2001 E39 525i sports wagon b30/manual swap - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Classic Bimmers

Classic Bimmers
Discussions pertaining to vintage and classic BMW models here...

Old 11-13-2019, 12:14 PM

Mein Auto:
2001 E39 525i sports wagon b30/manual swap

I have a 2001 525iT that I have put unconditional love to and was already planning on manual swapping. I have all the parts from a doner 530i. However I was also planning on doing a b30 swap since I have the whole drivetrain from the doner car. Would anyone tell me otherwise if i should manual swap the wagon first and do a b30 swap later Or would I be better off to swap in a rebuild b30 and manual transmission. The real question I am asking is will the dme and all other modules work together after I flash the b30 tune and recode everything for a manual? I've read that no wagons in the United States came with a 530i manual but there were 525i manual wagons and I'm curious if any of the software would contradict each other once its all flashed. Would the car care if it had a b30 tune after I flashed it for manual? I was considering my options of first manual swapping the b25 and just swap everything else besides the rotating assembly from the b30. My goal is to try and keep this car as oem as possible ie. software wise. I would still like to pass inspection and emissions. Any feedback is welcome thanks.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Classic Bimmers
Today's Posts Search