e90 CCC and CIC to NBT retrofit DIY - Page 5 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 03-13-2015, 02:32 PM

Mein Auto: BMW X5 4.8is
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobniell View Post
Why do you have to change the wires positions?
NBT uses a different pin configuration than CCC or CIC. From what I hear USB2 from CIC uses the same pin layout as NBT but the cable is too short to goto the center console.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2015, 04:28 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 X5 E70
X5 :- just asking a query, is there a cable then that's suited for the NBT that's the correct length to plug into USB2 at rear of unit to centre armrest?
Old 03-13-2015, 04:33 PM

None that I have found. I know a few people talked about getting the connectors and making their own but most either cut the cable like I did or just turn the connector 180 degrees like TarveN did.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2015, 04:41 PM

Mein Auto: E90 335i
Strage because I just bought a USB connector and cable from Neo, so I hope it fits when I receive it... Both for the snap in and USB connector in the armrest.
Old 03-13-2015, 04:49 PM

Jacob, what port are you connecting to in the rear of the NBT unit?
Old 03-13-2015, 04:51 PM

I already have the glove box usb1 installed in port 12 at rear of NBT listed on rear pic layout of NBT at the start of the forum.
Old 03-13-2015, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Strage because I just bought a USB connector and cable from Neo, so I hope it fits when I receive it... Both for the snap in and USB connector in the armrest.
The one I got from neo needed to be modded to work. It's not hard. It's 4 wires and took me about 10 minutes to do. Less if you rotate it.

Out of all the things you need to do for this job the usb cable is one of the easier things to do.
Old 03-13-2015, 04:58 PM

Okay...
It would be nice if some of you who did the install, listed all the things Thad needed to be changed. I know the screen needs to be changed, the cic bottoms, the I drive if you want touch... What else?
Old 03-14-2015, 01:59 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 640xd
This are part numbers of OEM F30 cables for USB port in armrest and snapin adapter (ejectbox).
They are fitting the E9x and E6x also but must be routed as straight as possible in the center console.

61 11 9 344 594 - NBT to EjectBox in center console
61 11 9 251 703 - NBT to USB in center console
Old 03-14-2015, 05:11 AM

Neo
Can you please specify the item no for the eject box that should be used if you want your snap in adaptor to be able to stream music.
Will the original F30 eject box fit in a E90 armrest?
Thanks
Jacob
Old 03-14-2015, 07:43 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 640xd
E90 has eject box with USB port, it was sold for cars with 6NF option from factory so no need for F30 one.

Part no is 84 10 9 239 396.
Old 03-14-2015, 07:45 AM

Thanks Neo
I will start the search
Old 03-15-2015, 10:52 AM

e90 CCC and CIC to NBT retrofit DIY

I have one question with regards to the microphone installation. If I have in my car originally installed voice command with my CCC system, do I then have two microphones in the head roof and if so do I need to make any changes when I install the NBT with regards to the microphones?

Last edited by jacobniell; 03-15-2015 at 01:00 PM.
Old 03-15-2015, 01:43 PM

Jacob, the existing mic in the roof is rewired directly to NBT unit.. That's how mine was done.
Old 03-15-2015, 01:48 PM

Okay thanks
Old 03-17-2015, 06:55 PM

OK so i bypassed the xm,tcu and mulf in the fiber optic bridge and have bluetooth,usb and audio working. The only things left are wiring the mic and figuring out why the back cam and pdc arent showing on the screen. i can hear the beeps for the radar and if i start it and put it in reverse quickly the screen shows without the cam.

Also the screen that shows the climate doesnt show. So when i put the heat to my feet i have to guess how many times to push the button.

Anyone have any clue about those?
Old 03-18-2015, 04:59 AM

X5-Error;- I have the same issue with Climate control, no listing for it on NBT menu, so as you say hit or missing on this.. let us know how you get on with it. I'll have a look at it from my side as in my mind it should work the same as before.. again just as a query on the front CD/DVD slot. This lines up and functional for you?? have you inserted a CD or DVD into the slot yet??

Has anyone got two USB's working on there NBT upgrade?? For me for e.g. USB 1/Port 12 on rear of NBT in Glove box for Media Files (Music and Video) via 64Gb USB stick and USB2 Port 13 on rear of NBT for iPhone connection in Arm Rest compartment??

One other thing that bugging me Audio over Bluetooth or Data Transfer via mobile device, this in my case is the iPhone 6?? Are these only selectable via coding either/or but not both, because before mine was fully coded I had Audio over Bluetooth working mind you I didn't have Connected Drive set up. Now that NBT is about 80% coded correctly I'm finding I've lost Audio over Bluetooth and its been replaced with data transfer symbol.. Could this not be selectable within NBT??

Last edited by RockMonster; 03-18-2015 at 05:00 AM.
Old 03-18-2015, 05:35 AM

Mein Auto: E60 525d
Quote:
Originally Posted by X5-ERROR View Post
OK so i bypassed the xm,tcu and mulf in the fiber optic bridge and have bluetooth,usb and audio working. The only things left are wiring the mic and figuring out why the back cam and pdc arent showing on the screen. i can hear the beeps for the radar and if i start it and put it in reverse quickly the screen shows without the cam.

Also the screen that shows the climate doesnt show. So when i put the heat to my feet i have to guess how many times to push the button.

Anyone have any clue about those?
Yes you will not get climate control display on NBT this function is all integrated into the Fxx climate panel now, so you have to guess where it's blowing. Although I highly recommend introducing yourself to the Auto function, it works really well!!

You need to check the jumper settings in the emulator if you can hear the beeps but the PDC screen isn't working correctly.
Old 03-18-2015, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockMonster View Post
X5-Error;- I have the same issue with Climate control, no listing for it on NBT menu, so as you say hit or missing on this.. let us know how you get on with it. I'll have a look at it from my side as in my mind it should work the same as before.. again just as a query on the front CD/DVD slot. This lines up and functional for you?? have you inserted a CD or DVD into the slot yet??

Has anyone got two USB's working on there NBT upgrade?? For me for e.g. USB 1/Port 12 on rear of NBT in Glove box for Media Files (Music and Video) via 64Gb USB stick and USB2 Port 13 on rear of NBT for iPhone connection in Arm Rest compartment??

One other thing that bugging me Audio over Bluetooth or Data Transfer via mobile device, this in my case is the iPhone 6?? Are these only selectable via coding either/or but not both, because before mine was fully coded I had Audio over Bluetooth working mind you I didn't have Connected Drive set up. Now that NBT is about 80% coded correctly I'm finding I've lost Audio over Bluetooth and its been replaced with data transfer symbol.. Could this not be selectable within NBT??
I have both bluetooth streaming and bluetooth internet working on mine. It came coded from neo with those working.

Yes I have inserted a DVD and the slot lines up for me.

I only have USB1 working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBright View Post
Yes you will not get climate control display on NBT this function is all integrated into the Fxx climate panel now, so you have to guess where it's blowing. Although I highly recommend introducing yourself to the Auto function, it works really well!!

You need to check the jumper settings in the emulator if you can hear the beeps but the PDC screen isn't working correctly.
Well **** this sucks. I use auto but my CCC let me change how hard and where the air came out for soft, normal and intense and now I have no way of changing those. Moving to NBT might not have been the best move for me. I lose so much and haven't gained all that much from it. I guess I can only blame myself for not researching enough.
Old 03-18-2015, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5-ERROR View Post
I have both bluetooth streaming and bluetooth internet working on mine. It came coded from neo with those working.

Yes I have inserted a DVD and the slot lines up for me.

I only have USB1 working.

Well **** this sucks. I use auto but my CCC let me change how hard and where the air came out for soft, normal and intense and now I have no way of changing those. Moving to NBT might not have been the best move for me. I lose so much and haven't gained all that much from it. I guess I can only blame myself for not researching enough.
It might be possible that you in the future will have the opportunity to change the air settings in the E-series, I would think it is just at matter of coding the Emulator to handle this input?
Bimmerretrofit is regularly looking into updating their Emulator, to support more features.
Old 03-18-2015, 12:56 PM

Quote:
It might be possible that you in the future will have the opportunity to change the air settings in the E-series, I would think it is just at matter of coding the Emulator to handle this input?
Bimmerretrofit is regularly looking into updating their Emulator, to support more features.
I'm in too deep to turn back now so hopefully they get it working.
Old 03-18-2015, 01:36 PM

I Think they will
Old 03-18-2015, 03:30 PM

X5-Error, what car do you have, and which climate panel?

e.g. on the E60 if the facelift climate panel is used, there are shortcut buttons to control where the air flows without needed to use the idrive to control the airflow, can you do this in your car?

EDIT: just seen your pictures - you have the left and right airflow buttons so you can easily change the airflow, after a few seconds it becomes obvious where it's blowing air from. Yes you lose the intensity settings, if you leave it on the medium setting for intensity and centre vents, the AC works very well in auto mode. Of course you still have the option to force all air to the windscreen. I only started using auto mode recently, and it's always been perfect, can't believe I haven't been using it for the last 3 years!

Last edited by SuperBright; 03-18-2015 at 04:36 PM.
Old 03-18-2015, 05:24 PM

X5-Error: Thanks for the reply, very helpful.. Could you do us a favour and post a pic of what your screen shows when you go to Media- click into external devices. I have three listed here.. But they seem to be all requiring a hardwired connection to iPhone,USB,docking port and plain Aux1, definately no Audio over Bluetooth symbol.
Old 03-19-2015, 01:48 AM

when you pair the phone with bluetooth, it allows you to select what services the phone will be used for, here you need to choose phone audio, data and music...

See More Related BMW Stories

Tags
camera, ccc, cic, diy, e90, e91, e92, e93, idrive, nbt, retrofit

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search