e90 CCC and CIC to NBT retrofit DIY - Page 15 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 11-13-2017, 01:55 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 E61
*removed* wrong post

Last edited by pavanbabut; 11-13-2017 at 02:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2017, 02:48 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 328i convertible
I've upgraded my NBT w/TCB to an NBT EVO w/ATM.

If anyone is looking to do the NBT retrofit, and has not yet purchased a NBT unit, I have an NBT with a matching TCB, I'm looking to sell. If you had a TCU/MULF, or a Combox, and are looking to upgrade to NBT, the TCB allows you to keep online services, such as RTTI, Online Search, and E-call working. The TCB has active services until 2020. Going from TCU/MULF to TCB is fairly easy, going from Combox to TCU should be very easy.

Last edited by Mashman; 11-13-2017 at 02:50 PM.
Old 11-27-2017, 10:07 PM

Mein Auto: X5 E70 pre-LCI
I'm looking for additional pins to wire the Ethernet for upcoming NBT retrofit. Please advise me where I can buy them online. I saw plenty of pins on AliExpress, but do not know what pins are correct.

MQS Pins (for eNet)
OBD2 Pins (for eNet)

Thanks.
Old 12-02-2017, 08:29 AM

Mein Auto: 550i M Sport 2006
i have the same question please if someone can answer that ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basti View Post
Ah okay,

Where can I find the pin allocation for the OBD2 and where do I Have to put/connect the wires?
Old 08-14-2018, 09:41 AM

Mein Auto:
Phone Call Echo for 2013 BMW US Spec M3?

Hi Everyone, Thank you in advance for any help or suggestion you might have. I've had the installation done for about a year and am somewhat divided on whether I'd do it again. My issue I'd appreacite help on is "How do you eliminate the terrible echo on the side of your phone calls for the party not in the car?" Bimmer Retrofit said "Replacing an E-Series with an F-Series Amp remidies the problem." Yet I've had the dealer swap in 2 correct part numbers for my Harmon Kardon Sound System but from the same 2016 F-Seies F-25 which had NBT Evo in it as follows, but unfortunately it's stil not remedying the issue. I'm happy to pay anyone that will get on the phone with my BMW dealership that's fixed this issue and can talk them through how to do it. Please let me know how much it would cost, what's involved (i.e. part numbers) and if you could possibly do it over the next week.

F-Series Amp:#65 12 9 393 182
F-Series Microphone: # 84 10 9 263 744

My issue is the dealer and installer have been great but the e-mail support while fast doesn't make sense to either shop (BMW OEM & Stereo). This is a very expensive kit, and if it worked definitely worth it. I can be reached at: [email protected] or (703) 801-9079.

My issue is while the complicated stuff (i.e. Wireless CarPlay, AppleMaps) works great the simple act of carrying on a phone call is uterly unacceptable. When I call people my side (i.e.in the car) is crystal clear. However on the other side of the call there is such a bad echo people can't hear me therefore making my $4K upgrade ($2.5K hardware & $1.5K install) worthless.

Other issues not worth doing, or still having issues (Less important than phone calls):
1. Touch iDrive - Not sure if it would work as it would have required required drilling my center console and the install shop didn't feel comfortable doing it (i.e. Skip this if you go forward with this install),nor did I.
2. iDrive button on center console don't map 100% to the right functions (i.e. either phone or stereo doesn't take you where you'd expect);
3. Normal non-car play iDrive maps are off by about 25 - 50 feet so if you use them it says take a turn on the street you just drove over;
4. Stereo Memory Presets aren't alway there, but for some reason, thankfully come back if you turn the car off. The stereo works great but can't understand why they disappear and reappear for no reason;
5. Phone calls - Outside of the echo issue, making this part mute, sometime if you make a call CarPlay dials perfectly and you can see the call is connected but it doesn't consistently switch off the music to the call and you can't hear the call is connected. Usually this can be connected by disconnnected and replacing the call 2 times normally, 3 times in the worst case.

Last edited by Scott.Griffiths; 08-14-2018 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 12-03-2018, 05:19 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 BMW 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott.Griffiths View Post
Hi Everyone, Thank you in advance for any help or suggestion you might have. I've had the installation done for about a year and am somewhat divided on whether I'd do it again. My issue I'd appreacite help on is "How do you eliminate the terrible echo on the side of your phone calls for the party not in the car?" Bimmer Retrofit said "Replacing an E-Series with an F-Series Amp remidies the problem." Yet I've had the dealer swap in 2 correct part numbers for my Harmon Kardon Sound System but from the same 2016 F-Seies F-25 which had NBT Evo in it as follows, but unfortunately it's stil not remedying the issue. I'm happy to pay anyone that will get on the phone with my BMW dealership that's fixed this issue and can talk them through how to do it. Please let me know how much it would cost, what's involved (i.e. part numbers) and if you could possibly do it over the next week.

F-Series Amp:#65 12 9 393 182
F-Series Microphone: # 84 10 9 263 744

My issue is the dealer and installer have been great but the e-mail support while fast doesn't make sense to either shop (BMW OEM & Stereo). This is a very expensive kit, and if it worked definitely worth it. I can be reached at: [email protected] or (703) 801-9079.

My issue is while the complicated stuff (i.e. Wireless CarPlay, AppleMaps) works great the simple act of carrying on a phone call is uterly unacceptable. When I call people my side (i.e.in the car) is crystal clear. However on the other side of the call there is such a bad echo people can't hear me therefore making my $4K upgrade ($2.5K hardware & $1.5K install) worthless.

Other issues not worth doing, or still having issues (Less important than phone calls):
1. Touch iDrive - Not sure if it would work as it would have required required drilling my center console and the install shop didn't feel comfortable doing it (i.e. Skip this if you go forward with this install),nor did I.
2. iDrive button on center console don't map 100% to the right functions (i.e. either phone or stereo doesn't take you where you'd expect);
3. Normal non-car play iDrive maps are off by about 25 - 50 feet so if you use them it says take a turn on the street you just drove over;
4. Stereo Memory Presets aren't alway there, but for some reason, thankfully come back if you turn the car off. The stereo works great but can't understand why they disappear and reappear for no reason;
5. Phone calls - Outside of the echo issue, making this part mute, sometime if you make a call CarPlay dials perfectly and you can see the call is connected but it doesn't consistently switch off the music to the call and you can't hear the call is connected. Usually this can be connected by disconnnected and replacing the call 2 times normally, 3 times in the worst case.
God forbid they include a $100 AMP with a $3,000 kit.
Old 12-03-2018, 06:01 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 e90 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by CIC Retrofit View Post
God forbid they include a $100 AMP with a $3,000 kit.
I feel sorry for the guy. I messaged him a while ago to try and help him - even directed him to my thread on how to mount the touch I-drive controller without drilling or heavy fabricating (its actually quite simple).

But I think there was something more going on with his head unit. From all the issues, it's clear it wasn't coded properly.
If anyone is dropping 3k on a luxury item like this - $100 is a drop in the bucket and to be honest, you should have another 1k budget (tools ie: 70amp charger, ICOM, additional parts that you may need).
Old 12-03-2018, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceweasel69 View Post
I feel sorry for the guy. I messaged him a while ago to try and help him - even directed him to my thread on how to mount the touch I-drive controller without drilling or heavy fabricating (its actually quite simple).

But I think there was something more going on with his head unit. From all the issues, it's clear it wasn't coded properly.
If anyone is dropping 3k on a luxury item like this - $100 is a drop in the bucket and to be honest, you should have another 1k budget (tools ie: 70amp charger, ICOM, additional parts that you may need).
From what I am reading he needs to change:

Enabled REFERENCE_CHANNEL_TEL and set REFERENCE_CHANNEL_TEL_MODE to wert_01

In the NBT.

His AMP should also be on the AMP_60 version.

I want to help him out so I know how to fix this issue if I do decide to sell NBT kits. I am putting a NBT Next in my car tomorrow and I am under $1,000 in parts including the car systems extended emulator. I did not buy a F series AMP yet but that should be maybe $100. Could you send a link to how you mounted the touch controller?

Last edited by CIC Retrofit; 12-03-2018 at 06:24 PM.
Old 12-04-2018, 08:38 AM

Mein Auto: 328i convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by CIC Retrofit View Post
From what I am reading he needs to change:

Enabled REFERENCE_CHANNEL_TEL and set REFERENCE_CHANNEL_TEL_MODE to wert_01

In the NBT.

His AMP should also be on the AMP_60 version.

I want to help him out so I know how to fix this issue if I do decide to sell NBT kits. I am putting a NBT Next in my car tomorrow and I am under $1,000 in parts including the car systems extended emulator. I did not buy a F series AMP yet but that should be maybe $100. Could you send a link to how you mounted the touch controller?
I'm not sure where you are going to find a tophifi amp for $100, I've been watching and even amp being sold for parts typically sell for more than that. You can get F-series hifi amps for around $100, but if you have the hifi system, there is no reason to change your amp.

Below are pictures of how I attached my controller. The touch controller is a hair larger than the CIC controller, so a little bit of sanding was required. You also need to cut down a couple of mounting posts that are too high. The mounting holes are in different locations, so I simply used some duct strap to mount the controller tight in the console trim. Between the opening being just large enough, and the strap holding the controller tight against the trim, there is zero play, it's secured very tightly in the console.
Also with the FSC kits providing voice control ability, I never use the touch functionality, so there really isn't a lot of advantage to upgrade from CIC controller to the touch controller.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181204_091752.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	217.9 KB
ID:	830421   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181204_091916.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	830423  
Old 12-20-2018, 09:21 AM

I got my emulator and the firmware updated. My CIC looks like it is on and I can eject CDs with the faceplate. My display will not turn on and I can not get the NBT to connect to esys. Carsystems says I need a 1kohm resistor in my enenet wiring.

Unlike the CIC retrofit the NBT info is scarce.
Old 12-20-2018, 09:21 AM

Delete me
Old 01-07-2019, 09:20 AM

Mein Auto: BMW
Hi,

retrofited nbt navigation to e71 (x6) everything seems works fine, just couple issues. Don't show service requirements and fault notifications. Can't set date and time. Is this coding issues or something else?

Thanks in advance
Old 01-07-2019, 09:20 AM

delete
Old 01-07-2019, 11:56 AM

Mein Auto: 320dA e90
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdgaBMW View Post
Hi,

retrofited nbt navigation to e71 (x6) everything seems works fine, just couple issues. Don't show service requirements and fault notifications. Can't set date and time. Is this coding issues or something else?

Thanks in advance
Set kombi_cic to kombi low into nbt
Old 01-25-2019, 08:54 PM

I got a NBT Evo going in my car. I am having my EVO and ATM matched so I can use connected drive services. Hopefully with my car systems emulator I can use remote locks.
Old 01-26-2019, 05:01 AM

Nbt navigation retrofit to E71 done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-26-2019, 05:11 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 330i, 2014 X3 35i
I installed NBT in my 2006 330i a couple of years ago. I am sure the bluetooth worked at that time, and it paired with my iPhone 4. Somewhere along the way it seems to have stooped working, and I am not sure when or why. I did change to an iPhone 8 Plus about a year ago and I don't know if that is related. I just bought a new antenna for an X5 from eBay thinking that might be the problem. I installed it today and it still does not work, basically the iPhone does not see the NBT when I try pairing.

Any suggestion for what I should look at or try?
Old 01-29-2019, 01:11 AM

Mein Auto: E90 pre lci
Don’t use any 0 in repairing! Do like 23456

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest
Old 03-31-2019, 06:55 AM

Mein Auto: E91 325d
Does everyone knows how’s how to remove
1- user manuals (search by picture etc)
2- how to change picture in background (5series GT) in “car info menu” to 3series touring (f31)
3- remove ambient light setting low-high in “lightning menu”

Old 07-14-2019, 04:45 PM

Mein Auto: Bmw 335i
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darudis e91 View Post
Does everyone knows how’s how to remove
1- user manuals (search by picture etc)
2- how to change picture in background (5series GT) in “car info menu” to 3series touring (f31)
3- remove ambient light setting low-high in “lightning menu”

I know a guy who can code those out he did it for my car. I am sure he will do it for a reasonable fee. PM me if you need the info.

See More Related BMW Stories

Tags
camera, ccc, cic, diy, e90, e91, e92, e93, idrive, nbt, retrofit

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search