Help: Audio system has no sound - Page 2 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 06-25-2017, 10:42 AM

Mein Auto: 328i
Fixed

I had the same problem on 2012 328i convertible. I took car to an independent garage that had a bmw computer analaysis system. They hooked it up to my car & did a software update & it fixed the problem. They had no idea what the issue was but its been fixed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2017, 04:47 PM

Mein Auto: BMW X5
Then what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilt View Post
It could be that some liquid spilled in your trunk and it gravitated to the amp location under the floor of the trunk.
I had some ice that melted in the back of the X5 and think that might have been the coincided with the outage on my radio. What do I do to fix it?
Old 07-14-2017, 04:51 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: e90 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnienielson View Post
I had some ice that melted in the back of the X5 and think that might have been the coincided with the outage on my radio. What do I do to fix it?
You need to find where your amp and combox is located.. if it's on the side at the rear I doubt the ice caused it..

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2017, 08:40 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 328xi E91
Radio Fuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnienielson View Post
I didn't read every post in this thread (BEGUN OVER 5 YEARS AGO -- why do people on this forum DO THAT -- why add to such an old thread that may NOT have even resulted in any meaningful info or solution to any identified problem???)

However in the posts I DID read, I never saw anyone mention the following:

You have TWO separate fuses:

(1) 10Amp (Red) for the radio dash or head unit (F14 for 2008 & later)
(2) 20Amp (Yellow) for amplifier located in rear cargo area (F15 for 2008 & later)

So YES, melted ice in rear could have damaged the amplifier, or shorted the electric supply wire. So IF your radio control panel lights up and displays stations or tracks, but you get NO sound, check your AMPLIFIER fuse, if you have one (if fuse socket 15 is empty, you may NOT have an amp. To see if you have Option S676, HiFi Speaker System (which has a small amp), enter your VIN in the following page and see the list of Options actually installed on your vehicle:

https://www.etkbmw.com/bmw/EN/vin/decoder/online

George
Old 10-14-2017, 12:28 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 330i sedan
Hello all I have a 2006 330i (no navi or cd changer) and recently the sound to my radio went out. Upon checking for signal from the optic cable connecting to the amplifier, I see a red blinking light which is good. I then checked the connection for the telephone module and I noticed it had already been bypass looped (which is why I never had Bluetooth. My guess is that both modules are bad . So my question is can I bypass both the amp and the telephone module to at least restore the sound to the front speakers? When I plugged both bypass loops I finally get a connection at the optic connection under the steering wheel, I also have a red light when I connect my radio. Help anyone ? Looking for a bypass until I can purchase both modules let me know if I'm missing another module or connection somewhere as I can only find info on e60s.
Old 05-12-2018, 01:50 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW 750li
I have a 2012 750li with no sound. I woke up headed to work with no chime or sound. I can turn the knob and don't get any sound from the radio. The radio isn't on mute and it doesn't indicate that the sound is going up or down any more. I've read several threads saying it may be the amp so I went out and replaced the amp still nothing. Any suggestions
Old 08-07-2019, 02:36 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 BMW 650i
Just has this issue, this video help me out with the SOS issue / no sound:
Old 08-08-2019, 05:36 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by oRIDDLERo View Post
Just has this issue, this video help me out with the SOS issue / no sound:
Considering that SOS needs an outdated and no longer supported wireless network, you might ask yourself about "WHAT VALUE to be had in FIXING this?!"
Old 08-08-2019, 08:57 PM

Mein Auto: 325xi wagon
The thing about the Most Bus is any module bad in the Most Bus takes
everything out on the Most Bus. And if you have the Logic 7 amp it
takes out the sound to. If you did want to bypass the SOS completely
you have to program it out and bypass to the Most Loop at the TCU
with a Most Jumper. If you happen to have bluetooth phone programmed
on that module you will loose it.

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1641149

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/

I would look up as much as I can at the tis
BMW uses the same sound system's across a lot of cars but the upper models may be different.

Also this is time warp thread why bring it back from the dead.

Last edited by ctuna; 08-08-2019 at 09:17 PM.
Old 10-04-2019, 08:11 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 BMW 650i
This was the answer to the no sound issue with my car. This loop seems to universally fit all components - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PDJPXCW It seems like it has helped allot of people:

Last edited by oRIDDLERo; 10-04-2019 at 08:13 AM.

See More Related BMW Stories

Tags
audio system, e90, no sound

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search