 12k miles
Tax = 8.375%
The payment is below 1% of MSRP so it is a good deal, however, you quote a below market MF. Current MF is .0015. Did you apply MSDs to get it down? Also, you didn't include the broker's fee which will make the deal less attractive than it appears. So we'll need to know that in order to say whether the deal is truly attractive to the client.
Old 05-23-2017, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMK5 View Post
The payment is below 1% of MSRP so it is a good deal, however, you quote a below market MF. Current MF is .0015. Did you apply MSDs to get it down? Also, you didn't include the broker's fee which will make the deal less attractive than it appears. So we'll need to know that in order to say whether the deal is truly attractive to the client.
It mentions fleet discount so .00150 minus .00020 = the MF broker quoted.

2019 X3 M40i Phytonic Blue |Blk Leather W/Blue Stiching | Alu. Rhombicle trim | Adaptive Suspension | Premium Pack | Drivers Assist | Drivers Assist + | Wireless Charging | 21" 718 Wheels| | Executive Pack | HK Stereo (hers)

BMW CCA #477341
Old 05-23-2017, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrandorin View Post
It mentions fleet discount so .00150 minus .00020 = the MF broker quoted.
I see. I didn't realize fleet discount was a MF discount.
Old 05-23-2017, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMK5 View Post
This is for a friend, I am not charging any fees. Since its for a friend I want to make sure its the best deal possible. Last month I got 448 w/tax and MSD on a 340 so this is far off, if it were for anyone else I wouldn't spend this much attention on it. Mainly 330 and 330e which I've gotten much better deals on. I am talking about 312 a month on the 330e. This car isn't an order but isn't on the lot either. My dealer took another deals allocation and its sitting at the port right now

Last edited by nyclife; 05-23-2017 at 08:57 AM.
Old 05-23-2017, 08:54 PM

Quote:
This is for a friend, I am not charging any fees. Since its for a friend I want to make sure its the best deal possible. Last month I got 448 w/tax and MSD on a 340 so this is far off, if it were for anyone else I wouldn't spend this much attention on it. Mainly 330 and 330e which I've gotten much better deals on. I am talking about 312 a month on the 330e. This car isn't an order but isn't on the lot either. My dealer took another deals allocation and its sitting at the port right now
This still sounds like an ad, sorry to say. All of those other prices are irrelevant for your current deal, and if you are a broker who does not know what a good deal is, then you wont be in business long.

BMW CCA #477341
Old 05-23-2017, 09:12 PM

Quote:
This still sounds like an ad, sorry to say. All of those other prices are irrelevant for your current deal, and if you are a broker who does not know what a good deal is, then you wont be in business long.
This is not an ad. Also I have been in business quite a bit dealing with other makes, but BMW's pricing has changed significantly this month, so I just wanted to check-in. MF .00146 --> .00150 and there aren't anymore msds. I seriously can't understand why I would be getting any kind of hate, I am trying to get the best deal for my friend end of story. I do have a main contact at several bmw dealerships, but since this is for a friend I wanted to exhaust all possible avenues for getting the best deal. If you think this is an ad then you're wrong, I wouldn't have posted it here, and last why would you criticize my expertise when you know nothing about what I do or have done. Sorry for the rant I just don't like people judging me when they have no basis

Last edited by nyclife; 05-23-2017 at 09:17 PM.
Old 05-23-2017, 11:13 PM

Quote:
This is not an ad. Also I have been in business quite a bit dealing with other makes, but BMW's pricing has changed significantly this month, so I just wanted to check-in. MF .00146 --> .00150 and there aren't anymore msds. I seriously can't understand why I would be getting any kind of hate, I am trying to get the best deal for my friend end of story. I do have a main contact at several bmw dealerships, but since this is for a friend I wanted to exhaust all possible avenues for getting the best deal. If you think this is an ad then you're wrong, I wouldn't have posted it here, and last why would you criticize my expertise when you know nothing about what I do or have done. Sorry for the rant I just don't like people judging me when they have no basis

I had a longer response here but erased it before I hit send. I think I answered your question but will try again. The fact that you are a broker was irrelevant to your question of if the deal was good, so why did you include it? Why did you include other information about your other brokered deals? You could have just asked about whether the deal you were looking at was good without those facts and accomplished your stated goal.

Im not giving you "hate". If you are attempting to get best price for your friend "end of story" and CHARGE PEOPLE MONEY TO DO THIS FOR A LIVING, INCLUDING BROKERING BMWS, you would HAVE to know the state of your deal... or do you run every brokered deal you do through bimmerfest? It makes no sense, sorry... and things that dont make sense stick out.

So, with that being said before I get the wrath of tim330 on me, let me answer your question. To me, your deal looks fine, but I DONT do this for a living, I just help people here with pricing because I like to help people.

BMW CCA #477341
Old 05-24-2017, 05:42 AM

Quote:
I had a longer response here but erased it before I hit send. I think I answered your question but will try again. The fact that you are a broker was irrelevant to your question of if the deal was good, so why did you include it? Why did you include other information about your other brokered deals? You could have just asked about whether the deal you were looking at was good without those facts and accomplished your stated goal.

Im not giving you "hate". If you are attempting to get best price for your friend "end of story" and CHARGE PEOPLE MONEY TO DO THIS FOR A LIVING, INCLUDING BROKERING BMWS, you would HAVE to know the state of your deal... or do you run every brokered deal you do through bimmerfest? It makes no sense, sorry... and things that dont make sense stick out.

So, with that being said before I get the wrath of tim330 on me, let me answer your question. To me, your deal looks fine, but I DONT do this for a living, I just help people here with pricing because I like to help people.
Although you are asking questions that I have already provided answers to, I will answer them again. Maybe you are right I shouldn't have put that information there. However, didn't I say I wasn't charging any money for this, I may be wrong but that's what I said. I don't run every brokered deal through bimmerfest and I think you know that. "It doesn't make sense", it makes perfect sense. This deal I am not making any money on as it's for a friend. For that reason, I want to ensure it's the best deal possible under this months pricing.
Old 05-24-2017, 06:54 AM
former motorcycle rider

Mein Auto: F87 & F01
Quote:
I just don't like people judging me when they have no basis
I get that. I suspect that there is some hostility because you freely admit that you are a broker, and so we all assumed that you were making money on the deal. Nothing wrong with that, but to make money on everyone else's voluntary assistance could be considered... um, bad. As we later found out, it was for a friend, no fee, etc. so kudos to you.

I have a question though, I'm curious: if I were to use you to broker a deal for me, how do you make your money? Is it a flat fee, a cut off the top, kickback from the dealer or financier, or something else?
Old 05-24-2017, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeemerGuy View Post
Though, I'm curious: if I were to use you to broker a deal for me, how do you make your money? Is it a flat fee, a cut off the top, kickback from the dealer or financier, or something else?
Every Broker works differently. Some get a kickback/cut off the top from the dealer and have to meet monthly quotas on how many cars the move. I charge a flat fee to the customer as I don't feel comfortable with people not knowing how much I get paid and want them to get the best deal (happens with the kickback). My fee is 200. I charge 100 when the customer accepts the car and the price for that car. Another 100 when the deal is signed. For whatever reason, if the deal doesn't go through but they've paid me the first 100 I can find them up to four more deals. Like I said, this is just how I operate in no way is it uniform to the lease brokering market.
Old 05-27-2017, 05:11 PM

Mein Auto: 328i xDrive sedan
Anyone know if dealers can take in a lease a bit early so that I could buy? I am leasing a 328 xDrive and have 9 months remaining on the lease. I would like to buy a 340i. Curious if anyone knows if there is anything I can do or if I just have to wait it all the way out.
Old 05-27-2017, 07:17 PM

Mein Auto: MT 244'80 V70R'07 340x'16
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnk View Post
Anyone know if dealers can take in a lease a bit early so that I could buy? I am leasing a 328 xDrive and have 9 months remaining on the lease. I would like to buy a 340i. Curious if anyone knows if there is anything I can do or if I just have to wait it all the way out.
As long as a dealership can make some profit with the transaction. Definitely have heard of some with 3 to 5 months left on their lease doing what you'd like to do. Best way to find out is to ask-a-dealer elsewhere on this forum or call a few dealerships.
Old 05-27-2017, 08:27 PM

Mein Auto: 440i xDrive Gran Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by argh View Post
As long as a dealership can make some profit with the transaction. Definitely have heard of some with 3 to 5 months left on their lease doing what you'd like to do. Best way to find out is to ask-a-dealer elsewhere on this forum or call a few dealerships.
X2. It's negotiable. I have an i3 with a lease ending on Halloween. The car has depreciated so much that the dealer doesn't want it returned early. They told me I could pay off the lease term in full and return it early. Gee thanks.
Old 05-27-2017, 09:17 PM

Mein Auto: 328i xDrive sedan
Was thinking the low mileage helps

I was thinking that because it is way under on mileage, that helps the dealer turn a profit with it.

Tough break on the i3's...they are depreciating like rocks. I cannot say I am surprised considering how low the range is on these early EV's. With GM bringing their new Bolt EV car to the market that almost completely outperforms the i3 at a lower price point, I can't see how BMW will continue to move very many.

Last edited by tnk; 05-27-2017 at 09:20 PM.
Old 06-05-2017, 04:48 PM

Mein Auto: N/a
340xi - almost fully equipped - Any feedback would be helpful

MSRP: 57890
Cap cost: 51,545
Residual 68% (39,365)
2 years/10k miles per year
MF: 0.00130

1000 up front for allocation from the ship (never heard of this)

originally 3320 up front, with the 1000 for allocation from ship, now 2320 up front (taxes NY, 1st month, fees)

comes out to roughly ~640/month

How does it look?
Old 06-05-2017, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legdon View Post
340xi - almost fully equipped - Any feedback would be helpful

MSRP: 57890
Cap cost: 51,545
Residual 68% (39,365)
2 years/10k miles per year
MF: 0.00130

1000 up front for allocation from the ship (never heard of this)

originally 3320 up front, with the 1000 for allocation from ship, now 2320 up front (taxes NY, 1st month, fees)

comes out to roughly ~640/month

How does it look?
Only way you are getting quoted .00130 MF is to have a corporate discount, which would also be 1500 discount off the deal. Did you forget to mention you are being quoted with a corporate discount (or equivilent, such as AARP or some other corporate discount type program)?

BMW CCA #477341
Old 06-06-2017, 07:39 AM

Mein Auto: N/a
Hey thanks for the reply
MF was decreased from 150 due to my employer (a hospital) discount
Old 06-14-2017, 07:31 AM

Mein Auto: E36 M and a couple others
I would love to buy new but can't justify it when I come across a CPO deal. Just a heads if anyone is looking to buy a 3 or 4 series CPO'd this is a good site or if you would like to compare dealer prices nationwide.

https://www.autolist.com/listings#bo...=mileage%3Aasc

I love my 2017 335XI M Sport best practical car I have ever owned . Good luck on finding the best deal.
Old 06-14-2017, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanaM View Post

I love my 2017 335XI M Sport best practical car I have ever owned . Good luck on finding the best deal.
Just a FYI, there is no such car as a 2017 335Xi....

2016 328xi GT, A86, LCOM, ZDA, ZDH, ZLP, ZPP, ZTP, 494, 5AC, 5DF, 5DL, BMS Stage 1, Many coded goodies. ED 8-28-2015 Gone

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search